Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Kikai

AS THE DAY WENT ON I realized how much time Justin and I spend together. We only have 6 classes together, but I still get to see him and that makes me happy. Besides the whole argument with Bea and making Mason jealous thing, the rest of the day turned out to be great. Although believe it or not, that little talk after the fight was the most Justin had said to me ALL day. And I guess it wont be easy because a lot of girls are taking an interest in him now, and he seems to be kind of a player. But I don’t need to worry, because whenever he compliments a girl, I notice that he always looks at me when he says it.

            Oh my, it’s a typical anime love story!! At least it feels that way, but that’s just how I imagined it. If this story was an anime it would obiviousily be a love-comedy series. Justin and I are the main characters and so we are love interests! Well, maybe not love, I don’t believe the first person you have a relationship with is love. It’s merely infatuation.

“Hey Aika, are you taking the bus??” Issac yells from across the school yard.

“Uhh, not today! I’m walking home!” I yell back.

He catches up with me, then the two of us start walking.

Nick and Bea where long gone, and who knows where they go? They don’t go straight home, that’s for sure. Bea’s mom texts me all the time asking where she is, her mom trusts me.

“Hey, Mason is up ahead, let’s catch up to him.” I tell Issac, he agrees and so we run for him.

The 3 of us walk the same route home, unless I’m taking the bus, and it’s always been that way, even when we where in middle school. We always have something to talk about even if it’s the weirdest topics. One time we talked about physicals, another time we talked about England, and another time Issac and I had an argument about whether it should be ‘lunch box’ or ‘boxed lunch’! But we always talk, and that’s fun to do.

“Does Justin walk down this way?” Mason asks.

“I don’t know. If he does, we either missed him or he’s still waaay back there.” The three of us turn around. Mason shakes his head, then we continue walking.

            Soon we make it to the intersection where we split up and I continue walking home by myself. Im just 5 blocks away when I notice… Justin!! Sitting at the corner where I turn to walk home. But what was he doing there? He was just sitting, on the ground, next to the stop sign. Maybe he was lost? So I ran over to him.

“U-uhm, Justin??” I get on my knees then duck my head to see his face…. He was sleeping! “Oh come on, really??” I shake his shoulders to wake him up.

“Hmm?” He says with drousiness in his voice. “Oh Aika.. What are you doing?? What time is it??” He jolts right up.

“It’s 4:02. And I was just on my way home.”

 

 

            I found out that he was lost. He told me that he took the wrong turn on his way home and ended up going towards Charleston Place (my neighborhood) instead of going towards the Villa (his neighborhood).

“The Villa?! Justin, you are waaaay off!!”

“Oh, you know where that is?”

“Yeah, my friend Kaitlin lives there. What where you doing, sleeping here?”

“Well when I realized that I was completely lost, I called my dad to come pick me up. I told him that I was at the corner of Charleston St. and Upland Dr.. I think maybe he’s lost too because, according to you, it’s almost been an hour since I called him.”

Poor Justin.. He was stuck here for an hour and no direction home, and now his dad was lost too. I wanted to offer him to come to my house, but that would just be.. to awkward. But I didn’t have to, because right then his dad came driving down the block.

“Oh that’s him!” The car pulled to the sidewalk, Justin opened the door.

“You, get in!” His dad said fearfully. He sounded scary. Then he notices me.

“Who’s that?” His dad asks, but this time his voice was a little bit more softer.

“My new friend. My first friend.”

“Oh I see.. Well tell her goodbye.” This time his dad’s voice was totally different!! He sounded like a regular nice man.

“See you tomorrow, Aika.”

“See you Justin.”

            Then he shuts the door and the car pulls back to the street. And I wasn’t peeping or anything, but I just took a quick look at their car as they drove off, and it seemed like Justin’s dad was yelling at him.

            Your parents are just like mine Justin. Strict. But that’s how all asian parents are.

            That was just a stereotype.



© 2010 Kikai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on November 29, 2010
Last Updated on November 30, 2010


Author

Kikai
Kikai

Portland, OR



About
Hi colleagues! My name is Kikai, and I'm an aspiring novelist. I just love to write. Nothing fancy, just a good read for teens and young adults (I'm still one myself, after all). Please feel free to .. more..

Writing
The Doctor and I The Doctor and I

A Story by Kikai


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kikai


Transparent Transparent

A Book by Kikai