Breaking in, Getting Caught and Guns! Oh My!

Breaking in, Getting Caught and Guns! Oh My!

A Chapter by MuSiCFreak8899
"

lions, tigers, bears oh my!

"

 The kids passed by quickly on the boat. I stood there speechless, while Earl tensed on the spot, trying desperately to keep still.

 The artist said quickly, "Stay still! Stay still!"

 I looked over his shoulder, "Here's a twenty, can you just draw by memory?"

 The artist looked at me confused, then beamed once again. He was happy that I gave him more money. He simply replied with a thumb up, that cued Earl to get up. I grabbed his forearm and dragged him near the canal. I looked down and to my left, to see if the kids were still in view. No one. They were probably already at the house they want to rob.

 Earl asked looking down also, "You figure we should go and see?"

 "Why would we do that? I'm honestly tired of seeing them everywhere."

 Earl turned his gaze to me, grabbed my shoulders and shook me roughly, "Then it must mean that we should be involved! Fate is tapping on our shoulders!"

 I struggled to get away, "Yeah right! What kind of fate is that be anyway?"

 Earl replied smartly, "It WOULD make our summer here a lot more adventurous, and who knows... we might get some money too."

 I smacked his shoulder, "I swear Italy is making you go crazy! I really not in the mood to get a criminal record tonight, so sorry."

 Earl rolled his eyes, "Oh come on. Italy is making you nervous and a worry wart!"

 I just glared at him. Italy isn't making me like this. Those kids are. Reckless and on their own, I never thought I would see such a thing in real life. Only in cheap hollywood movies.

 I looked down at the canal again, a piece of paper slowly drifted by.

 Earl urged, "Come on..... it's just a look."

 "You know what? Fine. Just fine. Let's go before I change my mind."

 Earl smiled big, showing off his blue and red braces. What a dork. We quickly ran across the bridge and onto the other side of the canal. I pointed up ahead, when I saw the magazine stand. That's where the house would be. And that's where we would see the children break in. We adventured towards the house, Earl made sure to quietly close the gate behind him. There was a rope going up the wall. That's where they came from.

 Earl pointed to the electric box, "Seems like they cut the alarm."

 I said impressed as we stood in front of the door, "That's very clever."

 Earl silently put his hand on the door knob, he gestured me to be ultra silent by with a finger on his lips. I nodded, telling him I understand. Earl went in first, and I followed. The whole house was quiet and dark. Did they get what they needed and left already? No. The group wouldn't have just left the rope dangling there. I noticed, one of the doors was cracked open. I slightly hit Earl on the shoulder and turned his attention to the door.

 Earl whispered, "What if someone other than the kids are in there?"

 I gaped at him, "Are you really backing out now? After you basically said we need an adventure."

 Earl put his hand over my mouth, "Be a little more quieter, I might just pee my pants."

 This is totally something I am going to remember later and tease him for it. I stared at the panic on his face, I think I can see his forehead sweating. Oh lord. Please don't let him freak out, run out and leave me here. I encouraged Earl,

"It'll be fine. If it's not them, we just run. Got it?"

Earl gulped before nodding. We slowly retreated towards the door. If this was a scene is a movie, the music in the background would have been intense. So much more intense than a horror film. I grabbed the knob and pushed open the door. Inside, I heard fumbles and muffles screams. Flashlights bounced off the walls until they landed on us. It was the group.

 Hornet gasped, "What are you doing here?"

 Another awkward situation. I replied back, trying to sound as casual as possible, "We saw you speeding by on a boat on the empty canal. Don't blame us for seeing what you guys were up to."

 Mosca had his hand over Riccio's mouth, he struggled free and half whispered, half shouted, "I knew you guys were snoops!"

 Mosca looked disbelieving at us, while Prosper just gave us the stare.

 Earl regained his composure, "We left, because Victor left. I didn't think that you guys would come back and think we lied. Because we didn't."

 Prosper quickly whispered, "Close the door."

 I did as I was told. I quietly closed the door and turned back to the group. They didn't seem as mad as I thought they would be. More like happy that it wasn't the owner of the house. Earl edged toward the table,

 "What is all this stuff?"

 Hornet answered, "This lady is some kind of photographer."

 I looked down also, I noticed pictures of Bo and Prosper laying on the table. I also noticed Prosper death glaring at them. He sure is protective of his brother.

 Riccio broke the silence, "Well since you're hear, why don't you help us."

 I did a double take, "Woah, woah. Wait a second. That's really not a good idea.."

 Earl nudged me, "Why not Penelope? We're here already."

 Oh, here comes the 'adventurous' Earl again. I looked back at the kids, who were looking back at us. Maybe if we helped them, they would truly believe us again.

 I finally said, "Alright. I guess so."

 Suddenly the door swung open and the lights were turned on. All of our attention was turned to the door. There stood a woman with short blonde hair with a pretty angry look on her face. What scared me the most, was the gun in her hand.

 The woman said, "What do we have here?"

 Riccio squealed, "Please. Don't shoot us."

 The woman with the gun slightly lowered the gun again and stared hard at the children, "Aren't you the kids from the magazine stand? What? Here to steal my cameras?"

 Hornet replied nervous, "No! We're here for the wooden wing!"

 The woman completely lowered the gun to her side and was about to say something when something else interrupted that. The boy with the mask. Scipio. Holding a gun as well. Where are they getting all the guns?

 



© 2009 MuSiCFreak8899


Author's Note

MuSiCFreak8899
future chapters will have Scipio in them more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

MuSiCFreak8899
MuSiCFreak8899

In Your Imagination.



About
Hello all, I'm Taylor. September 12th is when I blow out the candles. My hobbies are music, writing, reading, sleeping, photography and anything else that is incredibly rad. Vintage and .. more..

Writing