Chapter 31

Chapter 31

A Chapter by Kikai
"

This is a special Christmas Chapter, including most of the characters, so this one is pretty long... Enjoy anyways :D

"

-Aika-

 

A FEW DAYS AFTER  the fantastic ice skating trip, I became so scare I couldn't leave the house. See, 2 days after the trip, I woke to a terrible stomach ache, it was so terrible i could hardly walk. I found out soon after it was just because I hadn't eaten the night before and I was just hungry.

   That made my stomach ache go away, but then my bruised knee from the ice skating kept bothering me, and my shoulder ached whenever I reached my arm out, and my side hurt... Well, it was more like a cramp you get after running for a long time. It wouldn't go away though, which was weird. All the other aches seemed to lessen, but the side ache wouldn't go away. I told my dad, and he told me I might appendicitis.

"APPENDICITIS?!?" My eyes grew big, my heart almost stopped, and I stood in the living room, standing in front of my dad.

"I'm only kidding, Aika. But hey, you never know." He held baby Alice in his hands and watched the television.

"But, daaaad!" I started whining. "I don't want appendicitis!"

   In case you didn't know, appendicitis is where your appendix swells up, and if it doesn't get surgically removed it can explode and send bacteria all throughout my body, giving me major health damages. It's too creepy to think about. But if my dad hadn't brought it up, I wouldn't be thinking about it. Darn dad...

"Aika, calm down okay, you're fine. But if your side is still killing you by tomorrow, I'm taking you to the doctors."

   At that point I felt so scared, I felt like crying. Imagining people operating on me, cutting me open, and I'll be knocked out the whole time! What if I never woke up?! What if they forgot to put me to sleep?! What if I woke up right in the middle of the process?! I know they have to inject me with antibiodics, and I absolutely HATE needles.

   To calm myself down, I started thinking of reasons why I WOULDN'T have appendicitis.

"Well dad, it's not severe pain," and that was the truth. "it's my side that hurts anyway, not my appendix." That was a guess... I had absolutely NO idea where my appendix was.

"Then ok." Dad just continued watching T.V. with half-alseep Alice. I could see he wasn't so serious, maybe he really was just joking with me. But still.

   So I took that as a good oppurtunity to go up to my room and research more about this infection.. if it even was an infection.

   It turned out that appendicitis was infectious, which really creeped me out! Oh God... I thought, clenching the bottom of my shirt as tightly as I could. I kept on reading more, mostly about the symptons. It said that the signs of having this starts out with severe stomach pains.

"I had severe stomach pains." I said to myself and got scared. "But wait, it was because I didn't eat anything the night before." I felt a little better. And I kept reading.

   It can also cause irritation and swelling around the belly button, which I didn't have, and can cause people to vomit regularly, which I haven't done, and then the pain will work it's way down to the appendix... located at the lower right side of my stomach.

"AH!!" I screamed, and my mom walked in the room.

"Are you ok, Aika?" She asked, surprised and worried and the same time.

"Y-Yupp, I'm good." I said.

  What scared me so much is that my side cramps came from the RIGHT side of my stomach... but it wasn't my lower stomach, because according to the diagram on the website, the lower half is below the belly button, right beside the abdomen, and mine was right next to my belly button. I felt a little more calmer now, especially after I read the part about appendicities being more common in guys instead of girls. And right when I was feeling better, I read this:

   "Although not ALL of the symptoms above may occur, and people may experience pain in different areas of their stomach since some appendixs are located in different areas."

   Oh great, that makes me feel so much better. I rolled my eyes and put my hand on my aching side. It's terrible, I was becoming so scared. I started imagining myself, sitting in front of the doctor and him saying, "I'm sorry to tell you, yes, you do have appendicitis." The thought sent shivers down my spine.

"This.. is totally freaking me out." But I kept reading, and things got worse.

  The article talked about that teens who get are around ages 11 - 20... And I'm 14. It also said it would normally occur between October and May... and it's December!!

"AGHHH!!! I'M SO FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!!" I yelled, and I don't care if I was bothering anyone downstairs, I was super scared.

   And like the weirdo I was, I kept reading. Other symptoms can include loss of apetite, constipation, dizziness while walking, and diarreah. It worried me because even tho I wasn't constipated, I did have... ugh, minor diarreah this morning, but it was because I drank so much water because I thought at the time that it would help my stomachache. And now that I think about it, I didn't eat anything AT ALL today until about 4:00!!

