A Bad Reunion

A Bad Reunion

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     I moved my hand to grab my gun but the person stopped me. I could feel his hot breath on my face as he stared into my eyes. My gun was pulled out of my pocket and the man hit me with the butt of it. I landed face first on the ground and the man hauled me back to my feet. The man smiled to show his grimy teeth. Why wouldn't he just kill me? I just wanted it to be fast. I was done with lying on the ground bleeding because of a bullet. He pulled back the safety and his trigger finger tensed. I closed my eyes tightly... A gun shot went off. My mind immediately told me that I had way too much luck. I opened my eyes with a smile on my face because at my feet was the man.
"What are you doing here?" I asked the figure at the end of the alleyway.
"I decided to come back and I figured that you'd get in some kind of mess... Obviously, my predictions were correct." Mason smiled and I gave him a hug. I very well knew that I could be dead right then had he not come. I released him but he had not released me. He knew that he might have lost another member of his unit but maybe that wasn't the only reason why he still had his arms wrapped around me. 
"Mason? You can let go now." I said even though part of me never wanted him to let go. He released me and apologized.
"Sorry... I thought about what you said about everything and I decided to come find you. Some people said that they saw you run back here and I'm glad I arrived when I did." He led me to the car.
"It's a good thing you came. Otherwise, I could be dead right now." I jumped into the passenger seat.
"So, where are we going?" He asked.
"The storage warehouse next to the coffee shop about four or five blocks away."
"That place? I have a bad feeling about this."
Mason began to drive and I noticed something that seemed a little odd. An old SUV pulled out behind us and was speeding up. I wasn't really worried until they hit our bumper several times. Mason was going to pull over but I turned around and saw that they had guns in their hands.
"Drive! They have guns! Go!" I screamed at Mason and he immediately sped up. The gap between our car increased but the men started shooting at us. Glass shattered, cut our arms, and fell onto our laps. Their car slowed down. Was there going to be a blockade in front of us? That was what happened on one of my tasks so it could happen again. 
We could see ahead, though, and there weren't any cars. I looked in the rear view mirror and my mouth dropped open. They were holding an M32 at us. My eyes widened as it was shot. This was the end... It hit the car and we flipped over.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
An M32 is similar to the Hammer and the RPG. M32 is a grenade launcher. (I was going to end this with the gun showing up but then I decided to add a little spinet of what's next. :)) I hope you like this! Uh-oh!!! What's going to happen?! I love ending it like this. :) Are you looking forward to more? I hope you are loving this book!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yeah! So happy Mason came back for her! Loved the ending! Dying to know what happens next!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes, he came back! YES! OOh I sense romance! Love Mason. Why do you leave such a cliffhanger?! AARGGH! *Yes, I'm a pirate now :P* Well done, loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

yes,
write more :)
and let me know when you have more!:D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yayy!! He came back!! Am I sensing somethin between them? :) Anyway, thats how happy I was at the beginning, but now I'm freaked out. Write more!!!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2011
Last Updated on August 14, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Light Lost Light

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Changed Changed

A Story by BrynnaW.


Cloaked Man Cloaked Man

A Chapter by BrynnaW.