Chapter Eighteen: Memories

Chapter Eighteen: Memories

A Chapter by Trevor
"

John, the hunter, finds the newest victims of Michael and recalls his time with the gray wolf

"
The farm was torn apart.  The only movement was a shutter blowing against the house in the wind.  Only one person stood amongst the scattered bodies.  John kicked a stone at his feet.  He was here, he thought, but where did he go?  John surveyed the ground around the farm until he found what he was looking for: tracks.  Tracks that could've been mistaken for those of a large wolf, but John new the difference.  He knew what they really were.  They were tracks of monsters.  The tracks belonged to the creature known as Michael. 

Michael had been his friend, for a time, but no one could stay friends with a beast.  He knew Michael well.  He knew Michael wasn't quite the same as the other, but that didn't matter.  All of those beasts had to die.  Even though Michael didn't mean to kill most of his victims, he still did it.  Anytime John became unsure he should still hunt Michael, he reminded himself of places like this farm...or the town he once called home. 

He could remember those nights like they happened yesterday.  The women and children's screams as they were ripped apart still haunted him every night.  John could still feel the heat from the torches as the few remaining men chased the wolf into the night and away from the town.  He remember pointing the gun at his little boy.


In the midst of this memory, though, another arose in his mind.  He remembered meeting the man that knew so much about werewolves.  John learned from this man, this Michael.  They hunted the wolf, William, together.  He could remember seeing Michael change for the first time and being horrified at the sight of his friend becoming the thing he hated most.  The decision to continue to help Michael fight, despite his curse, was no easy one to make. 

He could remember leaving Michael.  He remembered vowing to kill him even after their journey together. 

The tracks ran to the east.  John looked at the sun, rising in that direction.  He would follow the tracks to the ends of the earth until he found the beast making them. 

He would keep his vow.


© 2010 Trevor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It kinda seemed like we wouldn't kill Michael for a second there. Like maybe he was debating to forgive him. But, "He would keep his vows." So I guess not.

Posted 13 Years Ago


John is so into it, but his memories keep haunting him, the ones of his family I bet are the ones driving him to take revenge, I would, keep it up, your story is great, I really don't have anything to criticize.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Now this makes more sense. :) Fits in very well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow. just wow.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010


Author

Trevor
Trevor

Aberdeen, SD



About
I closed my account 2 years ago. Haven't written a word since then. Guess I just figured it was about time to start again...so here's my "about me" 2 years from the last time I wrote this: 25 year.. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Trevor


Sequel Sequel

A Poem by Trevor