Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kikai

“HEY, AIKA.” My dad says, shaking my shoulder hoping I’ll wake up. “It’s 6:30, wake up, wake your brother up, and get ready.” I mumbled a “’kaay” or something. Maybe I thought I was dreaming still and nothing mattered yet (like waking up) but I was wrong. I was awake now.

            I wait for my brother, Aaron, to get out of the bathroom. He doesn’t take very long in there, but since it’s the first day of school I’d think he’d spend a little more time preparing himself. And I’m wrong. He’s in a rush as always.

“We still have like an hour to go you know.” I say while entering the bathroom.

“Yeah but I have to make sure I’ve got EVERYTHING. This is important!”

“You’re going into 5th grade… I’m going into HIGH SCHOOL.”

“Yeah, well this is my last elementary school year. It’s important to me!”

            I must have taken a while in the bathroom, because when I got out it was already 7:10. I prepared myself, then went downstairs. By 7:30 we were all ready to go. We as in my mom, brother, and me. We dropped my brother off at school first since he’s closer to our house. He insisted on being dropped off at the far end of the school, I think it was because he didn’t want anyone seeing him giving a goodbye kiss to mom. Then it was my turn to be dropped off.

“Are you excited?” My mom asked on the way to my school.

“Yes, but a little scared.” I respond with a half smile. My mom just laughed.

“What are you looking forward to most?”

“New friends.”

“Oh I see.”

            And before I knew it, we where parked right in front of the school. I gave my mom a peck on the cheek. I wasn’t scared of anyone seeing me kiss my mom goodbye. I got out of the car and waved to her as she pulled off.

I was walking to the front, big, doors of the school which was Roosevelt High School. It’s reputation isn’t the best out there, but I believe it will improve, unlike other people who only see the bad facts on this school and take it in that that’s what this school will always be.

I see Bea and Nick walking towards the school too, looks like everythings ok. For now.

“HEEEY!!” I shout, then they turn around. Little smiles appear on their faces. I wave then run over to them.

“Jeez Aika, you still run like a little 6th grader.” Nick says with a chuckle.

“That’s because she looks like one, she acts like one, she is one.” Bea begins to walk away.

            Well that wasn’t very nice. I thought. I see that Bea still didn’t feel so great, so I left her and started looking for Issac. Maybe he can be my number three friend, I’ve known him longer and he’s one of the greatest people you’ll ever meet. And (as me and my other friends call him) he’s the whitest black guy you’ll ever meet.

“Aika!!” I know that voice.. That was Issac.

“Oh, Issac!! Hey!!”

            He ran towards me with a huge smile on his face that read ‘excitement’. After catching his breath, the two of us started walking closer to the school and started talking.

“I haven’t seen you in forever!!” I chuckle.

“More like 2 months, but yeah it does feel like forever.”

“So, are you excited?”

“Of course. Can’t wait for new friends.”

“Ah, me too!! And, that special someone.” I give him a cute little smirk, or at least he calls them cute.

“Ah, that’s right. And that special someone.”

            Somewhere back in July, he and I started talking about people we might meet in high school. He asked me if I was going to look for that special someone. I told him yes, but I don’t think I’ll find him. He told me the same thing, except the ‘him’ part was a ‘her’. He laughed and called me crazy, said everyone likes me. I guess that was kind of true. In my middle school, I had a total of 8 people tell me that they liked me, one of them was Issac, another was Nick (before he met Bea), and one of them had asked me out several times since we had met in elementary school. I had to turn them all down, and I actually liked one of the ones that confessed. But I’m not allowed to have a boyfriend yet. (sigh) But hey, that doesn’t mean I can’t dream right? And I do. I hope to find him here in high school… even though I can’t date him, that’s ok, just as long as I know he’s out there.



© 2010 Kikai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on November 29, 2010
Last Updated on November 30, 2010


Author

Kikai
Kikai

Portland, OR



About
Hi colleagues! My name is Kikai, and I'm an aspiring novelist. I just love to write. Nothing fancy, just a good read for teens and young adults (I'm still one myself, after all). Please feel free to .. more..

Writing
The Doctor and I The Doctor and I

A Story by Kikai


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kikai


Transparent Transparent

A Book by Kikai