Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Kikai

DO YOU EVER Have those little fantasies about how your first kiss will be like? Or how your first relationship will start? Or just any others that seem like distant unrealities? I did. I have. I do. My dream boyfriend: Someone like Kida Masaomi from my favorite anime, Durarara!!. He’s such a cute character and he has a blend of traits that any girl would want in a guy. Good looks, he’s funny, optimistic, creative, caring… yet can also be serious and determined. Dreamy right? Maybe to the girls reading, but for the guys (unless you’re.. y’know)  maybe not. Kida Masaomi: My dream/ideal boyfriend. But since he technically does not exist, a boy just like him would work too.

            The school bell rings, that’s a 10-minute warning to head to class, the bell after that means that if you’re not in your classroom by then, you’re late. Issac, Bea, Nick, and I stood by the main office reviewing our schedules and checking our classes. Only 3 classes with Nick, I didn’t mind that. No classes with Issac, we both felt kind of let down then. And all but 2 classes with Bea… ughhh!!

“That’s cool!! At least I get most of my classes with you, Bea!” That was a lie.. I knew it. So why did I say it? Even now I don’t know.

“Hey, does anyone know where Mason is?” Issac asks, tucking his schedule into his back pocket.

“Hey, I’m right here!!” Mason calls from not-so-far down the hall.

            We all run up to him and give him hugs. Mason Kwang is another one of my best friends, actually, he’s all of our friends. He’s definitely on my top 5, that’s how much I love him! Not like that though, just a friendship-love kind of thing. And besides, he’s bi-sexual. And there’s nothing wrong with that, we’re friends and that’s all that matters. Some times him and I fight over boys we see in magazines, or TV, or even ones we pass by on the street and it’s always funny and it makes my day a little more brighter. I wonder if Mason’s day gets brighter too when we fight over boys. Maybe.

            With 7 minutes to spare, we all dis-assembled and headed towards our new classrooms. Mason, Nick, and I had the same homeroom: English, my favorite subject. We chatted all the way there, even Nick and I. We don’t have problems like Bea and I have.

            Finally we reached the English class door. Nick opens the door and stands to the side. “After you, miss.” He says with a funny british accent. Mason and I giggle and we all walk in. Then that’s when I saw him.. Sitting there, front row, the desk closest to the window. I just stood there, in awe I guess.

            Mason gives me a nudge on the shoulder. “Hey, what are you looking at?” Then he and Nick gazed towards the direction I was looking in and notices the same boy.

“Ohhh!!” Mason chuckles “He is kinda cute. Are you falling for him, Aika?”

I feel like I’m turning red, my face feels hot, but I think I was just embarrassed. Nick and Mason started laughing.

“Go talk to him,” Nick says, with a little push. “I bet you two will find something in common!”

            That’s one thing I will always love about Nick, even though sometimes he can be kind of jerky and a showoff (especially in math and sports and videogames), he will always give you encouragement and support, and when he really wants in, the most funniest (but helpful) pep talks.

“Alright, I w-will. I’m different this year. I’m not the shy old Aika from 8th grade, and I’m going to talk to him!” I become serious.

“Yeah, that’s more like it!” Nick rejoices.

“But with 4 more minutes I’m not sure how far into a conversation you can get.” Mason reminds me. He is right, but I walked on anyways. I walked with confidence.

            I approached him slowly. Oh wait. What am I suppose to say to him? I thought. Then I noticed the empty seat next to him. Kind of overdone, but I did it anyways...

“Excuse me?” I notice that he had his earbuds on, so I just tapped his shoulder. He turns around, and that’s when I see his face… Such a cute face, with dark chocolate eyes to match. Ok, now I know I’m blushing.

“Hm?” He looks at me straight in the eyes.

“I was.. I was wondering if anyone was sitting here?” I put my hand on the desk next to him.

“I don’t know, I haven’t been paying attention. I’m sorry.”

“Oh I see..” I stare down to my toes for a brief second, but then he stood up.

“But,” He looks down on me.. He’s much taller than I had thought. “I don’t think there’s anyone sitting there.”

            I look up at him. He was smiling, and that made me smile. He sat down again, flipping his bangs because it covered his eyes. The regular skater look, but he was not a skater. I was for sure of that. The final bell rang, and so I sat down too. Nick behind me and Mason behind him. I thought maybe he wanted a good view of him too. That made me laugh in my head.

            Since the teacher still hadn’t appeared yet, I turned to the boy and tapped him on the shoulder again. 

“Uh, yeah?”

“What’s your name?” I ask with a little bit of regret inside.

“Justin.” He replied.



© 2010 Kikai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on November 29, 2010
Last Updated on November 30, 2010


Author

Kikai
Kikai

Portland, OR



About
Hi colleagues! My name is Kikai, and I'm an aspiring novelist. I just love to write. Nothing fancy, just a good read for teens and young adults (I'm still one myself, after all). Please feel free to .. more..

Writing
The Doctor and I The Doctor and I

A Story by Kikai


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kikai


Transparent Transparent

A Book by Kikai