Explosion

Explosion

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

The grenade had hit the ground without a sound. Everything after seemed to be happening in slow motion. The people that had circled us were trying to get out but the 'mystery person' stood at the center of the room shaking his head with a smile on his face. Mason and I grabbed each other's hands and ran. There were so many people and it was hard to go around them. My heart pounded, my side seared with pain, and my mind screamed. Mason kept pulling me with him but I knew it would be impossible to get out. Still, I couldn't give up now. Mason had been my link to living and I wasn't about to give all of that up. No, not now and I couldn't let Mason die for my actions.
Suddenly, I became aware of everyone's screams. They pierced my ears as we shoved around everyone. I kept looking back at the 'mystery person' and I saw that he mouthed something. I didn't understand and before I could even think of figuring it out, Mason tugged on my arm. He put me in front of him and together we forced the people to move away from us. I could feel his heart pounding through his shirt. I stopped him for a split second to give him a kiss. 
The door was right in front of us but the grenade could go off at any second and I didn't want to die without one last kiss. He pushed me away and opened the door. I felt somewhat disappointed that he pushed me away but I knew that if we survived this I'd get tons more. We burst through the door and tried to close it behind us. The lock latched before anyone could stop us. Mason stopped at the door.
"Some could be innocent!" He said as I ran. I stopped and looked at him like he was insane.
"Mason!" I never finished my sentence before the grenade went off. I barely heard the explosion before everything went black.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Quality over quantity. NOOO!!! What is going to happen next?! :o Hehehe More coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

My heart was up in my throat as I read this! Bravo! Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I need to see more! I don't want them to die, they're cute! Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

let me know when you have more
i like the chapters you have written so far
and your stories are really unpredicatable
though you should establish the characters more in my opinion
further it is really good

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey, that's what I said in my review a couple chapters ago! Yay! Somebody gets it. Shame on her: always keep running. I hope she's okay, but maybe it is going to end with her dying? I hope not. Great job and keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 24, 2011
Last Updated on August 24, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Alone Alone

A Story by BrynnaW.