Waiting it Out

Waiting it Out

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     I tried to get out of the car but when I did, I landed face first into the pavement. A tear escaped my eye. I looked over at the driver but he stayed seated through the entire thing. Slowly, I made my way over to Mason and he turned on his back. Blood oozed out from the cuts on his body. Mason groaned, stood up, and looked over toward the hotel room. Bodies covered the floor; mangled and bloody. Mason stood outside the room but he didn't speak. Everything seemed to be shocking him. I was right but he hadn't listened to me.
     He shook his head, "You were right... Was that what you were waiting to hear?! Well, I'm saying it now. You were right and these deaths were my fault!"
     I didn't say anything. I could tell that everything was just tearing him apart. He stared daggers at me before rushing into the back of the car. I gritted my teeth as I go onto to both feet. The pain in my side was killing me but there was nothing I could do. Suddenly,  Mason came out of the car and moved to the drivers seat.
     "Wha----" I didn't get to finish my sentence.
     "The driver's dead. Someone shot him." The body was pulled out of the car and Mason stepped in. I didn't know what to expect with him driving. I was actually freaked out at how much this entire thing was affecting him. My side ached but I slowly made into the back of the car. It felt empty without the group hanging around inside. The car began to move. Where were we going?
     "Mason..." I said quietly.
     "What?" His tone was sharp.
     "I'm sorry but I tried to help you."
     "I know... I was just so sure that this could be a lead and now, everyone on my unit is dead but me. That isn't going to look good." He seemed to soften a little.
     "Where are we going?"
     "Anywhere we can just relax and hope for more information."
     "Wait. We aren't going to find information ourselves? We can't just wait around for someone to contact us with some strange lead. The farther we dig into this business, the more the people that are going to be killed. We should be the ones putting our lives on the line, not them."
     "Okay, so where do you suppose we start?" He seemed to be getting angry again so I just told him that I didn't know and slumped down in the back again. So many people were putting their lives on the line but us? We were just going to sit around and wait for information... I can't believe this. About ten minutes later, the car stopped in front of a house.
     "Where are we?" I asked.
     "This is where my unit and I would settle down for a while and wait for commands. It should be safe here but I don't want you leaving this place without telling me. Actually, I don't really want you to leave at all because we have plenty of food and water and I am afraid that someone should see you. Now, come inside." He explained. I followed him inside. This was going to be a long wait...


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Or will it? Just wondering but what if the 'lead' were to come to them? Hm? Now, wouldn't that be interesting. I promise you that this story is not going to get boring. In fact, this house just might interest you. :) Mwahaha. Excited for more?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Can't wait to read your next chapter. Keep up the great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It doesn't have to be full of action to be interesting, I liked this chapter very much. I'm very excited for more and I hope to see more soon.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yeah, I'm excited. Not very chapter can be full of action and suspense. Sometimes you need to slow it down to get from point A to point B. It was a good chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.