This is the End

This is the End

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

Mason and I held each other's hands while staring at what was now the old boss. We knew there was nothing we could do. Even if we could fight injured, we couldn't stop the entire business. It was too big and eventually we would get ourselves killed. Mason squeezed my hand tightly as a symbol that it was time to go. I held back knowing that once we got in the car, everything would change. Mason and I would have to be on our guard for the rest of our lives and possibly on the run. 
If anyone was to blame for the growing of the business, it would be not only the people but us as well. The new life we would get would be one of hiding, suspicious glances, and fear of leaving an enclosed space. The outside world seem to dangerous but, that never bothered me before, did it? I was always okay with dying until I met Mason. He was the only reason I was still standing. Without him I would be dead for sure. His fingers ran through my hair, making me return to the present. He seemed to be reading my mind because I whispered in my ear.
"Everything is going to be fine. We were tough then and we are now. There is nothing we will be afraid of but our own reflections because of what we've done. Michelle, at least we tried." He gently pulled me into him so that I cried in his shoulder. His arms were strong as they embraced me and all fears I had were dispersed. Together, we walked back to the car and drove off.
I didn't know where we were going, just that we were leaving. Everything we had just done really was for nothing. We may have taken out some of the business but it wasn't all. Many people were still going to be murdered whether innocent or not.
It took us a week of driving before Mason finally picked our destination. Over on a grassy hill was an old cottage. It may not have been much but it would help us live out our remaining years together. We haven't been disturbed or taken away from our little home. The business would still try to find us and in case they did, we had a secret stash of guns under the bed. 
So, I guess my story ends here. There isn't much left to tell because I haven't yet finished my life. I am just going to have to wait for my life to play out with Mason by my side of course. Well... I guess this is the end.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
:( No more. :( I hope you loved this book though! Michelle/Kailey has grown so much. I started this book with The Mystery Person on July 4th, 2011 and now it ends with The Mystery Person: The Agencies on September 8th, 2011. Wow.. Not exactly a long time but considering that I never planned on making this into a book and I was only typing it chapter by chapter on the computer with no complete idea in my head, it was a long time for me. :) Well, I hope you really enjoyed this book and please share with me your thoughts on it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have enjoyed reading these books very much. This was a nice ending: not to much of a cliff hanger, but we can still envision our own ideas about the rest of their lives. It wasn't really that long though...I have been working on creating my book for more than a year, haha!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It was great! You are a fabulous author! Keep up the awesome work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have enjoyed reading these books very much. This was a nice ending: not to much of a cliff hanger, but we can still envision our own ideas about the rest of their lives. It wasn't really that long though...I have been working on creating my book for more than a year, haha!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.