Character Profiles

Character Profiles

A Chapter by Kikai

Hello all! This is Kikai, the author. I thought it would be nice to take a little break and just help catch you up on the story so far (in case some of you were confused). So here are some character profiles to help give you and idea of what’s going on. I apologize if not EVERY character is on here, but try and use your imagination for some of them, you might see that using your mind can come easy J

 

AIKA PASION::

Main female character.

Age: 14

Height: 5”3

Race: Asian

Grade: 9

Aika is a usually cheerful person. She always thinks optimistic, even when it’s hard, she keeps trying. She’s a true romantic, which means she’s always looking for her perfect match and wants him to be PERFECT. She dreams up little fantasies and visions of what her perfect guy is, and she usually imagines Kida Masaomi, the main character of her favorite TV show. It’s all hard though because she’s not allowed to date yet. Aika is not on speaking terms with her ex-best friend, Bea Soles, and her other friends are being very supportive of Aika, telling her not to worry about Bea because she’s not worth all the drama. Aika is also caught in some sort of, messed up love triangle, between the handsome and popular-with-the-ladies Hue Twins, Justin and Kevin, but she’s more towards Justin. At the moment Aika and her friend Mason are the only ones who knows Justin has a twin, and Aika still doesn’t know why. The two are easily separated by their eyes, Justin having brown eyes and Kevin having blue.

 

JUSTIN HUE::

Secondary main male character.

Age: 15

Height: 5”6

Race: Asian

Grade: 9

Justin Hue is usually a calm and reserved character. Even though he hasn’t talked as much in the story (so far), he does have a lot on his mind. It’s true that he has feelings for Aika Pasion, but he won’t admit it. It’s also true that he is a kind of lady’s man. Even though his heart is for Aika, he doesn’t mind getting hit on by other girls. He’s the princely character of this story and he’ll do anything to protect his ‘princess’ from danger. His father is very hard on him and it stresses him out sometimes, unlike his over-protective mother. Soon Justin’s twin, Kevin, begins to take his place in school after an incident (which I will introduce later) causes him to refrain from attending school. Further into the story you will find that Justin and his brother aren’t exactly on speaking terms.

 

KEVIN HUE::

Secondary main male character.

Age: 15

Height: 5”6

Race: Asian

Grade: 9

Even though these two brothers look identical, they are very different. You can certainly tell by the color of their eyes that they are not the same, but the main difference is their personality. Since Kevin is a new character (even though he is a main) there isn’t much I can say without spoiling the story, so for now I’ll just list his personality traits. Unlike his brother, Kevin is kind of jerky. He doesn’t look at other people’s feelings, let alone care, but there is one person that he seems to have caught the attention of: Aika Pasion. Does he like her? I can’t say… Does she like him? I can’t say either… But there will be a whole chapter on Kevin’s background, so you’ll just have to keep reading. He took his brother’s place in school as a task his father wanted him to do; The two brothers aren’t very fond of each other.

 

KIDA MASAOMI::

Visual character; Not main"

Kida Masaomi is the main male character is Aika’s favorite anime show, Durarara. He’s her dream boyfriend. Whenever she imagines her perfect match, Kida always comes to her mind, so whenever she looks for him she tries to find guys that resemble his traits: Good looks, funny, optimistic, creative, and caring… yet can also be serious and determined. He may be mentioned a few more times in the story, along with other characters from the show but is not that important that they need to have a spot in this PROFILES list.

 

BEA SOLES::

Age: 14

Height: 5"4

Race: Asian

Grade: 9

Aika’s ex-best friend. The two girls met in 7th grade and had been best of friends until last summer. She has problems with her boyfriend and family and so she drags Aika into all her problems. Bea is one of those people who likes to be told what they want to hear, and she has an easily-triggered temper. She does get jealous of Aika sometimes, I guess you can say that she depends on her to make her move forward, but she’s not a very good friend. You’ll notice that her bossy attitude and rude characteristics are causing her to lose friends.

 

NICK LEONARD::

Age: 15

Height: 5"5

Race: Asian/American

Grade: 9

Bea’s boyfriend and Aika’s best guy friend… at first. Nick is a pretty laid back guy. He plays video games, basketball, he even skates. But school is also very important to him, almost as important as his girlfriend, which isn’t going so well. He, too, notices the rude behavior in Bea and that she was not the polite girl Aika had introduced him to in 7th grade. Nick did not want to be dragged down with Bea into the “hate column” of the group, so he decides that he wants to break up with her. He has also done a lot of bad things to his friends in the past because of Bea, which made Aika drop him from his “best guy-friend status”. In 8th grade Aika gave him the nickname Keiichi and he gave her the nickname Rena, which lately hasn’t been used due to Bea’s jealousy.

