Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Chapter 37

Chapter 37

A Chapter by Kikai

-Justin-

 

TIED UP AGAIN, I thought as I sat on the cold steel chair in the center of this... interigation room? With my hands tied around my back and my ankles to the chair... I don't think I'm getting out of this one.

     I survey my surroundings: Small room, big dark window (I think it's a one-way window, but I'm not for sure), a tiny air vent, and one big steel door guarded by one big steal man. I mean seriously, how much does that guy bench?

     I close my eyes and try to think the worse-case scenario, that way when (if) it happens, I wont be that surprised. The scene that plays in my head is me getting shot, that probably IS the worst thing that could possibly happen.. But I can't die, not yet.

     BAM!!! The big guy previously guarding the door steps out of the way while it swings open.

     I flinch.

     Then with a big thrust, a tied-up Toma is thrown (literally) into the room and hits the floor with a THUD.

"Toma.." I say under my breath.

     He looks at me, with anger in his eyes. Anger or hatred, something like that. I look into his shadow eyes and I can see the storm forming. Dark, gray clouds, beholding lightning, and he's ready to strike any minute.

He takes a deep sigh. "Justin--" But then he's cut off.

"SHUT UP!!!" A loud voice echoes into the room. Then a man enters, and it just so happens to be Mr. Henri Saowaluk.

     "Isn't that your father?" I ask.

     Toma rolls his eyes, "Yes.."

     Mr. Saowaluk came up to Toma's side and kicked him right in the stomach.

     "Gah!!" Toma spewed out blood.

     "Stop it!" I tried to stand up. I was royally pissed off; what kind of father does that to their own son?

     "Oh, shut the hell up, boy!" Henri shot glares at me. 

     He picked up Toma by the collar and shoved him across the room. Then he walked over to me, and slapped me across the face.

     "Do you think you're smart?" He asked in a hasty voice, stained with cigar.

     "I've held top Honor Roll in my class since I was 8... What do you think sir?"

     His eyes grew big. "Smart a*s!" He slapped me again. I've been slapped so many times before in my life, it doesn't even hurt now.

      Mr. Saowaluk continued, "I've had your room bugged, under surveillance for the last 2 months. I got very suspicious one night when I heard that Toma went to visit your room  for a 'check up', and didn't return for a good 2 hours." He turned his head towards Toma, and laughed. "Ha! I knew my son might have had the taste for both pieces of candy, but a hardcore gay! A homosexual! It makes me laugh, and you...." He walked over to me, moved some pieces of hair out of my face, "The heir to the Hue fortune... gay? And fallen for my young boy? It's like some messed up Romeo and Juliet! Or no, Romeo and Romeo! Haha!"

     Damn, this guy is totally pissing me off! How can he talk about his son like that?? And I'm not even gay! What the hell! I clenched my fist. I couldn't believe this was happening.

    "Anyways," he continued. "Did you know I just got done talking to your brother, Mr. Hue?"

    My brother? Kevin? No way... "Oh, really."

    "Yes really, and I gave him the address of our facility. He and your family's private police force will be here tomorrow morning." He walked around the room.

    This can't be, though. It's just too easy. "You've got something up your sleeve.."

   "Nothing, my boy, they really are coming tomorrow. Hopefully you can see them and know that I'm telling the truth.."

    "Hopefully??" I'm tired of these responses that just keep leading to more questions!

    He turned over to me. "Well look, both you and my son have broken the greatest rule of contact. I can deal with Tomaru's punishment later, but I've already got your end decided." He pulled a gun from his jacket.

    My eyes grew huge as he pointed the metal deathtrap at my face.

    "You like?" He snarled. "Silver bullets."

    No way... This can't seriously be happening!

    He twirled the gun around his finger, then put it back in his jacket. "I'll spare you for now. But your end is coming, young Hue." He turned around and picked up Toma. He began to walk out of the room.

    "W-wait!" Toma called out.

    "Damn boy, when will you ever shut up?" Henri rolled his eyes.

    "I just, I gotta know..." Toma tried to lift up his head. "J-Justin.." And I think I know what he wants to say, "Did you really love me?"

    I figured that, If Mr. Saowaluk was right about my life coming to an end soon, then I might as well get rid of my sins. I want to die without any regrets. "No Toma," I said and looked away. "I didn't."

   I heard him gasp.   

   "I only pretended to like you, to love you, so that I could get close enough to deceive you." I felt so ashamed. "I'm sorry for any pain I'm causing you now."

   I looked back at him, only to see him crying. Henri laughed, and then walked out the door. And that was the last I saw of Toma.. For that time at least. The big guard untied me and brought me to my room, and that's where I stayed for the next 3 hours.


*  *  *


     A knock on the door woke me up from my sleep. I could have sworn I was dead already, oh well... I decided to just lay there. Not knowing when death would come, I thought it was pointless to do anything right now. Until the knocking on the door got louder and harder, it annoyed me.

    "Who is it?" I yelled.

    "Toma.." Replied a reserved voice.

    I had a small shock of... I don't know what. But it was the weird feeling of relief... and grief. 

    After a few moments I got up and opened the door, and there he stood, head hung low, arms dangling at the side. I felt really bad for what I did earlier.

   "I need to talk to you," he said in low and quiet voice. "Come with me for a bit?" He looked up, his gray eyes sparkled.

    "I'm afraid your dad is going to kill us. Kill me. So I'm sorry," I turned to go back to my bed, but he grabbed the bottom of my shirt.

    "Please!" He pleaded. "My father.. won't kill you. And he knows I want to talk to you." 

    I bit my lower lip. Do I really want to get involved with him again? I gave it a good 2-minute thought, and I decided that, "Okay."