   To get things off my mind, I decided to go downstairs and grab something to eat. Baby Alice was now awake and playing with Aaron in the living room, mom was packing her lunch, getting ready for work, and dad was eating and watching sports.

"Dad," I started, looking for some snacks in the fridge. "I don't have appendicitis, right?" I asked, feeling like I was going to cry.

"What?" My mom said, with a half-chuckle.

"Aika, what are you talking about." My dad turned away from the T.V. screen.

"Well, I was upstairs researching and--"

Dad interrupted me with a chuckle.

"Dad, why are you laughing?! That's not funny!" I turned a little red, because I was trying to be serious here.

"I'm sorry honey, but I didn't think you'd actually go and research it." He smiled and opened up a Coca Cola.

"Ah, listen! I'm really scared!" I shivered a little. "And the site said that other family members who've had it make the chances of me having it even more!"

"Oh yeah? You know your Uncle Glen had it really bad."

"WHAT?" I narrowed my eyes; Dad really wasn't making this easy for me.

"Yeah, he had it really bad. He was hospitalized." He drank his soda like the whole conversation was nothing.

"DAD!!!" I raged.

"Aika, calm down, you're fine." Mom came over and kissed me on the cheek, then she went to work.

   That night I could hardly sleep.. I tossed and turned in bed all night and just.. didn't know what to think! I got a text from Issac and Kevin at 11:30, Issac just wanted to know when we went back to school and Kevin updated me on the lookout for Justin. Issac and I ended up talking about my possible demenor, because I didn't want Kevin to start worrying about me.. He had enough to do and I didn't want to burden him.

 

 

  2 days later, I was feeling great! I ended up finding out I did not have appendicitis at all! My side still hurt, but less that before, and it wasn't my appendix that hurt either. I came to the conclusion it was part of when I fell at the ice rink, because that's when the cramps started kicking in.. And then again, I'm also a week away from my "monthly".

  I almost started worrying again because then the idea came to me: Ohmygosh, what if I injured my appendix when I fell that day?! But I tried not to think so much about it, now that Christmas Eve was tomorrow and Christmas was almost officially here!

"Aika, help me wrap these gifts!" My mom called me from downstairs in the living room.

"Kay mom, just a second!" I yelled back. I had to update my Facebook status to let everyone know I was ok. Macy, Issac, Kody, Diane... I love those guys for making me feel even better than ever and caring for me.

   After updating everyone with an "I'm ok" and a "thanks for the cares!" I trollied down the stairs and into the living room to help my mom with gifts.

"Aika, who's this gift for?" My mom held up a half heart necklace. My bad, that was suppose to be hidden away in my room.

"Oh uh, thats.." I panicked.

"For...?" My mom raised an eyebrow. I knew I couldn't hide it, so I had to tell her.

"It's a present for, Kevin!" I managed to say.

"That's so cute, but aren't you still a little too young to be buying presents for your boyfriend?" Here she goes.. "I mean, you've only been going out for like, what, 3 weeks?" She taped down a few gifts.

"Well yeah, but I think it would be nice if I got him something," Then I whispered, "he works so hard."

"What was that?" Mom asked.

"Oh, well...Isn't it a nice gift?" I tried to change the subject.. And it worked!

   I had to explain to her that I got half of the necklace heart and Kevin gets the second half, if we put it together it makes a whole (duh)! And if we both wear it, we know that we've always got half of eachother, no matter where we are.

"That's so lame!" Aaron laughed as he walked into the living room too, carrying Alice (he had to babysit this time).

"Whatever, Aaron!" I stuck my toung out at him and kept wrapping presents.

"I think it's too much," my mom said shaking her head. "But whatever, you kids these days.."

   But I didn't care what anyone thought. I just knew it was something special, and I mean who doesn't get their boyfriend a christmas gift?! I mean, come on! Despite my little appendicitis dilema, freakout, thingy, I had the past 3 days, nothing else can defeat my spirit of Christmas, and I can't wait!

 

 

-Kevin-

 

"AHGGG, D****T!"  I shouted in the comfort of my bedroom. I scratched the back of my head. "WHY CAN'T I GET THIS STUPID THING RIGHT?!"

    Then my mom knocked on the door. "Kevin? What's wrong? What are you doing, con trai?"

   I couldn't possibly let my mom see what I was doing in here, she'd laugh in my face. And there's nothing more humiliating than a 15 year old being laughed at by his own mom.

"Oh, I'm.. fixing stuff!" I lied.

