Guests

Guests

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Mason and I woke up when we heard the door open. The doctor we had met the day before came inside and laughed.
"Well, I guess there was no use in bringing that bed in here, was there?" He studied our reactions before holding out something.
"What is that?" I asked drowsily.
"This is your new leg. Put your leg over the side and we'll see how it fits."
Everything from the day before came back to me. I had forgotten about my missing leg. My mouth dropped open as I held back my tears. Be strong, I told myself as I slowly let my leg fall over the side of the bed while the other was still on top of the bed because it couldn't hang down.
"Now, this may hurt a bit because your leg is still healing and if you walk on it, you might fall from the pain or from still getting used to it. Understand?" He looked at me sympathetically and I nodded. The fake leg was fastened onto my leg stump. it didn't hurt too bad until I decided to test it out. The doctor was right, I immediately fell down which made the pain even worse. Still, I got back up and looked over at Mason. He seemed proud and I couldn't help smiling. The doctor brought my attention back to him and I stepped forward. My leg shook but I managed to stay standing.
"Great, you should do fine. Just keep practicing with the leg and you will be up and walking in no time." The doctor said.
"When do we get to leave?" I asked.
"Fairly soon actually. You are both healing fine so... possibly tomorrow if you'd like. We'll need to make a check up in about two weeks to see how you are both doing."
"OK, thank you."
"Oh, a nurse should be coming by soon to give you both some pain killer."
"Thank you." I said as the doctor left the room. Slowly, I made small steps around the room. Mason followed me with his eyes but when I fell again, he got out of the bed and let me steady myself with his arm. We walked together around the room. We didn't talk but for some reason I was laughing with him. He took me in his arms and brushed my hair behind my ears. He was walking backwards as I stared into his eyes. Then, I tripped and we fell onto the bed laughing.
I was on top of him and his broken arm so I moved to his side. The nurse suddenly came in and we sat up as if nothing had happened. We received our medication and watched silently as the nurse left before we began laughing again. Why? I didn't know. Perhaps we were just joyful even with our injuries. I sat on the bed and fumbled with the buckles on the fake leg. Mason stopped my fingers and undid them for me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and three men barged through with guns.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
What unexpected guests? Hahaha or Mwahahaha! :) More is coming soon! She better get that leg on and run! :D Hope you liked this!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really did like this one. Can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


CLIFFHANGER!!!! Oh I loved that so much! She and Mason are cute together. I wonder where this is going.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh my god. Can they never get any time for themselves? Would the doctor really agree to let them go so soon? Anyway, right more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Omgosh,
that is so awesome, and so brilliant , and mean at the same time,
im looking forward to the rest!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2011
Last Updated on August 30, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Light Lost Light

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Changed Changed

A Story by BrynnaW.


Cloaked Man Cloaked Man

A Chapter by BrynnaW.