Chapter Fifteen: Revenge

Chapter Fifteen: Revenge

A Chapter by Trevor

              John fired.  The shot connected squarely with William's chest, stopping him long enough for Michael to tackle the black wolf to the ground.  John dropped his gun and pulled out his axe.  He looked down at the two wolves but had nowhere to swing; Michael's form covered William too much to risk a swing from the axe. 
              Line after line of blood appeared across William's chest as the younger wolf clawed him over and over again.  Michael worked furiously at ripping William's chest to shreds, drawing more and more blood from his teacher. 
              The elder brought knees to chest and kicked the younger in the chest, sending Michael sprawling across the ground.  Thud!  Rolling from his spot on the ground, William narrowly avoided the blade of John's axe. 
              The black wolf grabbed the axe from John's hands and backhanded him, knocking the human to the ground.  William hefted the axe in both hands.  "Michael!  I created you, and I can end what I've done!" 
              Michael gaped at him in horror.  "Wh-what?  You did this to me?"  He shouted at the wolf over him.
              "Of course!  Why else would I find you after?  I thought you would join me!  How could I know you'd be a coward and try to fight me?  I saw try because this fight is about to end."  He raised the axe high above Michael.
              Crack!  William dropped to his knees; John had swung his gun into the back of his head.  The gray wolf picked up the axe from the ground and handed it to John.  "You do it," he told the man.  Michael placed his foot on William's chest, holding him down, and John lifted the axe over his head. 
              William's head rolled away.
              The remaining two turned to each other, both knowing what was next.  "I thank you for your help, Michael," John began sincerely, "but you know I'm not done.  I can never avenge my family with you alive."
              "I know, my friend.  I doubt it will make any difference, but I never meant to hurt your family.  The only time I've ever intentionally used the wolf to kill was today...with William."
              John looked at the ground.  "I suppose it's difficult for you too," he looked up again, "but I can't excuse what you did.  Not for any reason.  You killed my wife!  You ripped her to pieces!"  His eyes filled with tears, but he didn't know if they were from the anger or the despair.  "You changed my son into one of you...you...monsters!  My little boy was becoming one of you in my arms!  He wasn't even five years old!  You made my only child a monster...a soulless, heartless beast."  John took a deep breath.  "I killed my son because of what you did to him.  Jacob was the first werewolf I killed.  This William was my second.  You'll be added to the list, as will any other werewolf I find.  All of you will die!"  The last was shouted.
              "Again, John, I am sorry.  I don't even remember doing any of that.  I know you wish me dead, and I do deserve it, but I won't let you do it.  I believe I can do a lot of good using the wolf when I can control it better.  And that's exactly what I'm going to do.  Goodbye, John."  Michael turned to leave.
              "No! You can't leave!  You must pay for what you did to me and my family!"  Michael walked away.  "Michael!  Get back here!" John continued yelling at the wolf that was leaving.  "Fine, Michael!  I'll find you!  I'll let you live for now, but I won't ever stop hunting you!  You'll share the fate of every beast like you!"  Cursing, John turned and stalked toward town. 
              Michael walked away from town, away from people and the pain he had caused.  Turning his head to the sky, Michael said a prayer.  He prayed for the soul of William.  He prayed for John and the things he knew he would do to the man.  He prayed for the town that was left behind in ruins.  He prayed for everyone he had killed. 
                 It was a long prayer. 


© 2010 Trevor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay, that's better. I'm kind of glad that John got like that because it shows true emotion.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This chapter was very emotional, loved it, I kinda liked William, I feel sorry for John, but Michael is right.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow i almost finished a book :O see I'm hooked!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010


Author

Trevor
Trevor

Aberdeen, SD



About
I closed my account 2 years ago. Haven't written a word since then. Guess I just figured it was about time to start again...so here's my "about me" 2 years from the last time I wrote this: 25 year.. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Trevor


Sequel Sequel

A Poem by Trevor