Chapter 35

Chapter 35

A Chapter by Kikai

-Aika-

 

WHEN I WOKE UP the next day I had a real bad headache. It must have been all the thinking, I thought. But I just hoped it would go away by the time I had to go to the mall with Kevin. And still, I wonder why he wanted me to go all of a sudden.

   We had to meetup outside school at 11:30, and it was 10:00. I took a good shower and called Kaitlin to come over to help me pick out clothes.

   See, he and I haven't really gone an alone date before, and when I told Kaitlin last night were we were planning on going, she wanted to come too. I hope Kevin's ok with that, though. I texted him saying a friend might be coming, and he said it was fine, but he doesn't know Kaitlin is just a 7th grader.

"I'm here!!" I heard her call from downstairs; My dad must have let her in.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I brushed my teeth and met her downstairs in my PJ's.

"Really, Aika? Pink pajamas?" She looked at my pink bottoms.

"Hey, I gotta wear something to bed."

"Uh huh. Well honey, that's why super Kaitlin is here! In a fashion emergency, I'm here to save the day!" She joked. Man, I love her. No homo.

   We rushed to my room. She straightened my hair and then threw a bunch of tops (from her closet) at me to try on.

"Aw, you sure its okay for me to borrow one of your shirts?" I wasn't sure.

"Yep yep! It's all good!" She gave me a thumbs up.

"Eh, okay then.."
   Honestly, the shirts weren't really my style. I must have tried on a bajillion tops before we finally found one that worked. And when we did, my dad refused to let me wear someone else's shirt.

"Sheesh, Aika, you have an unfair dad. Its just a shirt." She packed the clothes back into her backpack.
"I have an asian dad, Kate."
"But, I'm asian too."

   We laughed, and then raided my closet for a decent top. Here's the picture: My parents dont exactly buy me clothes often. And when they do, I hardly get any say in what kind of clothes I want.. But we were able to find a nice, flowy, yellow one. I haven't seen it before though, it must have been really hidden in my closet.

   I put it on, and matched it with a light navy blue pair of skinny jeans. Kate told me to wear my black and white VANZ instead of flats, so I took her advice. She let me pick out which coat I wanted to wear though. I picked a black half-top jacket and a white coat to wear over it (it was suppose to be cold today).

"Ok, let's see!" Kaitlin called from the hallway.

I stepped out of my room. "How is it?"
"Hermmm.." She crossed her arms and studied me from head to toe. "Not bad at all!" She came up to me and gave me a hug. "My little Aika is growing up!"
"Are you kidding me? I'm older than you!" I teased.

"Haha, of course you are, honey." She said sarcastically.

   When it was 11:20, dad was getting ready to drop Kaitlin and I off at the school. She texted her boyfriend, Henri, that we'd be on our way. She invited him along.

In the car, Kaitlin turned to me. "Are you sure 'Justin' is ok with me and Henri being there?" We had to make sure my dad didn't find out about the twin thing.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure he wont mind." I hope.

"Cool then."

   We arrived at the school, and we saw Kevin, standing outside waiting.

"That's Justin?" My dad kind of chuckled. This is the first time he had actually seen him.

"Yep," I said, while getting out of the car." "See you dad!"
"Alright, be home before 4!"

"I will!" I waved to him, then Kaitlin and I skipped over to Kevin.

"So you're the wonderful Kevin?" Kaitlin held her hand out. "I'm Kaitlin! Nice to meet cha!"
He looked at her a little weird, then shook her hand slowly. "Kevin..? My name is, uh--"

"She know about the twin thing." I interrupted.

"Oh," He sighed of relief, then smiled. "Nice to meet you then, Kaitlin." He shuved his hands in his pockets. "Shall we go then?"
"Yeah!" Kaitlin screamed, the started charging up the road to the bus stop.

   I stayed behind with Kevin and put my arm around his, so we were linking arms. We followed the energetic asian up to the bus stop.

"Hey," I whispered in his ear. "I'm sorry for my friend, if shes annoying to you."
"No, its cool. Besides, she's just a middle schooler so I understand."
Wait.. What? "Er, how did you know?"
"I can just tell."