 

MASON KWANG::

Age: 15

Height: 5"7

Race: Asian

Grade: 9

After Nick was dropped from Aika’s “best guy-friend status”, Mason stole his place. Mason is bi-sexual, but that doesn’t change the fact that he and Aika are best friends. They love talking about boys and fighting over them, it’s hilarious. He is a straight-A student and he plans on studying college abroad in Thailand. He’s very technical, if you even have a problem with your camera or computer or TV, he’ll be there. Mason is very into k(orean)-pop music and always talks about it with Aika, and it seems to get her annoyed sometimes, but she still loves to hear all his stories and new music that each k-pop group publishes. If it wasn’t for Mason though, Aika wouldn’t have found an interest in k-pop. Even though he knows about both of the Hue twins, ee seems to have taken an interest to Justin more than Kevin and does get a little jealous when he and Aika get together.

 

ISSAC AVINGTON::

Age: 14

Height: 5"4

Race: African-American

Grade: 9

Issac is another close guy-friend to Aika. He and her have known each other since 5th grade and he has had his little crushes on her. Issac has asked her out 5 times since they first met, all of them resulting in rejections, but it doesn’t hurt him because he knows that their friendship won’t change. He is very supportive of her though, he always gives her good advice and can easily cheer her up when she gets down. You can say that he’s the comedian in this group. His character is so friendly and caring, everyone else calls him the ‘whitest black guy ever’.

 

KAITLIN LEE::

Age: 12

Height: 5"1

Race: Asian

Grade: 7

Kaitlin is a close, close, close friend of Aika. She actually stole Bea’s spot of being number one. Kaitlin is not said much in the story because she is a 7th grader and does not attend the same school as her, but they did attend the same middle school together, which is where they met. Kaitlin is a big anime fan just like Aika so they have the same fan obsessions and interests. Even though they’re not, they wish they were sisters. Usually Kaitlin is brought up whenever Aika is on the phone with someone, and she disscusses everything with her. Kaitlin also knows about Justin having a twin, but is a little confused by it and she casts it as un-important.

 

JENIFFER CHI::

Age: 14

Height: 5"4

Race: Asian

Grade: 9

Even though she’s only mentioned ONCE in the story (so far), I thought I had to put her in. Jennifer (in real life) is Aika’s (my) best friend. BESTEST BEST friend. They attended the same elementary school from kindergarten through 4th grade, but then Aika (me) couldn’t afford to attend the school anymore (because it was a private school) and she ending up moving to public school. Even though they haven’t seen each other is SO long, they still meet up once in a while and talk. Jenny even invited Aika to their middle school graduation.

 

SOON-TO-SEE CHARACTERS"

 

MACY YOUNG::

Macy Young is a new student in Aika’s homeroom class. She is shy and so Mason and Aika decide to become her first new friends.

DIANE TURNER::

Diane is another one of Aika’s friends, but was sick for the first few weeks of school. Aika has to help catch her up on things she had missed. Diane is also a part of the whole “I hate Bea” group.

JON “NEE” NGUYEN::

Jon (or Nee) is later introduced as the Hue Twin’s cousin. His character is rather childish, even though he’s an 8th grader. He’s also very short. His growth (that means both height and voice) has been stunned. His cutesy “little-boy” characteristics, though, is what makes him popular with the ladies.

AUSTIN MAGALONA::

Austin is one of Aika’s long-term friends. He wasn’t said much in the beginning of the story because he wasn’t really needed then, but then I had to bring him in as Diane's boyfriend later on.

JUNE APPLEGATE::

President of the "I love Justin Hue" Fanclub. There are 5 other members of the club, Lauren Hill, Sienna Grey, Amanda Valdez, Jordan Himptin, and Joy Po.

JORGE VERGARA::

Later introduced as part of the "in" crowd. He seems very popular but doesn't feel that way. Bea feels attracted to Jorge, but it turns out that he's actually gay...

TOMA SAOWALUK::

He's almost 16 but rather short (like Aika's height) and speaks very politely because that's how his step-father taught him to talk like. As a child he had little friends.

 

**NOTE TO READERS: From this point on, the story-telling format will change a bit. The story will start to alternate from different people's point of views. They will show the names of the people talking so you know who's talking, but for the ones with no names marked on it, that means Aika is talking.



© 2010 Kikai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on November 29, 2010
Last Updated on December 1, 2010


Author

Kikai
Kikai

Portland, OR



About
Hi colleagues! My name is Kikai, and I'm an aspiring novelist. I just love to write. Nothing fancy, just a good read for teens and young adults (I'm still one myself, after all). Please feel free to .. more..

Writing
The Doctor and I The Doctor and I

A Story by Kikai


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kikai


Transparent Transparent

A Book by Kikai