She twisted the doorknob "Oh, do you need help? I can get your dad--"

"NO!" I shouted.

"Hey, how come this door won't open? And why not?" She seemed to pout. Sheesh, moms.

"I know, why don't you go get James to fix the door?" I tried to stall.

My mom sighed. "Oh where is he then?"

I tried to think, where could he be? "Oh, he's uhhh--"

"I'm right here madam." He came out.. of my closet.

"HEY, WHAT THE HELL?!" He freightened me.

"Kevin, lessen your cussing please." Mom began to act strict.

"Oh come on, hell isn't even a cuss word!" I crossed my arms and sat slugishly on my bed.

   James went to the door and tried to unlock it. I had it kind of jammed locked..

"Seriously, what are you doing hiding in people's freakin closets?!" I asked him sternly.

"Oh, just taking inventory." He said calmly and with one little turn he clicked open the door.

"Taking inventory..? What..? And h-how did you--?!"

"I am just one hell of a butler." He smiled.

"Oh really...?" I rolled my eyes. This guy is so weird. I can't believe Justin had to live with him for like what, 7 years?

  As mom walked in the room, I braced for impact. Was she going to laugh at me? Giggle at my low talents? Ughh..

"Well well, what's going on here?" She smiled cheaply.

"I'm uhh..." Well there was no use hiding it out. "I'm building uh....." I made my voice drain out on purpose into a mumble.

"Huh, what was that?" She leaned in closer with a bright smile.

"I said, I said I was building a....." I droaned off again.

Mom sat on mybed next to me and got closer. "I can't really hear you," she kind of giggled, "What now?"

I was so irritated. I finally let it out. "I SAID I WAS BUILDING A PRESENT FOR AIKA!!!"

  Right as I said this she let out this loud laugh. I could tell she was holding it in and finally it just all came out. Even James chuckled a bit!

"Mom, why are you laughing at me?" I looked away.

"Ah, trời ơi, it's just so funny!" She pointed at the disassembled pieces of wood, tin, and clay scattered all over the floor and on my bed. "I mean, just what is it suppose to be anyway?!" She cracked up and I felt like hiding under a rock.

"It was suppose to be an angel playing a piano statue... I bought the do-it-yourself kit because I thought, y'know, girls liked handmade stuff."

She patted me on the back. "Aw, honey, you're blushing!" She slightly pinched my cheek.

"Mom, quit it." I slightly pushed her hand away.

"I'm just kidding. And you have no building skills whatsoever." She giggled again.

"Yeah I know." I sighed.

   I collected all the pieces and put it in the trash. James took the trash bin in my room and said he's dump it outside instead. After I rubbed all the clay stains off the wooden floor, I washed my hands and went back to my room, and my mom was still sitting on my bed!

"Where you waiting here this whole time?" I asked.

"Yes, honey, and I was thinking.."

Sometimes when my mom says that, I should be worried. "Oh? About what?"
"Why don't you draw Aika something?"

But this time I shouldn't be worried. "Huh, but why?" I asked, surprised.

"Well, I remember you used to draw all the time. And your guardian at the boarding school would mail us the drawings you did in art class.. Or, at least until you stopped." She had to bring me back that memory.

"I wasn't that good anyways, mom." I peered over at my desk, and saw the pencils and paper all laid out, as if 'someone' put the there (cough cough mom cough cough).

"You were great, yêu." She kissed me on the forehead. "I need to prepare dinner for when your dad comes home, get started on that present of yours." She winked and left.

  I walked over to my desk and sat down. I guess mom did have a point, and Aika draws too so... Oh great, what if she thought my drawing was crap? I narrowed my eyes at the blank sheet of paper, mocking me, just laying flat on the desk.

  What should I draw? I mean, I can't just draw me, or her... Or wait, I can draw the both of us! I grabbed a pencil and sketched out some rough lines, then in occured to me, what will the two of us be doing? What will we look like? I don't have any moments I can exactly replay in my head of us together and then put it on paper. I'm not that kind of person.

"If she was here, she'd probably hug me and tell me 'Oh, you can draw whatever you want!' or something..." I tapped the pencil on my desk. "Wait a minute! That's it!" My brain went into idea mode and I slashed lines onto the page. Once I was satisfied with my sketch, I colored it. Things where coming out so good! I was working on it for 2 hours!

"How's it going?" My mom walked in.

"I finished it mom!" I took the drawing out of my computer scanner.