   He seemed so emotionless, I thought maybe he was a little upset because I brought a little kid with me.

"You know," I looked at Kaitlin, she was happily waiting by the bus stop. "She's not really that kidish."
"Oh really." He still said, still un-emotional.

"Yep!" I forced a smile. "She's really cool, after a while you think she's a high schooler just like us."
"Heh, I'll take your word for it then." He smiled.

Finally, some feeling. I thought.

   We got to the bus stop just before the bus arrived. I payed for Kaitlin and Kevin and I used our bus passes that our school provided us. We sat at the back of the bus and took it all the way to the MAX Train Station. The bus ride was kind of quiet the way there, but Kaitlin seemed to have a fun time talking with Kevin.

    And now that I think about it, this is my first time taking the new MAX  Bullet Train! I wonder how it feels like to take one of those. I see them cruise around downtown all the time, but I never really got to ride one.

"You've got to be kidding me?" Kate and Kevin said at the same time.

"You've never ridden on this before?" Kevin kind of laughed.

I felt hopless. "No, I haven't."

Kate sighed. "Aika Aika, and just when I thought you were growing up! You've still got some more growing to do!"

"Haha, I guess so."

   Then right at that moment, the train pulled up to the platform, and the 3 of us stepped inside.

 

 

-Kevin-

 

I HAD NO IDEA that some middle school kid would be taggin along; I kinda hoped Aika and I could have some alone time, since we hardly ever have dates with just the two of us. But hopefully this kid wont be that much trouble. I mean she seems pretty cool, and dresses pretty tight.

   Though all she talks about is me being with Aika, which is what I want to do, but she wont leave me the hell alone! But, for a little kid, she is giving me some sweet advice and holding a pretty decent conversation.

"So what are we going to do at the mall?" She asked while we zoned passed cars on the train.

"I don't really know," Aika looked over at me. "I was just invited yesterday."

I sighed, "Well, I wanted to hang out with you today. Maybe get something to eat, like... Sushi?"

   The second I said that the little girl, known as Kaitlin, jumped up with excitement on her face.

"SUSHI?!"
"Shh!" Aika and I said. "You're going to disturb the other passengers!"
She sat back down. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! But, we're going to go eat sushi?" She said with a wild grin.
"Well, I guess.." I had no other choice but to give in. "You ok with that, Aika?"

"Yeah, sure. I haven't had sushi in a long time." She smiled.

"Cool, then we'll go eat at Sushi Land, then walk around Lloyd Center Mall for a while. I'll pay, I don't mind." I just hope I have enough money, I only  brought 30 bucks, and most of it was suppose to go towards our food..

    We switched onto another train, then took another bus. Finally we had made it to the Lloyd Center platform and got off. That's where I met Henri Li, Kaitlin's boyfriend, who I did not know would be joining us today either.

    The two of them held hands and walked way in front of us, which gives me some alone time with my girl.

"So, you didn't tell me this guy would be here too."
"Oh man," She kind of panicked. "I'm sorry, I didn't know he'd be coming either, til last night."
"Nah, it's alright really. I guess this could be like a double-date kind of thing. We've never tried one of those before."
"Oh," I noticed a little half smile slip onto her face. "Yeah, that's true. Maybe this could be fun!"

   Whilst walking to Sushi Land, countless times Kaitlin wanted to talk to me. So she made Aika go and hang out with Henri, who by the way is a pretty cool guy in the end.

"Dude, you like Aika right?" Which is how she started every conversation with me.

"Are you kidding me, I love her."
"Oh my gosh, aww! See, tell her that!"
"No way." I tried to walk away from her, but she'd come right back.

"And why not?"
"She probably wouldn't say the same thing back."
"Come on, its been like 2 months! I'm pretty sure thats enough time for her to figure out she loves you too!"
I wish I could agree, but I somehow feel like she's also still a little bit attracted to Justin.

"Hellooo?" She nudged my shoulder.

"Well, nah, I'll save it for a special time."
"Ugh, fine, so why don't you go and hold her hand or something?"
Something we hardly do. "I don't want to."
"Why not?!"
We're not really used to it.. "I don't have to."
"But you should!" She complained.

