Not That Safe

Not That Safe

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

     I took some food from the fridge for Mason and I while he set up all of the equipment. I ate my sandwich and watched him hook everything up. What was it? What did it do? I had no idea. There were so many wires, cables, and plugins that if my life depended on it, I'd die. Once he hooked it all up, he smiled proudly and ate with sandwich with the headphones on. I left him and found the rooms. Every single one had a camera hidden in the corner. So much for privacy. When I came back to Mason, I saw that he was monitoring all the screens.
     "Exploring?" He laughed.
     "Why does every single room have a stupid camera in it?" I scowled.
     "So I can keep an eye on you. Not really... It is to see if any intruders break into this house."
     "No privacy... Great..." I left him again and saw that it was getting later and later. After an hour of just sitting into the kitchen, I made some dinner and enjoyed it with Mason. He was a lot nicer now that everything had kind of settled down.
     "You make a pretty decent cook for a murderer." He smirked, "Wait. What am I eating? This better not be human meat." Mason started laughing at his own joke.
     "Ha ha ha, you're so funny. Just eat it." I couldn't help a slight smile. 
     "How are you feeling? From the bullet and everything..."
     "I feel okay. Not very many people can say they got shot twice and lived. What about you? That blast was huge and you seemed really cut up."
     "It was nothing. Actually, last year, I was undercover in North Korea and I was tortured. I have scars all over my body and I had to survive an even bigger blast. My face was completely bloody so this was nothing," he smiled as if it was nothing. Scars, torture, blasts? Was he insane? I shook my head in awe. Mason put his arm around me but I cringed and he let go. He had touched my bad shoulder.
     "Sorry, I forgot." He apologized.
     "It's okay. I should get some sleep now... Don't keep looking at my screen!" I smiled and went to get some sleep.

     I woke up in the morning and found Mason sleeping in front of the equipment. How would a CIA agent act if someone were to wake him up? There was no way I was going to find out. Instead, I made some cereal and ate it on my own. Suddenly, I heard something shatter. When I looked over at Mason nothing seemed out of place. He opened his eyes and looked at me.
     "What did you break?" Mason accused me.
     "Nothing... I just heard it." I saw his expression change.
     "My monitors are down! We need to get out of here." 
     "But th----"
     Five men came running down the stairs with guns. We ran as they opened fire.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
What do you think? Excited for more???? Hope you are but more isn't coming until tomorrow or whenever I get the chance o write but not today! :) Hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved the humor in the middle! Love the way it ends! Keep on penning!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I need to know the story of those scars! It sounds so interesting! Gosh why do you leave us hanging! I'm quite liking Mason. :P Well done, great chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ohmygod!! The ending is so exciting! Write more soon! And BTW at one place you say scar where it should be scars.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Alone Alone

A Story by BrynnaW.