"You, uh, printed it?" Mom looked puzzled.

"No no no, I scanned it onto the computer, I emailed you a link because I thought you'd check it on your phone." I smiled.

"Oh, I see.."

  She pulled out her iPhone and checked her email. "Yep, I see it." She smiled back at me,

 

Hey mom! Check this out,

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/agpgirl/kevinsdrawing.jpg

-- Kev

 

"So it's ok for me to click on it?" She asked.

"Yeah, go ahead." I sat back in my seat.

   Her eyes grew big and she let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, Kevin sweety, this is so cute! I'm sure she'll love it!" She hugged me. "I have such an artistic son." She clapped her hands.

"Yeah, well I'm not so instrumental like Justin is... With his piano."

"Ah, don't worry. I love you both equally." She gave me another kiss on my forehead then went back downstairs.

   I continued looking at the drawing on my desk. I didn't think I still had it in me, to draw free handedly like this. But hell, I'm one awesome guy. Merry Christmas Aika. I said in my head. And it was almost like I could hear her respond in her sweet, childish voice, Yep, and you too!

 

 

 

-Mason-

 

"UH, WHAT ARE YOU..?"  I gave Jorge a kind of glare as he stood outside my front door. Ok, so things seem a little bit confusing right now, so how about I start from the beginning?

  Anyway, it was the day before Christmas Eve, and my parents were going crazy. Trying to get last-minute gifts wrapped and Christmas Cards signed.. it was a whirlwind.

  I, on the other hand, did all my shopping and gift-wrapping ahead of time. On Christmas everybody is meeting up downtown for a mini Christmas Party. Not much people are going, but hey I get to see eveyrone again, because so far my Winter Break has been pretty boring.

"MASON!!!" My dad called from downstairs, since I was in my room lounging around reading fics..

"What?!" I called from my room.

"YOUR MOM AND I AND LITTLE SISTERS ARE GOING TO THE STORE!! STAY HOME AND DON'T LET ANYONE IN!!"

"Yep, got it!" I yelled back.

  I heard the door shut and the car pull away out front and I felt like going to sleep. I finished up reading a chapter of my fave fic, and once again it left me off at a cliff-hanger. Aw, man.. And so now I was dissapointed and bored.

  There was nothing good on T.V., except for Christmas Specials I had seen too many times to see again, so I decided to turn on some music and log on to Facebook. It seemed like every single status was about Christmas! Even Austin's, and his religion didn't believe in holidays!

"Dang, it must be Kringle Fever." I said to myself.

  I noticed that one of my old, but still awesome, student-teachers, Honna, had a birthday today. Just like the nice person I was, heh, I left her a comment on her profile.

 

"Happy birthday Honna!" --Posted by Mason Kwang.

 

"Now that I think about it, how old is she anyway?" I sat there thinking for a minute. But then I shook the thought off of my mind.

  I surfed more around the social network, nothing else was interesting. I ended up watching some J-Pop videos... Which was weird because I hadn't been obsessed with them for over a year! But the more I listened to it the more I wanted. I even watched a few animes... Hm, maybe Aika was rubbing off on me. Whatever.

  Speaking of Aika, I haven't heard from her about Justin, or Kevin, in a while. And I still wasn't sure if she was dating Justin or Kevin?! It got stuck on my mind almost as badly as the J-Pop did!

  I walked downstairs to get some chips, because the thinking made me hungry. Right as I was about to go upstairs, I noticed someone left my keyboard in the living room on.

  Bah, it was probably one of my sisters.. I walked on over to turn it off, but then I realized that maybe playing the piano a bit would ease my boredom, and help me think about Aika and him. I guess you could say I'm a tad jealous, but only because she's with that gorgeous, lovely, charming.. Justin Hue. But then again, if it turns out that she's with Kevin instead... Well, then she can have him. But then that also means I need to find out where my Justin is!

  SCREEHHHERGGKKK!!! I slammed my hands down on the keyboard.

"UGHH!! THIS IS NOT HELPING ME AT ALL!!!" I hung my head down.

   DIIIIING DOOOONG!! I heard the doorbell ring.

"Huh? They can't be back home already." I stood up and walked to the door to open it. "Hello--?"

"Hiya!" Said a nicely dressed Jorge, standing right in front of me, at my house.

"Uh, what are you..?" I was kind of lost for words here.

"Haha, look at Mason, wearin shorts! That's cute." He gave me this weird look, yet it kind of captured me for a second.

