Man

Man

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Even though the man had gotten away, Mason and I stole a car and began driving around. We had to find him. Mason was driving with one hand because he had refused to let me drive. Our eyes scanned the buildings, streets, and shops for any sign of the new boss. We couldn't understand why someone would want to continue a business so cruel but someone did take over the business and now, we had to stop him. Something flashed to the right and before I could even look, bullets were flying at the car. 
The new boss had several men and women ducked beneath a large bush. We ducked down and I desperately searched the car for some sort of weapon. There was nothing but a cigarette lighter, papers, sunglasses, an old work shirt, and a small thing of gasoline. A smile replaced my frown. I took the shirt and drenched it the gasoline. My nose scrunched at the smell as I threw it over at the bush. Mason looked over at me but didn't question what I was about to do. The lighter flicked on and I threw it where I had thrown the shirt.
Almost immediately, the bush burst into flames. The people scattered; some even had flames on their clothes. There was one person who had remained unharmed and we recognized it to be the new boss. Mason sped the car at the man probably thinking of running him over. He barely missed the man. Gun shots flew back at us and glass shattered onto our laps. I heard Mason scowl at the fact that we didn't have a gun. The man laughed at us.
"C'mon, not gonna give me an actual fight?" He laughed again, "I'm gonna rip you to pieces." The man took a step forward. Our car stayed still. He was five feet away from the car, "What? Don't tell me you've-----"
The man was cut short by his scream. Mason had slammed on the accelerator and we heard a thump on the hood. When we looked up, the man wasn't there.
"Stay here." Mason commanded me but once his door closed, I slipped out as well. On the ground, in front of the car, there was the next boss. His skull was partly cracked open but he still smiled.
"You can't get rid of us." He hissed.
"Why are you keeping the business going?" I heard Mason ask.
"I won't be anymore... Once you shoot that gun, there will be a new leader."
"Why did you want to keep it going?"
"Money makes man do anything. Money feeds man and gives it the power to keep going. You are man as am I. We both want the same things even if we might not go to the same extent." his eyes flickered toward me as I came up behind Mason, "And you have her. You're willing to do anything for her, aren't you? Just to have her----" 
Mason put his shoe on the man's mouth and spat at him, "You speak nothing of her." With that, Mason killed the man with a bullet to his head. I would have been sickened by the sight but after everything, it seemed normal. Mason and I met each other's eye but neither of us smiled.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
More coming soon. I'm sorry but I think the next chapter could be the ending... :( You'll just have to find out. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I promise to have more very soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! I liked this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


ow ,.. amazing...
i will await the next chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


While I am sad to see these books end, I think these chapters are losing the mystery and suspense that are so great about them. I think for the sake of the books, they need to end and not drag on. So frusterating how the buisness can't end

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2011
Last Updated on September 7, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.