"I.. I don't know." We then crossed a street, and Aika was still chatting it up with Henri. I wonder if their conversation is more fun than mine.

Kaitlin ran in front of me and put her hands on her hips. "What do you mean you don't know?!"
"I just don't know! I mean, I know she's a little uncomfortable with it.." And so am I.

"So wait until its just the two of you, then just do it!"
"How will I know its okay with her then?"
"Ask her, duh. But if you two do, do it in front of me were I can see!"
I kind of chuckled. "Why??"
"Because she always talks about you to me, but I never get to see you guys actually as a couple together like today! So promise me, please?"
   I just couldn't give her a straight answer like that. It may sound weird, but I really don't like holding hands. The feeling gives you a great rush, but it's also pretty nerve-racking, especially since Aika and I hardly do it.

"Kevin," Kaitlin slapped her hand down on my shoulder. "If you don't do it, I'm going to have Henri personally kick your a*s." She smiled.

"Ugh, okay, fine." That Henri kid is a high schooler, still a freshman like me, but I don't think he can beat me up.

"Yay! At Lloyd Center, ok?"

"Ok."
"And I'll be watching you!!"

   And with that, we reached Sushi Land. Honestly, this is only my second time here. Apparently Kaitlin and Henri have been here plenty of times, because they got our reservation in and table waitered right away. Although Henri suggested putting down "Justin Bieber" on the reservation list, but I didn't listen..

   I could tell it was Aika's first time, but I'm pretty sure she should enjoy it. I remember recalling from when we first started going out, she said she had always wanted to come here.

   Anyway, we ordered as much sushi as we could get. But oddly, for someone who apparently loves sushi, Kaitlin and Aika barely had any. Kaitlin had one plate, and didn't even finish it, and Aika had two (but she finished all of her's).

"Man, you guys, you're making me feel fat." I pointed to my stack of 4 plates.

"Hey," Henri interjected, "I ate a lot too! I have 3 plates!"
We all chuckled.
"Well I ate at home." Kaitlin stated.

"And I starved myself this morning." Aika added.

   It got silent and we all just stared surprised at her.

"Seriously?" Kaitlin asked.

"Yep, for real. I thought I would eat a lot later if I didn't eat at home."
Not so smart. "Yeah, because you really ate alot now." I teased.

   But I should be happy, because when we got the check the total was $19.89, just right under my budget. If they ate anymore we'd be having to scrub plates to pay for our food.

"I'm stuffed!!" Kaitlin yelled while we walked to Lloyd Center.

"Really? You barely had one plate." Henri poked her scrawny arm.

"Shut up!"

   Back-and-forth the two of them argued. Typical couple. I walked beside Aika and we hardly said a word to eachother. Not how I planned this date to go, anyway.

"Aika," I broke the awkwardness. "How was the sushi?"
"I liked it, it was really good."

"Cool."
We walked another block in silence, and then she broke it again.

"You didn't have to pay the whole thing, you know."
"It was my idea to eat there, and I wouldn't  want a girl to waste her money." I gave her my signature sweet smile. Got her every time.

"Aw, you're so gentlemanly!" She giggled.

  And then out of nowhere........ SMACK!!! Great way to ruin a moment..

  Aika and I paused in our tracks and looked at Kaitlin and Henri standing in front of us. Kaitlin just slapped Henri's forehead...! And it sounded like it hurt alot.

"Ow." He said, completely emotionless, as if he never got smacked before.

"Kate!!" Aika yell-laughed. "Why did you do that?!"
"Because I felt like it." She smiled.

"That was completely random!" I shouted. "You ok man?" I walked to Henri.

"Yeah I'm cool."
"Does she always do this to you?"
He nodded. "Pretty much."

Jeez, kids nowadays.. Well, this Henri guy is the same age as me, but still..

   We got to the mall and, honestly, we had no where to go. I didn't really plan much for 4 people, and Aika didn't seem to want to go anywhere.

   Constantly Kaitlin was giving me the "glare", the "stare", the "hawk-eyes". I know what she wants me to do, but I just have to wait for the right time.