"Yeah well, I'm at home, of course I wear shorts.." I tried to seem cool, I mean he was a pretty cool guy himself and I didn't wanna look like a fool in front of him.

"So this is your house huh? Sweet.." And then he just basically invited himself into my house!

Confused and utterly lost, I closed the door behind us. "Well just come on in, you're not bothering anyone." I said sarcastically.

"Ha.. Oh hey, so you do have a piano at home!" He prancied over to my keyboard.

He seems surprised.

"Although I'm not really surprised, you Asians always have pianos!"

Right, nevermind. "So uh, what exactly are you doing here?" I asked. "Because I don't really remember agreeing to having you come over."

"What are you talking about? A guy friend cant come over to another guy friend's house?" He shrugged. "My my Mason," he got up and walked up to me.. Really close to me. "You know that only makes me attracted to your more."

  His voice... so smooth, capturing, manipulative.. close to Kevin's, but with a little more charm.

"I-I-I'm sorry, but what now?" I shivered a bit.

"How about we take it to the couch?" He winked.

"I'M SORRY, WHAT?!" I jumped back.

  And then.. he started laughing. Cracking up! I am so terribly confused!

"Haha, man I was only joking with you! Sheesh."

J-J-Joking? You seemed pretty serious there, bud.

He walked over to the kitchen. "You got any soda?"

   Jorge Vergara... what are you?? Acting so cooly, walking into my house, joking about something so serious?! I turned to him, his head in my fridge.

"OKAY, SO NOW YOU'RE GOING THROUGH MY FRIDGE?!?"

"I'm sorry is that a problem?" He looked at me straight in the eyes.

  Those eyes stopped me. They had a special draw in it, something that wouldn't let me take my eyes off of him.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked, a little unassured.

"Oh huh?" I looked away.

 He walked up to me and rested his hand on my shoulder. "Gosh, you're a weird one aren't cha?" He stuck his tounge out at me.

 

 

  After about 30 minutes of sitting on the couch watching T.V. I remember dad saying not to let anyone in the house, and for all I know they could be on their way home any minute!

"U-Uh, Jorge?" I tapped his shoulder.

"Hm?"

Ahhh man, why did he have to give me a glance to the side?! And a really cute glance too...! Wait, I thought he was cute? Oh boy..

"Uh, Earth to Mason?" He waved his hand in front of my face.

"Oh, uh, hey..."

"Hey." He chuckled.

"No, what I mean is not hey, I mean hey." I was searching for words. "Anyway, Jorge, thanks for the drop by but you gotta go." I finally managed to spill.

He backed off a little. "Ah, you're not suppose to have anyone over huh?"

"Yeah, man. Sorry."

"Nah its all good. I was just getting ready to leave anyways."

  He got his things together and we were soon saying goodbye to eachother on the front porch.

"Oh, wait dude, there's something I had to give to you." He said and looked in his bag.

"Oh, what?" I asked.

He quickly looked up from his bag. "This." He gave me a quick peck on the cheek.

"HUH?!" I took a step back.

"Heh, Merry Christmas, Mr. Mason!" He winked and leaped off of the porch. Before I knew it he was running halfway down the street.

   I walked into the house, locking the door. I swtiched the T.V. off, and walked to the piano. This time the piano couldn't help me at all... Now I was torn, right before Christmas... Jorge or Justin?! Double J's... Double is suppose to be lucky right? Well in this case, it's trouble for me to make a decision.

 

 

-Justin-

 

OK, SO MY LITTLE  plan of getting close to Toma was really on a roll. So far I've been able to muzzle out my exact location, which families know I'm here, and the status on my 'search party' out of him.

   I didn't think it was going to be so easy, I really thought this kid would up, well, at least somewhat of a fight, but he basically gave right in! I feel a little bad though for deceiving him like this, but I wanted information and he's the only one I could get it from.

Knock knock. "U-uh, Justin.." Toma asked from outside of my room.

"Yeah?" I said a little lazily. Oh wait, gotta turn on the charm! "You know you can always come in whenever you want, I mean you have the key." I honestly very sick inside as I said those words in such a seducting manner.

"Oh oh, u-uh yeah." He opened the door and walked in.

  After a week of this plan in action, I couldn't help but giggle every time I saw him. It's just, Toma doesn't even SEEM like the Toma he was when I first got here. He was so brave and straight-forward and spoke so gentlemanly, but now he just has the sincere look in his eyes and seemed to be so shy whenever he was around. I know he's older than me, but at his height and voice, he can be 13.

