Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Kikai

THE NEXT DAY Justin was at school again. Or was he? This time his eyes were blue, but they weren’t blue yesterday. I watched him throughout the first 2 periods, he was quiet and focused. He kept on the same facial expression and rudely rejected a girl at lunch. Not like I was eaves dropping or something, but I just happened to be near-by when it happened. If I where to write down their conversation, it would look like this:

 

Girl: Hey! -tugs onto Justin’s sleeve- Listen… I, well, you and I have homeroom together. And I’ve been watching you, and.. I uh, I really like you!

Justin: -sighs-

Girl: Would you go out with me?

Justin: -rolls eyes, then pulls his sleeve away from girl- No. You’re of no interest to me. Goodbye.

 

            Now, I’m no love guru, but COME ON! That was rude right? Today was definitely the ‘twin’ Justin.

            I kept following him the whole day, I didn’t care if I seemed stalker-ish. I had to get to the bottom of things. Why does Justin have a twin? Does he, even? Why was he needed and what was he doing here?

 

 

“I see you following me.” He said as we walked from the school on our way home.

“How could you? You can’t even see me!”

“I recognize those light footsteps anywhere.”

     I felt like he was mocking me! Because of my short size! “Ughh, why you--!” I ran up to punch him, but he turned around so fast, I didn’t even notice, and he grabbed my tiny fist. Instead, I jabbed my face into his chest. Man, that hurt!

“Ow..” I said, pulling my head away from him. Then I looked up at him, and saw his deep, sea-blue eyes pulling me in closer. At the moment I didn’t know, but later on I found out that Mason, Nick, and Issac saw the whole thing while they were walking home.

     “You should, stand back.” Justin said under his breath, carefully pushing me away. “I wouldn’t want someone to see us like this and get the wrong idea.” He closed his eyes, turned around and walked away.

      I had no idea how to respond to that, but then my hours of stalking came to a vital success when he turned around and said, “By the way, my name’s Kevin.” He flashed a smile, turned around, and continued walking.

            I HAD MY PROOF!!! Yes, I was right! He was a twin! And, I think I fell for him. Which is weird considering how much I hated him at first. But he looks just like Justin, so why wouldn’t I fall for him?

Oh my God… I’VE FALLEN FOR TWINS!!! I remember screaming and running home. This was turning into a real-life anime! Something I had dreamed of ever since I found out about anime, but never actually thought I’d be living it.

            When I got home I automatically called Kaitlin and Mason. I told them everything, and since Kaitlin was a big anime fan like me, she completely understood!

“WOW AIKA!! I would love to be in your shoes right now!” Kaitlin screamed into the phone.

“I know right! Hahaha!” I laughed.

“Haha! Oh you should pick Justin though, I mean you did see him first right?”

“No way, she should pick Kevin." Mason interjected. "The girls always go for the bad-boy type.”

“Psssh, no way Mason! You just want Justin all to yourself!” Kaitlin rebutted.

"Well hey, it looked like Aika was having fun hugging onto him after school today!" Mason said with intention of me hearing.

     And for the record, we didn't hug!

"We didn't hug Mason! I bumped into him and he caught me...! In, his, arms..." Ok, that totally sounded like a hug. But it wasn't!

"Suuuure it wasn't!" Kaitlin giggled.

“Hahaha!!” We all laughed. I loved talking to these two about these kinds of things, they would always make me feel at ease. But then it would always mess me up, like then. Kaitlin says Justin, but Mason says Kevin! Why did I have to butt-in in the first place? I could have been just fine thinking Kevin was still Justin. It would make picking a guy so much easier.

“Hey you guys, I gotta go! I have a call on the other line, plus I’m really sleepy!”

“Oh okays, bye Aika!”

“See ya!”

“Bye!” I hung up that side of the conversation then answered the incoming call. There was a voice that scared me as badly as my first Halloween.

Bonjoir.” An elegant, young man’s voice came from the other side.

“Eh? Who is this?” I shivered.

“What, are you saying you’ve forgotten my voice already?”

“Uh... Huh!? KEVIN?!” It was so surprising how different someone could sound over the phone.

He chuckled. “What are you up to?”

“It’s 10:26, what do you think I'm up to?" I know I was giving him a hard time, but honestly, I do think he's a jerk. Sometimes..

"Uh.. I don't know. Painting your nails? Brushing you hair? Girly stuff?"

"I’m about to go to bed, smart one. How did you get my number?” I rolled my eyes.

“I still have it from when your mom called our house yesterday.”

“Oh, right.” I paused for a second then continued. “So, your Justin’s twin?”

“Yes. Is that surprising?”

“Uh, yeah it is! But then it isn't. Because I always thought.... Well, anyways, why? Is there something wrong with him, so you have to take his place?” I was so eager to learn about this. I spent 3 days of stalking to finally get this far, I wasn’t going to let it slip from under me. I needed this story!

“Well, I guess you’re right, in a way.”

“In a way? W-what?”

“But since I’ll be taking Justin’s place for now, that means I’ll get to hug you and hold your hand and everything else that Justin wanted to do with you.”

“HUH?” Hug.. Hold my hand.. Justin wanted to do that! But hearing it come from Kevin’s mouth made it more wanting. I blushed.

“Haha, you just blushed right now didn’t you?” He was too good at seeing things without actually seeing it, it was creepy.

“Eh, what are you talking about?! I have no time for this, I have to get back to my question--!”

“Actually, I have to go now.”

“What? NO!”

“Hm, don’t start falling for me now!”

“Falling for you? Wait--!” But I was too late. The phone hung up. What is with that guy? I thought. But, whatever it was, he really did know how to sweet-talk a girl. Oh what was I thinking?! ‘Don’t start falling for me now!’  Why would he say that? That just guaranteed me falling for him!

            AHHHHH! I don’t know what to do anymore!! I’M NOT UNDERSTANDING THIS AT ALL!! I flopped onto my bed. I was too worn out to change into my sleeping clothes, so I hugged my pillow and fell asleep right there in my skinny jeans and vintage Beatles shirt. That was Friday, and the weekend was finally here. That gave me some time to think. And boy did I have a LOT to think about.



© 2010 Kikai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on November 29, 2010
Last Updated on December 1, 2010


Author

Kikai
Kikai

Portland, OR



About
Hi colleagues! My name is Kikai, and I'm an aspiring novelist. I just love to write. Nothing fancy, just a good read for teens and young adults (I'm still one myself, after all). Please feel free to .. more..

Writing
The Doctor and I The Doctor and I

A Story by Kikai


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kikai


Transparent Transparent

A Book by Kikai