    We started walking to the bottom floor of the abandoned warehouse, were there where usually guards around patrolling the place, but not tonight. It actually felt deserted, cold, and little creepy. He lead my to the front door, and opened it. We stepped outside.

    "Are you, letting me go?" I was shocked. I looked up at the sky. It was dark, and I could see stars. I haven't seen the sky in forever, and this picture that I could see right now is probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. For now.

   "In a sense, yes, I'm letting you go." He sighed, and I could see his breath in the air. It must have been really cold, but after living in isolation for so long, this cold night was the warmest I've ever felt.

   I walked towards him. "Toma, thank you so--"

   "But wait." He cut me off. "Go stand over there." He pointed next to the door.

   "Uh, okay. Why?"

   "Just, please." He looked away.

   "Okay, I guess." I did as he said.

    I walked over to the designated spot, and faced him. It was quiet for a little, and I felt like I could live in this spot forever. Quiet, looking at the stars. Except, without Toma. I wasn't dying tonight. 

    "Uh, Justin," Toma started, and put his hand in his pocket.

    "Yeah?" I smiled, then looked at him.

    "Remember when I said, my father wasn't going to kill you?"
    "Oh, yeah." My smile became relaxed.

    "Well he's not," 

    "Haha, I know that--"

    "Because I will." He said and pulled out a gun from his pocket.

     My smile quickly faded. My eyes grew huge, and I was out of air. He slowly raised the gun and pointed it at me. My lip quivered in the cold air, that I could now feel. I noticed Toma's hand's shaking. Was he really going to pull the trigger?

    I let out a dry sigh. "T-Toma.."

    "So how does it feel?!" His eyes, they changed again. It was something a little crazy. "How does it feel, love, to stare death straight in the eyes??"

    "Come on Toma, don't do this." I tried to take a step back, to see if I can run for it.. But there was no way out! The outside area we were at was fenced in; no way to the main road. The only way out was to climb the fence, and he would have shot me by then.

    "Why can't I?? Do you know how much pain you've caused me? My heart?!"

    "I know, I know!"

    "NO! YOU DON'T!!!" He waved the gun around. Hey, maybe if he pulled the trigger he'll miss.

    "Please, listen Toma, you have to know that my intention weren't towards you. I was just trying to protect my family!"
    "And I was trying to protect you!! My dad had thought of killing you off months ago! And I always backed you up! Because I thought we had something together! But that was just all a lie! A fake!" He began to tear up.

    When I thought of this plan 6 months ago.... I never thought of how it might fail. I was stupid for not thinking that. I could have prevented this. I really am stupid.

    "So now," he gained control of his gun, and pointed directly at me. "I just want my sweet revenge." He got a sinister smile on his face.

    "Wait, Toma! Stop! Things don't have to be this way!!" I felt myself crying too. I didn't want my life to end. Not like this. Not when I had so much to look forward to.

    "Goodbye, Justin!"

    "NO!" I pleaded!

    "GOODBYE!!!" He laughed, and pulled the trigger.

    At that moment, I saw the bullet fly out, and everything began to slow down. I know the bullet must be coming at me at the speed of sound.. but it just looked like it was floating across space. Slowly... All noises that I previously heard of cars on the freeway beside us, the flickering street lights, the sound of the pulled trigger.. It all disappeared. 

   I... Don't believe it. I see the bullet coming at me, but... I don't think it is! It cant end now! I don't wanna die! 

   They say that when you die, your life flashes before your eyes... Not me. Nothing's flashing. Time just slowed down, to a near-halt. I feel like i've been standing here for almost 5 minutes. 

   Mom...

   Dad...

   My friends...

   My brother...

   My.. love..

   Aika!

   BANG!!! The bullet pierces through my chest, and out my back. The pain is sharpening, and I feel like I've been stabbed a thousand times in the same place with a needle. 

   I hear the bullet hit the wall behind me and drop to the floor. I stand there for a couple seconds, before my legs start to wobble. I can feel blood dripping down from my chest, soaking my shirt.. I can feel the blood building up inside my throat, like you see in the movies.. My eyes are wide, and I can't blink. Things are a little blurry, but I can still see Toma's face... A wicked smile.

   "AGH!!!" I cough up the blood, and now I'm going down. With a little sway, I hit the concrete, and here I am... laying in a puddle of my own blood, and I could feel my body getting cold.

   "Justin Hue..." I faintly hear Toma's voice, but I see him walk next to me. "Goodnight." And with that, he walked back inside the warehouse and shut the door behind him. 

   I'm.... alone. And its cold. 

   Where's the flashbacks? I start to cry more.. cry whatever tears are left in me. I don't see anything. My life... Where's all the good memories? My sweet childhood?! My family? Aika? .......Aika....

   My heart aches and I feel like I'm slowly freezing. I can faintly see Aika's sweet face in my mind, smiling, laughing, giggling, in that cute way she does that makes me so happy. I don't want to leave her. Or this world.

   "I l-love you... Love you.. A-Aika..." I take a breath, "AIKA!!!"

   I continue to utter her name... And stare at the beautiful starry sky, and the brightly lit moon, and imagine Aika's beauty. The world's beauty. And when I feel myself going numb, and my vision begins to blur, I put a smile on my face... Because I want to die happy... I want to die.. Thinking of you.


Fade to black....



© 2011 Kikai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on April 10, 2011
Last Updated on May 15, 2011


Author

Kikai
Kikai

Portland, OR



About
Hi colleagues! My name is Kikai, and I'm an aspiring novelist. I just love to write. Nothing fancy, just a good read for teens and young adults (I'm still one myself, after all). Please feel free to .. more..

Writing
The Doctor and I The Doctor and I

A Story by Kikai


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kikai


Transparent Transparent

A Book by Kikai