"Hey, listen.." He started and sat on my lap.

"Uhh." I said, kind of like a question.

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you not like this?" He looked away.

Oh wait wait, I forgot. "No it's quite ok." I said as warming as I could.

"Hm, ok then." He smiled. "Well we're having a Christmas Eve dinner tonight, and I, well I uh..." He looked around the room, as if in search for words.

"What?"

"Ok see... I know you're kind of the prisoner here, but I'm the boss.. when dad's not around.. and so I thought maybe, I mean if you want to, if you could downstaris and e-eat with us.." He kringed, and seemed to 'brace for impact'. "I-If you'd like, I mean." His voice quivered.

"Ahh..." I pretended to think, but I already knew my answer. "I'm absolutely love to go." And to top it off I kissed, not pecked, him on the cheek. I'm such a good actor! I wouldn definitely give myself a Gramy Award.

"Wha? I thought we agreed no more of that!" He waved his little finger in front of me.

"But why not?" I gracefully wrapped my arms around him. "No one's here."

"UAH, NO!" He pushed broke free and ran to the door. "Well I uh, I guess I'll see you later. I'll have a guard pick you up!" he recited and ran out of the room (forgetting to lock the door behind him).

God, he's a quick one. I thought. Then I heard his little footsteps running back towards the room.

"And, Justin?" He said outside the door, like a little mouse.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." He locked the door and left.

   Once again, I'm sitting here feeling utterly guilty. Ashamed, and trying to wipe the texture of Toma's cheek off of my lips. I decided that since things are going good, I'd write a letter home. I'm for sure that if I give it to Toma tonight he'll definitely mail it out.

 

Dear mom, dad, james, and Kevin,

   So I finally convinced them to let me mail out a letter, but I'm not suppose to tell my location. I'm really sorry this is probably not going to help your search for me, but the guard tells me that you guys are looking for me and I'm awaiting the day I'll get to go home and see everyone again.

  This letter probably arrived a little later than Christmas, so Merry belated Christmas I guess.

  I have a few things to tell you though. First off dad, don't worry they haven't found out how to unfreeze my inherritence so don't worry. And I also apologize for allowing myself to be taken in the first place. You must be giving Kevin hell... But, don't. It was my choice and, Kevin's a good one.

  And for him, I want you to let him know that I'm ok, and to pass that onto Aika. I'm sure the two of them are very happy together, but if she's still worrying about me then.. Yeah, give her the message.

  Anyways, I have to go now. James, please don't work yourself too hard. You did enough for me already :)

                            Love you all, and I can't wait to get home!

    Justin.

   Believe it or not, I started crying as I wrote the last few sentences. I really do miss my family, and I just want to be with them in time for Christmas. But I know it won't happen.

  But hopefully, just hopefully, maybe I can convince my 'lover' to send it on.

 

-"Toma"-

 

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M  actually admitting it... I think I'm... gay!! And not gay in the insult way, I mean... homosexual. Ugh, sounds like such a derogatory term. But I just can't get around it. I've fallen, hard, for Justin Hue. And the best part, he actually likes me back! Always hugging me, and getting so close, surprise kisses! Though most of them have been on the cheek, but whatever! I felt.. really good.

  There was only an hour before the Christmas Dinner, mom and it where coming too. They both wanted to meet the boy that would soon be making us rich. I honestly am against the idea, but if we do end up taking the money... I'm not gonna pass up over a million dollars! I need to look for my birthfather, and it will take a LOT of money to hire a private investigator, because I know Henri isn't going to let me use his.

  I took a nice 10 minute shower. I took my time drying off and I blow-dried my hair to perfection. I picked out my best clothes (most where kind of victorian style.. but hey, that's Henri for you). I ended up brushing my teeth twice, and then I flat-ironed my hair.

 After flat-ironing it, I took a good look at myself in the mirror. Not trying to be modest, but I did look quite dashing. But something seemed a little off.. I kept looking into the reflecting glass, and I noticed my hair. Blondish-brown, flat, and layered.. But it's always like that, everyday I wear it like that, but somehow just now, at this moment, it seemed to be throwing me off.

 Now that I think about it, why did I dye my hair like this in the first place?

 I had it dyed and re-dyed for so many years, 7 I think, that I almost forgot why I did it to begin with. But I remember now.. It was the 4th month my mom had been married with Henri, and at dinner he had asked me why I never did anything with my hair.

