On Your Own

On Your Own

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     Mason was unsure about the lead. I couldn't convince him that it was true because, I guess, the event of our unit dying to a different lead was still bothering him. I knew it was real though. Something just seemed to make sense. Mason took the phone from me and stuffed it into his coat pocket.
"We aren't going. If they call and we don't pick it up, they'll know they're dead and even if we do pick it up, they will hear us." He turned his back on me.
"That has nothing to do with following this lead." I glared angrily at the back of his head.
"I'm the leader and we're not going."
"Leader of who? Me? There is only two of us left! We have to do something because the rest of our unit is dead! I will not just sit here and let you tell me what to do."
Mason looked down at his feet, "Then leave. You never wanted to join in the first place."
"You're kidding? You just want to save your own skin, is that it? Your unit died from your command and you are just going to let them die for no reason at all? Agent? More like a stupid coward." I stormed out of the house. Once I was on the street, I looked back at the house. There wasn't a face peering out of the window or the sign of murder. Everything that had just happened was enclosed in the house; the secrets were to be kept. I shoved my fists into my pockets and walked away. He could keep the car as a reminder of what he's lost.
My solemn steps made little sound as I walked along the road. A car came by and honked at me but I didn't move. It went around me and I heard the person cussing. I shrugged it off like it was nothing. Everything seemed to have changed me. The road dipped down suddenly which made me fall down on the bad side. A short cry escaped me but I gritted my teeth and steadied myself on my feet again. Keep on going... I had people to save and I would rather risk myself for others than the other way around.
I came to a bus stop but I didn't have any money so I moved on without looking back. I was out in the open which made feel vulnerable. Several times, I had paranoid glaces at my surroundings. Something was wrong but I couldn't quite place it. I could feel someone watching my every move. Their eyes burned my back but when I looked around to see who it was, they were gone. My heart pounded as I began to run down an alleyway then, suddenly, I was shoved against a wall. A cold gun was held between my eyes.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Heehehehehee! Want to know what happens next? Are you excited? Will Mason come back or is she alone on this mission? I hope you liked this! Trying to stretch out the story a bit and slow it down so that is why she hasn't made it to the lead. :) Hope you are loving this book!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hope Mason comes back! Can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ohmygod! What an ending! Things didn't last to long with Mason, huh? He was being kind of dumb. Anyway nice quick and interesting chapter. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Please let Mason come back, please please please!!!!! Let me know what happens soon, please!!! I"m really excited, I'm lovin' it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2011
Last Updated on August 13, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A View on Life A View on Life

A Poem by Thea


His Bow His Bow

A Story by BrynnaW.