The Warehouse

The Warehouse

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Mason and I were shoved toward the direction of the warehouse. I gripped his hand tightly and he must have known that I was about to do something. He looked at him with a worried expression but I gave him an encouraging smile. If I was lucky, everything would be fine... Still, there were so many things that could go wrong. At the entrance of the doorway, we stopped. Mason leaned down and kissed me. The guns were jabbed into our backs but we didn't break apart. Tears fell from my eyes and onto our connected lips. Very faintly I heard him say that he loved me and I said the same to him. He held me tightly against him and I began to wonder if I was going to do the right thing. He broke apart to whisper on my ear.

"What are you planning?" he asked me with his lips just barely brushing against my ear. My heart melted.                                                                                                                              "There's a grenade in my pocket." I whispered back and his hand fell to my waist and touched my back pocket.
"Wrong pocket and it's a smaller one so you shouldn't be able to see it." I smiled and he apologized.
"Slip it into my hand. Let me do it." He seemed concerned but I refused to hand it over. 

The 'mystery person' was beginning to get too impatient and he brought the butt of his gun down on Mason's back. He groaned and we moved inside. There was nothing that surprised me inside the warehouse; it was just an old warehouse with hundreds of people squished inside. They formed a line so that we could pass through but as we made it toward the middle, they circled around us. Now was my chance... I might die in the process but I would be saving so many lives. Mason looked uneasy as I put my hand into my pocket. 

It wasn't really a grenade but I couldn't think of any other name for it. It was an explosive and a very tiny one at that. I had taken it from the man in the alleyway and now I was actually glad that I did. The 'mystery person' stood in front of us with a smirk on his face.

"You can't get rid of us. We have several places to hide and never be found. Not all of us are here in this place because we want to make sure that if one group dies, then there will always be another after." He smiled, "You two remind me of this business because it is so hard to get rid of you. There is still time to give in and join me. We can act as if this never happened." He waited patiently for a reply.

"Sorry, but we have other plans. We may not be able to kill all of you at once but at least we can one by one." I slipped the explosive out of my pocket, the pin at the top was twisted in circles by my fingers. 

"Are you trying to scare me? I don't believe you'll pull that pin because then, you will just be committing suicide for yourself and your partner." The 'mystery person' laughed.

I looked at Mason and he gave me a slight nod. I lipped that I loved him as the pin slipped from my fingers and the grenade fell to the floor.



© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
What will happen? How do you get rid of a business that has several people involved, including the president? Can they do it? Are they going to die? Are you excited for more? I hope you are! I really hope you are enjoying this book but very slowly, it is coming to an end. :( I love this book but every story needs an ending or it leaves people angry with a cliff hanger. More coming soon! Very soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! What a place to leave us hanging! Great work as always!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Okay that was a great cliffhanger, I really want to know what's going to happen. Please don't let them die. Please please please please! Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Did Mason just want to touch her butt? Or do I have a gross mind? Wow that mystery person really is evil...and a master mind. I love evil geniuses...but I hate him. Anyway really good chapter can't wait to see what's next!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 21, 2011
Last Updated on August 24, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Combat Training Combat Training

A Chapter by BrynnaW.