Chapter Nine: A Decision

Chapter Nine: A Decision

A Chapter by Trevor
"

Michael learns William's true agenda and has to make a difficult decision.

"
              Michael was in shock.  He couldn't believe what he just heard.  William enjoyed killing.  The act that Michael hated himself for committing was actual fun for William!  Michael could only stand there and stare at his teacher.  William chuckled softly, still smiling that wide smile that he adorned with his fangs. 
              "Come on, Michael," William began, "we're wolves.  Wolves are predators.  They hunt weaker creatures.  It's in our nature.  You do it too.  All that's standing in  your way of being who you are meant to be is that conscience.  The conscience is a human attribute, and you're no longer human.  You know that I'm right, Michael.  You want to remember the night?  All you have to do is accept who you are.  Just accept that you're a predator, and you'll remember every detail of what you do.  You'll even be able to control yourself during the full moon!  That's how I learned to control it.  That's how every wolf controls it.  All you need to do is accept yourself for who you are.  Join me each night, and together we'll keep you in control of the chaos we're destined to bring."
              Michael studied the older man for a moment, deciding what to say.  There was no way he could accept being a murderer, but he did need to control himself.  "You're right, William."  William smiled, but Michael continued, "I am a wolf.  I'm a predator, a beast.  I need to learn to control my changes during the full moon, but I won't do it your way.  I won't willingly slaughter innocent people.  I need to control myself, but I'll learn to do it my way.  I'll learn to control it by myself.  You can't teach me anymore, William.  Thank you for all you've done."  Michael turned away from the man.
                "Michael!"  William angrily shouted.  "You'll never control yourself without me!  Michael!  Every night you'll just do the same thing!"  William caught up to Michael and grabbed his shoulder.  Calmly, he began again, "I'll be in the next town down the eastern road.  When you decide it's time to rejoin me, I'll be waiting."  At that, he turned and walked down the road. 
                Michael watched him go for a while.  He's right.  I can't do this without him.  But I won't become like him.  I MUST control myself.  I cannot be a monster like him any longer.  Tonight I'll change.  I doubt I can get far enough away to not just return tonight as the wolf.  I need to make sure the town is safe from me.  He moved to the nearest townsperson and began helping make preparations for the coming night.  Tonight he would turn.  Tonight he would try to kill.  Tonight, he hoped, he would be stopped.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

               The preparations as complete as possible, the remaining men of the town began returning to their homes to grab their guns and protect their families.  There were so few people left in the town by now.  Michael and William had killed so many.  Men, women, and children...all had been buried at midday.  It was supposed to be a break from the preparations, but it only served as a reminder of how many the town had lost. 
                Michael joined the rest for all of this.  He wanted the reminder of what he had done.  It was a way of remembering something about the night.  The town curfew was closing fast, so Michael headed to his room at the inn too.  I cannot leave this room tonight!  He grabbed every piece of furniture in the room and heaved it against the door.  The wolf could move it all aside easily, but hopefully it wouldn't be smart enough to do so.  Michael wasn't sure how intelligent the wolf was when he wasn't in control.  All he could do was hope. 
                Night came.


© 2010 Trevor


Author's Note

Trevor
Bibliophile wrote her own tale from the point of view of the townsfolk preparing for the night. The chapter's called 'New Terror'. Check it out!
http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/bibliophile/580259/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:( I knew it. He does it for fun-GOD THAT'S SO GROSS! Good-job though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like how michael changes from the first chapter till now. Even the exchange between the 2 characters. very well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Time for Michael to experiment on his changes, that's a very good idea, but William is turning out to be a very bad guy, probably the villain or one of them. I hope Micheal doesn't turn out to be like William, though I doubt he will, I mean, Michael is more rational and humanitarian.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010


Author

Trevor
Trevor

Aberdeen, SD



About
I closed my account 2 years ago. Haven't written a word since then. Guess I just figured it was about time to start again...so here's my "about me" 2 years from the last time I wrote this: 25 year.. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Trevor


Sequel Sequel

A Poem by Trevor