   Hm, Aika must not go out much. She's lived in Portland for 15 years, and it's her first time taking the MAX, and she's been to Lloyd Center, the most popular mall in Downtown Portland, about 4 times, and is just NOW finding out that it has an arcade.. Seriously, this girl is so slow sometimes. But its cute.

"Wanna play racing?" Henri asked Kaitlin.

"Sure!! Aika, go find a game to play with Kevin!" She pushed her into me.

Aika squeaked. "Wha-? Ah, ok.."

    Her and I got some tokens and then decided to look for some games. I saw Kaitlin at the end of the arcade by the racing games, and she gave me the "stare" again.

Whatever.. I thought. "Aika, what game you wanna play?"
"Oh, I don't know.." Then she noticed a Dance Dance Revolution mat and ran over to it. "This one! You play too!" She grabbed my arm and pulled me onto the mat.

"But, er.. I don't really know how to play." I really don't know though.

"It's easy, just follow the arrow thingies. You've played GuitarHero right?"
"Yeah."
"Well its just like that, except this time with your feet."
I guess it'd be cool to try. "Ugh, fine. But I'm gonna look like an idiot."
"Hehe, good."

   We put our tokens in and started the game, but I must have messed up somewhere because when it started, there was only one player on.

"Whoa, what happened?" Aika asked.

"I dunno."
"Ahh, you pressed the single player button by accident!"
"Oh, I'm sorry! You just play, I'll watch."
   She was in denial at first, but when the game started she went into player mode. The levels were relatively easy, she was actually mad because the levels weren't as challenging as she had thought. In fact, she made me play one round.. And even though it was set to "easy mode" I failed anyways.

"Wow, you're terrible!" She laughed at me.

"Ha ha ha," I said sarcastically.

   We walked over to one of those claw machines. Henri was trying to win Kaitlin a Domo (whatever that is) wallet.

"So close so close!!" She was cheering.

"I know....!" Henri was really concentrating.

I leaned next to Aika. "What is with that Domo creature? I see him everywhere."

"What? Are you saying you don't know what Domo is?" She said, surprised.

"Not really.."

"Gasp! Kevin, I have half a mind to smack you!!"

I smiled. "Oh really? What about the other half?"

"To COUGH hold COUGH hands COUGH!!!" Kaitlin interjected.

"To what?" Aika asked and turned to Kaitlin.

I panicked. "To nothing! Nothing!" I added, before Kaitlin could say anything else. "I don't know what she's talking about."
Kaitlin shot me a devious smile.

"Right.." Aika looked suspiciously at the two of us.

"Crap!" Henri banged his hand on the claw machine. "I couldn't get it!!"
"Aw its ok!" Kaitling ran over and... held his hand. "Will this make you better."
"Haha, no."

Geez, is she trying to get me to hold Aika's hand by subliminal messaging?

   The two of them strolled out of the arcade, and me and Aika didn't want to be left a lone so we followed them too.

   We must have walked around for at least an hour until everyone finally decided that they were hungry again. Kaitlin said something about wanting to go get a 'bubble tea'... whatever the heck that is.

"WHAT?!" The 3 of them said in unison when we reached the 'bubble tea' stand.

Kaitlin marched up to my face. "HOW THE HELL HAVE YOU NOT TRIED A BUBBLE TEA BEFORE?!"

I stepped back. "Hey, I've never even heard of one of those before."

Right as I said this, all of their eyes grew huge, and Kaitlin looked like she wanted to punch something.. Or someone.

"Kevin..." She started. "MAN!!! I need to teach you the Asian ways!!!"

   I looked over at Henri and Aika. Aika was trying to hold in her laughter, and Henri was more amazed looking than shocked.

"Geez," Aika came over and leaned on my arm. "Where have you been living?! Under a rock?" She teased.

"I dunno, maybe." I joked back.

"Okay sir," Kaitlin put her fist in the air. "We need to get this somewhat-asian boy some Bubble Tea.. Stat!!"

Aika reached into her wallet. "I can pay for it!"
Henri walked over to the stand and got a menu. "Here," he pointed to the pamphlet. "look at all the flavors!"

   As he and Kaitlin scowered the menu for a decent flavor, I pulled Aika aside for a bit to have a talk.

