The Lead

The Lead

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     Mason kicked the table down; causing all of the equipment to crash to the floor and break into several pieces. Then, he grabbed my hand and ran. The gun shots just barely missed us as we ran into the kitchen and ducked under the counter. Mason handed me a gun with a worried look.
     "I'm not going to shoot you." I whispered.
     He still didn't seem to happy but he nodded. The gun shots had stopped but we could hear their footsteps. They came slowly as if to hide the sound the sound of their boots. It didn't work. I could feel a man standing on the opposite side of the counter. The gun in my hand was like an old friend. I gave Mason a nod, flipped over the counter, and landed on the ground with my feet on the man's chest. Before he could do anything, a bullet was dislodged from my gun at his head. 
     By now, Mason had gotten up and started shooting some other men. I turned around to see a man advancing on him. Again, I pulled the trigger but a man came from behind and kicked me to the ground. I landed face first onto the tile. A gun was being pressed to my skull.
     "Say your prayers." He hissed. A gun was shot... No pain... Why wasn't I feeling any pain? I opened my eyes. I was still alive and when I looked up, I saw Mason panting heavily with his gun still aimed behind me. The man that had told me to say my prayers was dead. I got up and hugged Mason tightly. Another man came around the corner so I lifted my gun up and I felt one of Mason's arms also go up. I shot one man while he shot the other. We were a team whether or not we had a full unit.
     "Is that all of them?" I asked.
     "I don't know..." He stared into my eyes but I pushed myself away.
     "We should search them for a possible lead." I filled the awkward silence while avoiding Mason's sad eyes. Blood coated my hands as I shoved my hands into several pockets. I found nothing but cellphones which actually were a good prize. We flipped through the messages and call history; we finally had our lead. A smile spread across my lips.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Sooo? What do you think? I hope you liked it! Even though it is short!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Short but full of action! Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It was short, but it was an important event and I am excited to see more. It seems like maybe something is going on between Mason and her?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I may be short, it was intense and good-paced. I'm warming up on Mason, now they work together he sounds okay. A good chapter, well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2011
Last Updated on August 10, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tumble Tumble

A Story by BrynnaW.


Hoods Hoods

A Story by BrynnaW.