20

20

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick

Raze greets us at the plane. "How was Greece Ivan?"

I grunt at him, "I'll tell you later."

"Okay. Where's Daim at, and who's the guy in the cheap costume?" He asks

"That's Torcon, our Minotaur rep. And Daim..." I swallow hard and look away, "Let's just go home ." I walk away looking at my feet as water lands on them

"What happened to him, Taylor?" Raze asks concerned

"We got ambushed coming out of the maze. Daimian's dead, Raze." Taylor answers I'm a hoarse voice, with red puffy eyes

His face drops, "What? Daim...Daimian died? Wha...how...when? What the hell is going on!?"

"Wait for the report." Kara says walking by


The drive to the Den is long and quite. It started raining along the way. By the time we arrive it’s become a torrential downpour.

"The Elders want to see you all." Raze says holding the door open

"Thank you Raze for all your help."

"No problem Ivan. I'm sorry about Daim."

I nod solemnly, "So am I."


In the Elders' chamber I take the floor first.

"It looks like all went well in Greece." Bloodlust gestures to Torcon

"Aye my lord, but there was also a umm...an incident. I've royally fucked up." I say kneeling

"What do you mean Ivan?" Silvermain asks

I turn to Silvermain but am unable to look him in the eye. "I Greece, after we exited to Minotaurs' Labyrinth, we walked into an ambush. Sic of the seven generals of the Chaos Eclipse." I let out an unsteady breath in an attempt  to calm my nerves. "A battle ensued." Tears start to fall again,"In this battle I'm afraid...I'm very sorry to have to report that Daimian...," I swallow hard and then take in a deep breath, "Daimian is dead my lord." My words hit me hard and leave me in a sobbing mess on the floor.

Silvermain appears unaffected by the news and maintains a calm appearance, "Is that all?"

I compose myself the best I can, "No, the battle was captured on film by a human. I was unable to capture him or the footage because the officials were enroute to our location. I panicked and made a grave decision." I drop to the floor and kneel, "A thousand apologies my lords and ladies."

Everything in the Elders' chamber was eerily quiet, then Luna speaks up. "You are dismissed, all of you. Torcon welcome to the rebellion but we've got major problems we need to discuss."

"Then why am I dismissed? I'm practically leading the damn thing! I should be here!" I cry out

"Because you may have jeopardized our existence." She hisses, "There are already those who hunt us, not to mention the Chaos Eclipse. If this news gets out, their numbers may very well swell until we're all dead."

"I feel your pain Ivan, we all do, but Luna has a point." Bloodlust symphysis

"Fine. My next decision depends on what happens to that video, just so you know." I say then storm out, shortly followed by my entourage.

 We all go to the cafe to fill our bellies and discuss our plan of action.

Raze finishes his soda and releases a loud burp, "We'll lady and gents, I'm not really the travelly type so I'm going to go back to my hole and try to track down that video of yours." Raze smiles half heartedly and leaves

As he exits a frustrated Muarine enters, followed by Ra and Amber.

"Hey, long time no see." Taylor says with a smile, "How'd it go?"

They join the group at the table, "We've got the support of the pyros, the Necromancers on the other hand need a bit of convincing. What's with you guys, why so glum?"

"Daimian died and the whole world may soon learn of our existence." Taylor mumbles

Maurine and Ra take on a look of shock.

"I'm sorry for your lose." Maurine consuls, "Won’t the world learn of us sooner or later though? It's kind of hard to hide a full scale war."

Ra nods in agreement, "Especially when it's being waged to protect the ones you're hiding it from."

The rest of us are dumbfounded. Kara slaps her forehead, "How could we have missed that obvious piece before? We could use this video to our benefit. Go before the humans' world council and have them join us. Humans, after all, outnumber all hidden species and can, and probably will, use their guns."

"Bun in a war against supernatural beings a human is practically useless." Taylor argues, "I say we go and recruit more of us."

"And just who exactly is that? Hmm?" I say, my voice rising

"I don't know. The Necromancers maybe?" He gestures to Maurine

"Taylor what the hell do you want from me? I just lost the closest thing I had to a father in this life." I continue

"HE WAS MY FATHER TOO!" Taylor shouts and raises his arm

I feel a dull thud across my face. It doesn't register until moments later what had just happened. I hold a hand over the spot on my jaw where Taylor hit me. I turn away from him and leave the cafe, "Do whatever the hell you want Taylor, but I've got a war to prepare for and I plan on winning with or without you." I storm away, not paying attention to where I'm going untill I end up in my room. Saundra comes in shortly after me, knocking as she enters.

"You don't have to knock, it's your room too." I say

"I know. Look Ivan whatever you do next I'm behind you one hundred percent. I know Patrick, Torcon, and Kara are too. I think Maurine is staying with Taylor though and you know Ra and Amber follow her like dogs." She comes up and hugs me comfortingly

"Thank you Saundra, I love you." I smile

She smiles back warmly, "I love you too Ivan."

We kiss then leave the room.

"I'd like to leave as soon as possible." I say as we walk

"We'll be ready fer yer orders ma lord." A tiny man says, Torcon nodding his head behind him

I smile at both of them, "It's nice to know I have such loyal Generals, but why don't you guys take it easy on this one. I've got a feeling this is just the calm before the storm so just take some time for yourselves and relax. Besides, a bunch of old humans shouldn't be too much trouble."

"If that be yer orders Ivan, thank ye." Patrick says cheerfully then turns to Torcon, "Come on, lets go get a few pints."

"That goes for you too Saundra. Take a break and get some rest."

She chuckles, "I can rest once I'm dead, but until then my place is at your side."

"Well then how about we rent a movie or something, I don't think we have to leave until morning."

We take each others hands and continue with our evening as if it were our last.



© 2013 J.R. Bergwick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on April 10, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013
Tags: Ivan, Burgman, Nightwars, Rebellion, Book One, Book 1, Chapter 20, Chapter Twenty, Werewolf, Vampire, Werewolves, Vampires, Leprechaun, Minotaur, War, Sy-Fy, Syfy, Fight, Necromancer, Zombie, Blood


Author

J.R. Bergwick
J.R. Bergwick

Isanti, MN



About
I'm an 18 year old writer. I've been writing stories most of my life, mostly short stories. I've complete led on novel and am currently working on it's sequel and a separate novel. I enjoy writing bec.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick


2 2

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick


3 3

A Chapter by J.R. Bergwick