"Hey, you don't have to pay for it you know." I told her to put her money away.

"B-But, you paid for our sushi.. And you only have like 10 dollars left so I'll pay for it."

That is just like her! "But don't you want one too? I cant let you pay for both.."
"Heh heh, right.." She put on an easy-to-tell-thats-fake smile.

"Right, what?"

"Well, Mason wanted me to buy him one too, so.."
"EXACTLY!!!"
"Hey love birds!" Kaitlin interrupted us.. once again. "Did you guys pick a flavor? There's like a ton on this list!"

"Hold on, Kate!" Aika called back. "Listen Kevin, I'll pay for the 3.. I mean, I brought money anyways so I might as well."
"No, I'm not going to let you spend your money!"
I didn't mean to say it that loud.

"Uh.. Well, how about this.. You can pay for mine, and I'll pay for yours and Mason's. 'Kay?"

  Well, anything to end this argument. We always fight about who gets to pay for who. Once at school I bought her something at lunch. She gave me some of her money to spend but I just couldn't do it. When I gave her the food and she noticed her money still inside the bag, unspent, she dropped the bag and chased me around the building! Like, literally!

   So anyways, Aika got a chocolate bubble tea, Henri suggested strawberry for me, and Mason got a coconut one. Then we got a table and sat down to eat.. Or, drink.

I stared at the shake-like drink sitting in front of me.

"So?" Kaitlin leaned in. "Try it!"
"No, wait! I want a picture of this!" Aika pulled out her camera.

"Hehe, me too!" And Kaitlin and Henri pulled out their phones.

"Geez you guys.." I felt embarassed.

   I put the straw into the icey-liquid and began to slurp. The fantasy-trio watching me began snapping their photos. I felt really awkward but hey... This actually tasted pretty good!

"So what do you think??" The 3 of them crowded around me.

"Well," I had to admit. "It's really good!! Why have I never tried this before?"
"Hahahaha!" The group started laughing.

"Well it was about time!" Kaitlin was really enjoying herself, I could tell.

But something still had me questioning.. "What are these little round things called..?"

"Those are the bubbles!" Henri put quotation gestures around the 'bubbles'. "Hence the name 'Bubble Tea'."

"Well I can see that, but really.. What are they?"

"They're tappioca balls." Aika chimed in. "But Mason thought they were called 'cappioca'!"

"Haha, what?!" Kaitlin giggled. "Seriously?!"
"Hehe, yeah!" Aika joined.

"Man, and I thought he knew everything!!"

   It just started occuring to me that this 'double-date' wasn't really a bad idea. I mean, if Kaitlin or Henri wasn't here, I think Aika and I wouldn't really have anything to do or talk about. Those two certainly create a more lively atmosphere.

   Just as we were about done with our drinks, Aika said something about wanting to go to a photobooth. Henri also said he wanted to go take a picture with Kaitlin too, we decided that we'd all go and take a picture together.

   Sadly, when we found one on the bottom floor of the mall, not all 4 of us could fit in there.

"It's too small!" Aika said, dissapointed.

"It's okay," Kaitlin patted her on the shoulder. "I mean, a small space, fit for two," she looked over to me deviously.. I know what she has in mind.

"Hey Henri," she called. "How much is it to take a picture?"
"Uh, 3 bucks."

Damn, I don't have enough... wait a minute, I don't even want to take a picture!

"Aw, I don't have enough." Aika told Kaitlin.

"I have enough for me and Henri." She responded. "Ooh, Henri, come with me, we'll go get change for my 5 dollars that way Kevin and Aika can take a picture too!"

Henri hesitated. "Eh, sure."

"Okay!" Kaitlin pushed me and Aika into the photo booth. "Stay in there you two!"

"Wha-! Kate-?!" Aika was so caught off guard.

"And Kevinnn," She winked at me. "You know what to do!" Then she closed the curtain of the booth and we could hear her golloping away.

  Awkward. Silence. Just sitting there. I'm pretty sure Aika was just as nervous as I was.

"Hey, Kevin?" She spoke.

"Yeah?"
"What were you and Kaitlin talking about? I could tell something was up."
"Well, no use in hiding it now." 
It remained quiet for about 15 seconds, then I continued. "I was kind of waiting for the right time to tell you, more less-public I guess."
"So what about now?"

