Eventful Morning

Eventful Morning

A Chapter by MuSiCFreak8899
"

:))))

"

 The rest of the day went by quickly. Earl and I met up with our dear friend Mikayla and we chatted over some pasta and bread.

Mikayla asked as she dipped her last piece of bread in the pasta sauce, "So what have you guys been up to?"

 I drifted off, "Oh, nothing really. We haven't been able to see much sights or do anything yet in Italy."

 Mikayla cocked her head sideways, confused, "Why's that?"

 I honestly didn't know how to answer that. If I told the truth, that we were kidnapped by some homeless children, then she'd think we are crazy. I quickly looked at Earl for rescue. He was munching happily on the blasted bread, completely oblivious to what was happening. I stomped on his foot under the table, making it shake a little.

 Earl jumped, "Wha--uh?"

 Mikayla repeated, not noticing [or maybe ignoring?] my silent cry for help, "Why didn't you guys do much?"

 Earl made a 'o' shape with his mouth and replied, "Well you know, it took awhile to find the hotel and once we did we were tired, so we took a nap then came outside and just enjoyed the view and by that time we met you for dinner."

 After a moment of silence, I thought Mikayla didn't buy it. However, I saw her smile and nod her head, "It's always hard to settle in the first day."

 Win. Or rather save on Earl's part. I'm surprised he didn't stutter out that whole excuse. The place was closing soon.

 Earl called out the waiter, "Excuse me! May we have our check please!"

 In a matter of seconds, the waiter came with the check. I looked down at the bill while Earl was finishing the money out of his pocket. Fifty dollars? For what? Pasta and bread?! Somehow Earl has the money. He slapped it down.

 "Alright, let's get going!"

 All three of us walked out and slowly strolled to the hotel. Then I realized that we didn't leave a tip. Well, that's a place we won't revisit. Earl and I bid our 'good nights' to Mikayla, who is staying on the top floor. That lucky duck.

 Earl leaned against the war nearest to my door, "Well, today was an adventure, wasn't it?"

 I shrugged as I slid my door key in, "It was pretty interesting if you like being captured and tied up. And it's only the first day of being here."

 Earl patted my shoulder, "Don't get all up tight about it."

 I went into my room and turned around facing Earl, "Says the boy who still doesn't have a girlfriend and plays with action figures!"

 With that, I slammed the door with my foot. Outside I heard Earl complain, "It's a touchy subject!"

 I chuckled and sat on my bed, hopefully I'll be able to get to sleep....

 ---------------------------------

 I was wrong. Only slept for an hour, then spent the rest of the night tossing and turning in the Italian silk sheets. Around five a.m., light started to peak it's way through my window, shining on my face and bed. At least I'll be up soon and doing something then just laying here in my own boredom.

 Two hours later, I heard the bird's singing. I got up, yawning and stretching my tired muscles. I unlocked the bolt to my window and threw it open. Down below I saw people busily walking the streets. A nice breeze floated through the room. I shivered, remembering I was only in my night gown and quickly got dressed for another exciting [maybe] day.

 A few minutes later, I heard a faint knock at the door. Quickly shoving on my socks, I sprung up and opened it. It was Michelle. She was smiling brightly and holding a tray of food. Oh boy. Will I have to pay for this?

 Michelle said brightly, "Salve! Would you like in bed breakfast?"

 I raised my hands as if I was defending myself, "No thanks.."

 Michelle nodded and smiled yet again, "That's okay! Arrivederci!"

 Just like that, she was gone. I really hope she doesn't do that every morning. I flipped off the light, closed my door and slid the door key in my pocket. I quickly knocked on the door across from me, Earl's room. I heard a moan echo inside. The lazy boy is still sleeping? I knocked more urgently. Finally, the door was flung open to reveal a really tired Earl. He was a sight. His red brown hair was sticking out everywhere and I thought I saw the detect of drool on the side of his mouth.

 I said as cheerfully as Michelle would say, "Would you like a in bed breakfast?"

 Earl leaned against the door frame, "She already came to me."

 I replied mockingly, "I hope you didn't say yes, because I plan on eating in the dining room."

 Earl's sleepy answer was, "Sure..sure...just let me get dressed first."

 The door closed again and I heard Earl stumble and fumble inside to find some clean clothes. Boys. Once the noises ceased, Earl was back out again, closing the door.

 He said still in his dream daze, "Alright, let's get a move on."

 The dining hall was something to talk about. The huge white doors revealed a huge room with many round tables settled on random spots in the room. In front was a long square table with a white cloth on it. It displayed any breakfast food known to man. Earl, finally waking up, quickly dragged me to the table. His mouth was watering in hunger.

 Halfway through breakfast, Earl looked up at me, making his milk dribble down his chin, "Sleep well?"

 I lied, "Pretty good."

 He finished off his cereal and was about to dig into the muffin that was sitting beside me, however I shot out my hand and grabbed his wrist before he could.

 I tutted, "Eat anymore food and I swear you'll get sick."

 He rolled his eyes and argued, "Says the girl who only ate a muffin and some toast."

 "That's all I need. Whose hungry in the morning anymore?"

 Earl said grumbling, "Any normal human being..."

 I ignored his come back and cleared off our table and threw out the trash.

 I gestured for Earl to follow me out of the dining hall, "Come on let's go! We rarely did anything yesterday. We have some serious making up to do."

 Earl grumbled again as we walked past the front desk and Michelle's creepy but nice smile. We stopped out front, almost getting ran over by people rushing to get to their jobs.

 Earl asked, "Okay...where to?"

 I raised my eyebrows, "Asks the person with the map?"

 "Right...hey listen, since we didn't get a chance to see that old church...want to now?"

 I replied excited, "Sure!" With that, we were off.

 After taking pictures of the church, I snapped a few of the fountain. Can't forget that. Earl suggested we look at the rich people houses.

 I laughed confused, "Why?"

 Earl's reply was, "So that we can pretend we live in one."

 "Oh well. You should have said so!"

 We scanned the houses that seemed like snobby rich people would live in. I stopped in my tracks when I spotted the nicest looking house of all. It had many windows and a hug balcony. The front door was a black with gold knockers. I pointed,

 "This one!"

 Earl walked over to me and smiled after taking in the sight, "Oh if only."

 I laughed and snapped a picture. Something to bring home to the folks. Earl and I just took a few moments to observe the house. It's really big and beautiful. Whoever lives here must be in pure bliss. Suddenly, from the farthest window, I noticed the curtain move a little bit. Two brown eyes peaked out and stared down at us, very fearful I should add.

 I smacked Earl's shoulder slightly looking away for a second, "Hey Earl, look over there."

 I pointed to wear I saw the eyes and Earl looked up.

 "I don't see anything."

 Double taking, I stared hard at the window. Eh. It probably was just some maid or worker wondering what the hell we are doing staring at the house. Suddenly, I felt Earl tap my shoulder.

 "Well look who it is!"

I was afraid to ask who.

 



© 2009 MuSiCFreak8899


Author's Note

MuSiCFreak8899
So? Review :D?

Salve-Hi;hello

Arrivederci-good-bye

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

MuSiCFreak8899
MuSiCFreak8899

In Your Imagination.



About
Hello all, I'm Taylor. September 12th is when I blow out the candles. My hobbies are music, writing, reading, sleeping, photography and anything else that is incredibly rad. Vintage and .. more..

Writing