"It's so choppy and black and boring." I remember him saying.

"Well I like it this way, dad." Emphasis on the 'dad'.

"It needs something done to it, I think."  And the change begins. "I think you should dye it.

  Mom and I where totally against it, but somehow, and I don't know how, he was able to convince her it would look "quite dashing" on me and give me the "right look for a son of his."

  Soon it was bye bye black and shiny and hello to dirty blonde. I remember swearing in my head about how much I disliked it, but I knew I just had to get used to it. Around that time the waltzing lessons and Propper Speech lessons rolled in, and my life went downhill. Well it seemed like it did.

  Anyways, I took one good look at my self in the mirror and I vowed that when I get out of my step-dad's grasps, I'm going to change my name, find my dad, and get my old hair back. Heck, I'm already kind of losing my sweet-talk, but it'll have to come back for tonight with him and mom.

 

  It was 7:00pm, I waited in the dining hall for mom, Henri, and Justin. I had a guard escort both of the into the room.. But I hadn't planned on them coming at the same time.

"Oh my!" Mom gasped and took a yander at Justin. "Skinny, but tall, looks likea nice kid. Handsome too!"

I know he's handome.

"So this is the Hue Family Fortune Heir, eh?" Henri stepped in and examined him.

"Hi sir. What exactly are you doing?" Justin cocked his head to the side.

"I'm trying to see if you really are a man." He laughed.

"Oh, why sir?"

"Because," He let out a cough. "I want to see if this is really the kid who gave my men a fight when we tried to napped ya." Then he stopped circling him. "But you aren't a man at all." He laughed and sat around the table.

  I could see he was a little upset and kind of angry, since he was clenching his fist a little, but I managed to calm him down. I seated him next to me, 2 seats down from Henri, but right in front of my mom. I was afraid that mom would start chatting it up with him, but luckily the most she talked that night was when we each took turns saying prayer.

"So Toma, son, how are the other competing families handling the news that we've won the final prize." Henri poured himself a beer.

"Yes, dad, well I handled the paperwork accordingly to your assesments, and tried to take care of some inpending families trying to locate our wereabouts. Things are going fine." Man, I haven't spoken that safisticated since the last agreement I handled... 1 week ago.

"Ah, thats good to hear." He took a sip, then eyed Justin. "So what about the Silent Hill kid over there? How has he been acting?"

  I noticed Justin's cheeks turn a little red, and I answered before he could do anything reckless.

"Oh well, dad, he's been rather attentive and verry well-mannered." I threw on a fake smile. "He's fine, don't worry."

"Hm, if you insist." Dad scratched his chin.

  The rest of the dinner went on talking about tax deductions and contractions, something mom, Justin, and the guards stayed out of. At 9:00pm, they where on there way. Well, almost, except my dad just had to make another 'smart' remark about Justin's scrawniness and my mom just had to pinch him on the cheek.

  I was oh so relieved when they where gone. Finally, after cleaning up the dining hall, I personally escorted Justin back to his room.

"Hey, I'm sorry.." I said once we reached his quarters. "About my step-dad, I mean."

"No, don't worry. He kind of reminds me of my dad. Except that guy more of an a*s." He laughed which made me laugh too.

"Well I'm going to get out of here, and ready myself for the holiday tomorrow." I headed for the door.

"Wait!" Justin called out, and I stopped and turned around. "First of all, you don't have to keep talking like that."

"Oh, right, haha. Sorry, force of habbit I guess." I turned red.

"And second, could you please mail this one letter for me?" He took out a sealed envelope from under his pillow.

"Uh, a letter?" I wasn't sure.. I really couldn't send it on, no, I'm not suppose to be sending any of his letters!

"Yes, please! I promise you I didn't give any information about my whereabouts or anything!! I just need to let my mom and dad and brother know I'm ok!"

"Well, you're still a prisoner here, and I have direct orders not to let you send anything out of the facility!"

"Oh? Are you saying you don't trust me?" He stood up from his bed.

"Well, I uh... Not, fully.." Idiot! Why did I say that? He's probably going lose interest in me.

"Then will this change your mind?" He ran right up to me, grabbed my fave in his hands, and planted one right on my lips.

  The first time he had ever kissed me for real, besides that one first day, and I could really feel it. His soft lips, the gentle touch of his hands.

He let go. "There." And he smiled sweetly. "Do you trust me now?"