  She was right, just the two of us, alone in the photobooth.. Kinda small space though, but oh well.

"Ok," I started. "See, the reason she's always winking at me and stuff is because she wanted me too--"
"TADA!!!" Kaitlin bursted open the curtain.

"Bwahh!!!" Aika jumped.

"We got the money!" Henri called from outside.

Great time, oh-so guilded one. I felt like smacking her upside the head. But nah..

"So so so?" She looked at me. "What happened?!"

"Nothing, YET." I gave her a look of dissaproval.

She dropped her head. "Ugh. Sorry!"

"Sure you are."

"Heyy, what's going on?!" Aika whined.

"I'll tell you later, promise." I assured her.

"Ack, fine.."

   So we put the money in and took our pictures. I guess I kind of enjoyed it, but I looked pretty stupid in each photo, uncomparable to how pretty Aika looked in them.

   On the last photo, we didn't know what to do. From the outside we could here Kaitlin and Henri chanting "kiss kiss!" which obviously we weren't going to do. So right when the camera started the countdown, Aika jumped on me and gave me hug.. and that  was the final picture. It turned out nice.. I think. Luckily we both had our own copies of the photos to take home.

   All I have to do now is get the courage to actually hold her hand in public.. And I think I'll have to thank Kaitlin sometime for today.

 

 

-Kaitlin-

 

THOSE TWO ARE so cute!! The whole time I just couldn't help but go "aww" whenever I saw them do something together!

   That Kevin, though, is a weird one. I mean, NEVER TRIED BUBBLE TEA and he's ASIAN!!! He doesn't even know what Domo is either! The great and oh-powerful Domo!! I have him as a backpack you know!!

   Anyways, wowzers, I'm getting off-track!! I just gotta say, if I weren't here today with them, I'd imagine this date to be pretty boring. I was able to get to know Kevin though. Aika always talks about him, but I never actually met him before. Now all I want to do is meet his twin! That Justin kid, but hey, that's a different story for now.

   Right when they got done printing their pictures from the photobooth, some other people went inside. So Henri and I couldn't take our pictures! Sadness! Oh well, there's always some other time, I hope.

"You guys you guys, let's go in the Japan Store!!" I begged. "I want a Pikachu Plushie!!"

"Haha, ok." Henri took my hand and we waltzed inside.

   I noticed Kevin talking with Aika outside the store. Oh man, I hope he better be doing what I told him to do!!

   Henri and I, on the other hand, just continued to look around the store. The cashier lady noticed my Domo backpack and referred me to the Domo section of the store.

"Good God, it's like Domo Paradise!" I felt myself actually becoming alive!

"Pick one, I'll buy you whatever." Henri said.

"What, really?!"

"Wait, scratch that.. I only have 5 bucks."

"Ah, man! I was just gonna grab everything I could fit in my room off the shelves!" Darn.

  After looking for something (under 5 bucks) to buy that I liked, it came to my attention that I had no idea were Kevin and Aika went! I asked Henri if he knew were they were, because they didn't come and join us in the store.

"Oh, they're still waiting outside." He said and pointed to the entrance.

"Hm, they're taking a while. I'm gonna go check on them."

   I marched out of the store, completely ready to yell at them.. for no reason. But instead..

"You guys are taking forever--!!" I stopped in my steps, looked down, and noticed.. "OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH!!!" They were holding hands! "Aww, you guysss!!" I was uber excited.

"Hehe." Aika giggled, a little shyly.

"I hope you know that this is just for you, Kate." Kevin said, with emphasis on the 'Kate'.

"I don't care! I'm just happy you guys are doing it, in public too!"

"Bwahh, don't remind me!" Aika smiled cheaply. I can tell she's pretty nervous about it, and Kevin was too! But they're just too cute!

   Then Henri came out and saw the picture too. He gave them a thumbs up, which is probably what I should have done instead of jumping up and down screaming 'OHMYGOSH'. But hey, I'm Kaitlin, the super-genious!

"You guys, let me take a picture!" I pulled out my camera phone.

