We Will

We Will

A Chapter by BrynnaW.

The doctor slowly cut through the bandages. He pulled the bandages away until my pale leg was exposed to the air. I stared at the over lapping skin that was stitched up. My hands shook as they ran over the stub. Mason had his hand on my shoulder as the doctor began to speak to me.
"Your leg seems to be doing OK and it should heal very cleanly. Of course you won't have to use a wheelchair for the rest of your life because we can make you a fake leg that you can walk on. In fact, it is being customized already. You will have small scars where the stitches are but nothing too bad. Now, can either of you tell me what happened or what you were doing over by the blast?" 
"Sorry, Doc... I can't remember much before the blast." I said and Mason agreed with me. I hadn't forgotten but there was no way we'd tell the doctor.
"I sure hope you don't have amnesia."
"We don't. I remember Mason but can't really remember the blast."
"I understand. Well, I will see if I can get your bed moved into here and I'll see you tomorrow." the doctor left us.
"Michelle, come up here. Come lay with me." Mason steadied me with his hand as I got up on one leg. I laid next to him and stared into his eyes. His eyes were sad and I knew that he could care less about his own injuries. Mason's good arm stroked my half leg.
"It doesn't look bad, you know It actually looks OK." He said sympathetically. 
"Mason, how are we going to do this? I mean, I am going to have to use a stupid fake leg and how can I run with that? How are we going to get rid of them? There are too many of them. We just can't do it."
"That's exactly what I thought but you were the one that changed my mind."
"That was before this and the president is involved remember?"
"He was involved before and it didn't bug you. Why now?"
"I don't know... Maybe because you're injured too. I was OK with myself dying for others but ,now, you are hurt and..."
"You are feeling exactly I did before with my unit. I'm not dead though."
"But---"
"We can do this. We will do this."
I stared into his stern face and sighed. I nodded a little reluctantly. A smile spread across his lips and his arm pushed me into him more.
"I love you" He whispered softly in my ear.
"I love you, too." I kissed Mason and he returned it. I stayed in his arms even as my bed was moved into the room. I didn't want to leave him and he didn't want to leave me. That night, we slept in each other's arms.


© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
Awww.... Well, this story isn't ending yet, I can tell you that but it is going to pick up soon. Who thinks that they will be able to defeat this business?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awwww! I love this chapter! Thanks for the romance!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Honestly, I don't see how it is possible. Unless they use their injuries to gain access to the president....some sob story...I don't know. Very sweet relationship between the two of them.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a nice lovely couple
for someone who hates lovey dovey stuff, your better at it then me :P
come on, spill!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awhh that's some sweet ending. Those are a lovely couple. I think they are able to defeat this business, but then again you are the writer. Write more soon, I'm anxious.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 28, 2011
Last Updated on August 28, 2011


Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Light Lost Light

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Changed Changed

A Story by BrynnaW.