Chapter Twelve: Kindness

Chapter Twelve: Kindness

A Chapter by Trevor
"

Michael meets a kind elderly couple and begins to change in front of them

"
              Michael's second awakening since nightfall was far more peaceful than the first.  He awoke with nothing around him but a field of green.  Rising from the ground, Michael spotted a small ranch hardly a hundred yards away.  The ranch appeared untouched. Maybe the night ended before I made it to that place.  A moment later he realized he was still nude.  Let's see if that place has some clothes I can get.
             Approaching the house, he could see an elderly man and woman sitting on the porch with a large dog.  As Michael neared the house, the dog bolted upright, alerting the couple of MIchael's presence.
            The old woman's eyes widened at the sight of MIchael's nudity, and the old man called out, "Hey there young fellah!  Looks like you're missin' somethin' on your body there!"
            Before MIchael could open his mouth to reply, the dog jumped up and raced toward him, wildly barking the whole way.  "Better look out, son!  That dog don't take too kindly to strangers!"  The man shouted urgently.  Michael braced himself to be pounced on, but the dog skidded to a halt in at Michael's feet and began excitedly licking his hand. 
            Michael walked the rest of the way to the porch, dog trailing at his heels. "Wow, son, that dog never likes anyone but Bridget here 'n me.  You must have a way with animals.  Now, before I even ask you what 'n the heck you're doin' walkin' around the middle of nowhere in the nude, let's go find ya some clothes."  Michael could hardly utter a thank you before being ushered into the house and clothed. 
            Returning to the porch, the couple -- Maurice (or Maury to his friends) and Bridget -- wanted to know why Michael was wandering completely naked.  Reaching desperately for some explanation, he made up a story about travelling across the country and being mugged nearby.  According to the tale, the mugger stole Michael's horse and all of his belongings.
           Bridget gave Michael a sad look, "Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that, young man.  Well maybe we could put you to work on the ranch.  What do you think of that?"
           "Ma'am, I think that's very kind of you, but I don't think I can accept that.  I gotta get back on the road."
           "Well, son, ya can't get very far with just the clothes on your back.  Here...lemme give you some things."  Maury offered before sweeping Michael back into the house. 
           Michael spent all day with the kind couple until Bridget noticed the time.  "Oh! It's getting late! Look at the sun is almost down already! Well, boys, we should hit the hay soon! Michael, dear, you're more than welcome to stay!"
             Oh no!  Night's coming!  The moon!  I'm going to change!  I can't do it here!  I have to save Maury and Bridget!  "I can't. I wouldn't want to intrude. Besides, I really must be on my way," Michael argued, hiding his fear.
             "Oh! We insist! It isn't safe for anyone to roam around the country at night!"  She exclaimed.
             "No, no, thank you so much, but I really have to go!  You don't understand.  It's just very important I go."  Michael's argument prevented him from seeing the sun finish setting and the moon finish rising.  The changes started.  The pain was unbearable, but he managed to make a few words to the terrified couple.  "Maury, Bridget....run...RUN!"
             The two didn't run as Michael wanted.  Bridget actually took a step closer!  "How can I help you, Michael?  Just tell me, and I'll do it!"
             Michael used all the strength he could muster to hold off the change and scream, "RUN OR YOU'LL BOTH DIE!" 
            Maury held his wife close and closed his eyes.  My God. Michael realized, they know they're going to die, and they just want to hold each other through the end.  Michael fought the wolf with all his might, but every bit he held back just let way a moment later for the wolf to take him over even more.  Strength depleted, Michael gave one final push against the wolf. 
            Michael opened his eyes. 
            The moon brightly shone in the sky.
            He had won.
            Michael had beaten the wolf.


© 2010 Trevor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yay! Good job Michael! I love how he warned them though. Good job, again! I love this story. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


"My God. Michael realized, they know they're going to die, and they just want to hold each other through the end. " best line in this chapter. so much feeling and awww and realistic. you're good :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


DUDE! I knew he would do it, the question is... for how long? I mean, it won't be as easy next time, at least I think, or maybe the opposite. The old couple and the dog were great in this chapter, I really liked them.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010


Author

Trevor
Trevor

Aberdeen, SD



About
I closed my account 2 years ago. Haven't written a word since then. Guess I just figured it was about time to start again...so here's my "about me" 2 years from the last time I wrote this: 25 year.. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Trevor


Sequel Sequel

A Poem by Trevor