 

  Long story short, I ended up mailing his letter. I had to do it after hours though, when Henri's guards couldn't see me in the post office. I didn't put a return address, I just stamped it with Henri's official seal, which was a large star with a mouse sitting in the middle.

  After sneaking back to my room for the night, I changed to my sleeping wear and headed off to bed, dreaming of the ideal Christmas I could have tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

~ CHRISTMAS DAY ~

 

                    

           

-Aika-

 

IT SEEMED LIKE A  good idea to have a Christmas party today, but it turned out that it wasn't. Everybody was pretty much busy that day. Nick had a Brunch to go to, Macy's parents wouldn't let her go, same for Mason, Issac had a Breakfast to go to, Kevin had to stay home... You get the point. The only good thing that came out of it was that I didn't have to travel anywhere.

   Well, at least I was able to stay home with my family today. We had a fun time opening presents, especially Alice, she had a fun time [trying] to rip open her gifts. That night during dinner, we ate a lot. It was like Thanksgiving all over again!

   I called up Nick and Issac to ask about their Xmas festivities. Seems like everyone pretty much got the same things: Money, clothes, small toys.. Yeah. I guess I'll just have to give Kevin's present to him after the break, when we get back to school. Oh well, I just wonder what he got me.

 

-Bea-

 

TO MAKE A LONG  story short: Christmas was okay. There, it didn't suck, it wasn't crappy, yet at the same time it wasn't the perfect, best Christmas ever.

   The little runts and I opened our gifts. They got some toys I'm pretty sure they'll lose within a week and some new clothes. I got a few things (money). We ate dinner, had a few suttle arguments over toys and work, and then we went to sleep. Well, my parents and the kids went to sleep, I stayed up on the computer talking to whatever friends I had left.

   God, I'm such a freaking idiot. I agree that some things I did in the past landed me where I am now, but hey, that's life. Just wish my life didn't suck like this.

   I IM'd Diane and Aika on Facebook. Diane went offline immediately and I didn't get a response from Aika until half an hour later. Figures, they hate me, but I gotta start somewhere. So I'm using the 'friendly' approach.

 

-Nick-

 

I HAD A PRETTY  good Christmas. I spent some time with the family, we went out for Christmas Brunch at this old restaurant in the town. I wasn't that satisfied with my gifts (figuring I only had 4 and they where clothes and money), but I was able to deal with it.

   My older sister came back from college to stay with us too and my Uncle that loves to spoil me came for a visit so pretty much the family was all together.

   I got a call from Aika and when chatted about our Holiday goodies and baddies, the usualy thing you'd talk about with friends. We started talking about how we couldn't wait to get back to school. Not like we missed it, but we missed seeing all our friends.

   See, that's the thing with these breaks, at first you're so happy to be out of school and then you get bored without any homework to do or friends to talk to. Speaking of homework, I have an essay for my college prer class I haven't done yet.. Best get started now.

 

-Justin-

 

TODAY WAS PROBABLY  the most... How should I put this... 'physical' day I ever had. I knew my acting was good but I never thought I'd end up going this far. Honestly, by the end of the day I really wanted to take a shower.

  Toma and I spent practically the whole day in my room, cuddling on the bed and reading magazines. Kissed a few times, which I hardly enjoyed, but if it kept Toma on the good side then it was A-OK. 

  It was weird, everytime I got bored reading a magazine Toma picked out, he'd give me these little pout eyes that just looked too adorable to pass. Like when a little kid begs his mom or dad to buy him some ice cream after they said no for the 25th time. 

 Finally when we went through the whole stack of magazines (19 of them to be exact), we went to the floor to play some cards. This kid was great at speed. I used to play with my mom when I was little, she taught me how to play it, and I always thought she was the master, but I got a whole new look today.

  I was so frustrated at losing I through an ace at Toma, which he found kinda cute and jumped on me! I've raised a monster... And no,that was not a Lady Gaga reference.

  When he finally left to go to his office and open his presents, I sat in bed and thought about the letter I wrote home. Maybe, just maybe, they got it and hopefully right back. That would make this Christmas feel more warm to me.



© 2010 Kikai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on December 23, 2010
Last Updated on December 29, 2010


Author

Kikai
Kikai

Portland, OR



About
Hi colleagues! My name is Kikai, and I'm an aspiring novelist. I just love to write. Nothing fancy, just a good read for teens and young adults (I'm still one myself, after all). Please feel free to .. more..

Writing
The Doctor and I The Doctor and I

A Story by Kikai


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kikai


Transparent Transparent

A Book by Kikai