"No!" They laughed and let go imediately.

"Whaaat? You guys are no fun." I pouted, but I guess it didn't really change anything.

    So let's see, what happened for the rest of the time? Oh yeah, I made Aika give me a piggy back ride! She isn't really that strong.. She almost collapsed! And I KNOW I'm not that heavy. Henri on the other hand was able to walk a pretty good distance before droping me.. oww my butt!

   After walking around for a while, we decided to sit on a bench outside a Footlocker store, and that's were we met Aika's cousin Ruben.

"Ruben!" She gave him a hug. "You work here? And you cut your hair!"
"Yes I do, and yes I did." According to Aika, he's a 'Jehova's Witness' so it's kinda weird for her to see him working at a place like this.

"AIKAAA!!" I called from the bench. "Ask him if we can get a discount on shoes!!"

She smiled and turned to Ruben. "Can we?" I heard her ask.

He looked around suspiciously, then turned back to her and winked, "Sure."

   Hehe, today is so much fun! After that, we continued to walk around the mall. Me and Henri walking hand-in-hand and Aika and Kevin doing the same. This has by far been the best double date ever! I was always freaking out over the littlest things, everyone was trying to calm me down. I guess I just get excited easily! Oh well~!!

    At last, came the part of departure. We went outside to the MAX Bullet Train platform. Henri and I were kissing around a corner, while waiting for the train to arrive.

"Hey, was today fun?" I asked.

"It was pretty fun. That Kevin guy is cool too."
"Hun, don't be hitting on Aika's guy!!"

"But he's just so pretty!" He said sarcastically.

   Once in a while he and I would peek behind the corner at the two lovebirds. We really wanted them to kiss too!! I knew it wasn't gonna happen, but we prayed! And after our 11th look, we knew they weren't gonna do it, so Henri and I went back to our kiss-fest.

 

   Kaitlin.....! Kaitlin......! It sounded like someone was calling my name but I couldn't really hear it right. I just continued locking lips with my man. I suddenly heard footsteps coming near, but it could have been anybody's, so I didn't let it mind.. until..

   SMACK!!! A purse flies out of nowhere and hits Henri and I in the face!!

"WHOAA!!!" I screamed.

"What the heck...?" Henri and I peered around our corner, to see Aika, standing there, with her litle purse.

"I was calling you guys, the train is here! But you couldn't hear me so I had to take the initiative." She walked back to Kevin and they linked arms and boarded the train.

   I gave Henri one more kiss before I stepped in as well. The 3 of us waved goodbye to him as the door closed. The ride home seemed pretty fast, way more fast than the ride here. But it was quiet too. I guess we were just all tired.

   Aika and I decided to text. Even though we were just sitting next to eachother.

 

Kate:

Aika, good job! Kevin is actually good looking!

 

Aika:

LOL heyy thats kinda mean!! haha

 

Kate:

Girl, you know me!

 

Aika:

Hehe :3

 

Kate:

Ohmann, *i'm gonna miss you n henri, even kevin! Kevin can be my new best friend. Cause he seems easy to talk to, henri made us laughh, everyone was calming me down XD

 

Aika:

Yepp, today was like the best!!!

 

   When we reached the dropoff point, we boarded a bus to take us the rest of the way home. My stop came first, so that would leave Kevin and my little Aika alone for.. well, whatever people like them do.

"Bye Aika-con!" My nickname for her, I told her while I got off the bus.

"See ya."
"Have fun with your man." I winked.

  I saw her make a little face, then I got off the bus. I stood at the corner of the street, watching the bus pull away.

  This day was, by far, the greatest of this whole year..... for now. I thought, then started on my way back home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(* = an actual text message from 'Kaitlin')



© 2011 Kikai


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
Added on January 29, 2011
Last Updated on February 1, 2011


Author

Kikai
Kikai

Portland, OR



About
Hi colleagues! My name is Kikai, and I'm an aspiring novelist. I just love to write. Nothing fancy, just a good read for teens and young adults (I'm still one myself, after all). Please feel free to .. more..

Writing
The Doctor and I The Doctor and I

A Story by Kikai


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kikai


Transparent Transparent

A Book by Kikai





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5