Hotel American Dinsen

Hotel American Dinsen

A Chapter by MuSiCFreak8899
"

we're off to see the hotel...the wonderful hotel of Italy... :)

"

 Earl shouted at me from the pick-up area, "Penelope, I found our bags!"

 I snapped my phone shut, hastily putting it in my back pocket as I jogged over to Earl and our bags. He handed me my stuff and then ripped open his bags.

 "Good! The action figures are still in tact!"

 I teased, "You better sleep with those figures, Beckett. Or they'll be made into girly barbies in the morning!"

 Earl's jaw dropped as I quickly took the bag full of action figures. I walked backwards slowly, giving him a mocking look. Before I knew it, I bumped into someone, making the bag full of figures drop to the floor.

 I whipped around to be meet with a brown-haired italian man. He had a slightly large nose with chocolate brown eyes. Wait...what's with the fake mustache?

 I apologized humbly, "Oh my. I'm sorry sir, I wasn't looking where I was going."

 The man just stared at me for several seconds. I saw Earl in the corner of my eye nearing us. Does this man not understand English. Will I have to whip out my sucky attempt to speak Italian? Well...here it goes..

 However, before I even had to open my mouth, the man spoke,

 "Oh it's quite alright, m'lady. I'm afraid I wasn't looking where I was going also. Let's just say I have plenty on my mind..."

He dived down and gracefully scooped up Earl's bag of star wars action figures. I gave a 'thank you' and was about to turn around to Earl. But, Earl was already by my side.

 "Um.. Hello Mister. We were just wondering, but do you know where the...."

 Earl paused a second to look down at the packet, the woman at school gave us.

 "-the..Hotel American Dinsen is?" [note: a real hotel in Venice Italy]

 The man brightly smiled before touching his fakeish mustache, "Oh yes! Great place...would you like me to lead you there?"

 I jumped up, "That would be great! Thank you!"

 Earl and I picked up our bags and left the airport with the nice man.

 Earl said politely, "I'm sorry, but we never got your name."

 As we crossed the busy beautiful street, he replied, "Mr. Victor Getz at your service, signore and signora!"

 I said as we walked along, admiring the beautiful sights, "It's very nice to meet you..."

Suddenly Victor stopped, almost making me bump into him. I noticed him pointing to a rather nice looking building.

 "There is Hotel American Dinsen!"

 Earl shook Victor's hand, "Grazie."

 Oh.... looks like Earl has learned some Italian.....maybe he can teach me some of that later.....

 Earl handed us both a index card, "Call me anytime you have a problem!"

 With that, he straightened his mustache and walked on. Maybe he has that fake mustache because he can't grow one of his own. Eh.

 Earl laughed, "I was sure that guy was a thief!"

 I hit him on the arm, "Not everyone in Italy is some cheating gambling thief!"

 Earl shrugged, "Let's just get checked into the hotel!"

 The hotel itself was amazing. Many flowers and plants decorated the balconies and porches. The window shutters were elegant and a dark mysterious green. The building was a pale yellow with hints of white. Behind us was a canal with crystal clear water and many boats sailed on it. The whole scenery was perfect.

 I sighed happily, "Yes. Let's."

 Earl opened the door for me and I stuck out my tongue at him. The inside was just as beautiful and I almost gasped in surprise.

 The main hall was comfy and cozy. The walls were yellow while the ceiling was white. The first thing that caught my eye was the large nicely craved wooden desk in front of me. I noticed several brown leather chairs and couches seated around some coffee tables. Paintings were seen on every wall, the lanterns that hung on the walls and displayed on tables lit the full room up.

 We stopped in front of the wooden desk. Earl tapped the silver bell lightly. Almost immediately, a woman dressed in a lacy dark brown dress appeared in front of us.

 A smile was placed on her pink lips as she said, "Como posso aiutarti?"

 Earl opened his mouth, "Uh ummm."

 Suddenly another woman appeared next to the woman dressed in brown, "Oh hello! How may I help you?"

 I sighed in relief, "We're students from Monsoon High School, and we were told to stay here while we're on our trip."

 The woman who spoke english said excited, "Oh! We were expecting students to come soon! Here, here!"

 In her hands was two room keys. Earl took them and said, "Grazie."

 The woman's eyes widened, "You know Italian? Essi hanno insegnato che a scuola?"

 Earl stammered, "Oh no...I just know a few words."

 I laughed nervously. This is kinda awkward.

 The woman said, "Oh of course! By the way, my name is Signora Michelle. Now have a nice stay at Hotel American Dinsen!"

 I returned with a 'grazie.' Wow, that felt kinda good using that. Ha.

 Earl handed me my room key as we entered the long hall way of rooms.

 "You're room 109....and I'm room 119, they we're right across from each other!"

 Who cares if we are on the first floor? I'm just happy to be here. I slid my room key into the slot and watched it glow green. I swung the door open.

 Inside, I saw a queen sized bed, decorated with lacy thick tan covers and thin white sheets. The head board was nicely craved and white. I looked down at the floor to see a red carpet with gold little stars displayed on them. The windows had long white curtains and brown and red striped top. The walls were a mixture of dark colors and stripes. The wall that the head board leaned on was different from the others. It was striped green with red diamonds inside of them and was surrounded by a light brown.

 I placed my stuff on the bed, my attention turned to small but cute white desk and the white craved wooden chair. I can set my lap top on there. Perfect!

 ---------------------------

 An half an hour later, I heard a knock at my door. I was too busy hooking up my laptop so I said, "Come in!"

 Earl's voice came from the outside, "I don't have a room key dummy!"

 Oh right. With that said I untangled myself from the mess of black and white cable chords. Opening the door I came face to face with a smiling Earl.

"Come on! We're going to explore the city!"

 While he dragged me out of my room and out of the hotel, I asked, "Did other people arrive yet?"

 "Quite a few."

 "Who?"

 Earl laughed, "So far only one we like. Mikayla."

 I whined, "Well why didn't you get me earlier."

 "I figured you wouldn't want to be disturbed."

 With our arms linked again, Earl and I traveled the stone streets of Italy. Everywhere there was big statues. Some were lions with wings. We finally stopped in front of a huge stone water fountain. Earl unlinked his arm from mine and sat on the edge of it.

 "I like this place already."

 I smiled, silently agreeing. I backed away a little bit, admiring the work of the stone fountain. Water sprung out everywhere in thin lines.

 Suddenly, I felt a small pressure against my back. I whipped around to see a small boy with the most adorable face. His eyes were bright blue, with curly angelic blonde hair.

 The first thing he said with his high voice, "Sorry miss!"

 



© 2009 MuSiCFreak8899


Author's Note

MuSiCFreak8899
So? Was it good?

Como posso aiutarti?-how may I help you?

grazie-thank you

Essi hanno insegnato che a scuola?-Did you learn that in school?

signore/signora-mr/mrs

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

MuSiCFreak8899
MuSiCFreak8899

In Your Imagination.



About
Hello all, I'm Taylor. September 12th is when I blow out the candles. My hobbies are music, writing, reading, sleeping, photography and anything else that is incredibly rad. Vintage and .. more..

Writing