The Journey

The Journey

A Chapter by MuSiCFreak8899
"

...to the merry go 'round.

"

 Mosca called out from the upstairs window, "Hornet's back!"

 All five of us walked towards the house, I noticed Prosper sulking outside on the step. Well he has a reason to. His little brother was taken away...forever? No, we'll get him back. Prosper looked up after seeing Hornet, he smiled and came up her hug in her welcome. I noticed their faces were slightly tinted red.

 Oh well, of course.

 Once we were all in Ida's house, Mosca and Riccio hugged Hornet, as it was a message saying, 'thank god you're back.'

 I sensed Earl stiffen as he noticed Riccio was in only a few inches from him. Two both our surprises, Riccio didn't even notice. Maybe he got over it?

 I spoke up, "That plan really worked."

 Prosper came into view, "We only need a plan to get Bo back..."

 Earl suggested, "We can steal him back!"

 Prosper shook his head sadly, "That's how this whole thing started in the first place."

 I asked curious, "Where is he anyway?"

 Victor answered, "He's staying at a hotel near here with his aunt and uncle."

 Prosper smiled slightly, "I've been watching them."

 Okay, I could say that is stalkerish, IF Prosper wasn't Bo's brother. In this situation, it causes for an 'aw'.

 Riccio scoffed, "First we go through all the trouble to get the stupid wooden wing, just to find out that they gave us funny money! Now we lost two people."

 Hornet cut in, "Well, one...now."

 Earl asked, "Who had the idea of giving funny money?"

 Mosca said, "Barbarossa. He's the one who got us involved in the first place."

 Hornet muttered angrily, "AND, he ratted us out."

 So that's the person who called the police on them. I must say this really sucks. For of, it's a huge disappointment, going all through that trouble and work for nothing. Then you lose something. Silence erupted among us. I can tell either of us knew what we were going to do next.

 ---------------------------

 I watched Earl basically lick off his plate at dinner. He set it down and used his napkin to wipe off any sauce that was left on his mouth. I simply stared down at my half eaten meat balls. I silently got up as the others were talking and eating. Dumping the food in the trash, I placed the dirty plate in the sink. I glanced over to the others, noticing Prosper just staring at his plate as well. Looks like he's not that hungry either.

 Earl walked up to me, placing his licked clean plate in the sink, "What are you thinking?"

 I shrugged giving him a look, "Nothing really."

 Earl smirked slightly, leaned in and whispered, "Really? Well I have been noticing you looking at Prosper quite often. Are you sure you're not thinking about him... can we say crush crush?"

 Ewwwwwwww! No offense to Prosper or anything, but I don't like him that way.

 I whispered as well, "No! I do not have a 'crush' on Prosper. How can you not look at him? He looks like a lost puppy. And besides, Prosper and Hornet have a thing for each other."

 Earl chuckled, "I understand Prosper is down. I just simply thought you liked him. No harm done. Then what about that richie Scipio?"

 "Why do you suddenly care about my love life?"

 He simply shrugged, "I'm just wondering. I think I should know since I'm you're best friend and all."

 I leaned against the counter, "Okay then. What about YOUR love life. Since I'm YOUR best friend, I think I should know too."

Earl blushed slightly, "There isn't one."

 "HA? Really? The color on your face says differently. Who is it? Hornet? Sorry she's taken without even knowing it."

 Earl rolled his eyes, "No."

 I insisted, "Then who is it?"

 "No one."

 I laughed a little bit louder, "Yeah right."

 Out of the blue Ida came into view. She was carrying empty plates. I quickly moved out of her way, looking slightly awkward. Did she hear our conversation? As Ida turned the water on, cleaning off any left over food on the plate, she said,

 "What's up you two? Seems like you were secretly gossiping about something?"

 Earl quickly replied, [way to blow cover], "Nah. Not really."

 Ida raised her eyebrow at us, "If you say so."

 With that she walked over to the other side of the kitchen to make tea.

 I turned and glared at Earl, "Way to go."

 His smart aleck reply was, "Sure, richie boy lover."

 I laughed again, completely amused that he has the idea that I like Scipio, "Where did you get that idea that I like him? I think he's pretty rude."

 Earl mocked, batting his eye lashes like a girl in a romantic movie would, "And SOOO misunderstood!"

 I sighed, "You're so IMPOSSIBLE. What happened to that boy who was actually not DARING at all?"

 "I'll say it again. Italy changed some parts of me."

I teased, "It increased your annoying level."

Earl pretended he was going to throw some water at me from the kitchen. I quickly ran into the living room, laughing.

 --------------------------

 A fire was blazing in the fire place, everyone around me was sleeping. Why can't I get to sleep? Well, I think having Earl's stinky feet basically in your face uncomfortable. I honestly don't think my personal space bubble even exists anymore. I rolled my eyes as I tried yet again to push his feet away from me. No movement. Earl is such a deep sleeper. I heard a faint 'click' go off. My head snapped up and I looked around, my eyes alert for what caused that noise. When I found nothing, I relaxed my muscles and snuggled back into the couch.

 I was finally about to go to sleep when I heard a faint 'thud' this time. I jumped slightly and looked to where the noise came from. There, was a figure. It was dark in the room, but the light of the fire help me spot dark brown eyes.

 I gasped, "Ah!"

 Scipio hushed me, "Don't wake everyone up!"

 I just sat in shock/silence as he crept over to Prosper and hastily tapped him on his bare shoulder. Did I mention he sleeps without a shirt on? Prosper sprung to life, his eyes resting on Scipio.

 Prosper whispered, "Wha--?"

 Scipio interrupted, "Come with me."

 Prosper silently and carefully lifted himself from his covers and stepped over the sleeping bodies. They were about to go out the window where Scipio had come from, when suddenly...

 Earl spoke up with alert, "Hey! Where do you think you're going?"

 Scipio just cast a glare at him, "Somewhere."

 I stared at both Prosper and Scipio, "You're going to the Merry go round aren't you?"

 Prosper asked confused, "We are?"

 Scipio sighed, "Yes, Prosper you go out first. I'll explain."

 Prosper obeyed and silently climbed out the window, Scipio was about to, when I interrupted him,

 "Let us go with you, or we'll wake everyone up."

 Earl cast me a confused look. I ignored it. Scipio turned around, probably going to say 'no', however rethought his decision. Everyone was in the room sleeping, I can easily just make a sound to wake them up.

 Scipio finally returned, "Fine."

 I snapped Earl out from his sleepy daze and urged him to go out the window. He did, but before giving Scipio another glare. Scipio mockingly/annoyed bowed slightly

 "Ladies first."

 I rolled my eyes and climbed out the window, soon followed by Scipio who closed the window, careful not to wake anyone up.

 Prosper broke the silence, "Why are we going back?"

 Scipio walked pasted me, towards the boat that was floating near the steps, "No one will ever listen to us if we're children. We have to become adults, take the ride of a life time."

 Prosper looked down at Scipio as he boarded the boat first. He cautiously followed his suit.

 Scipio said over his shoulder, "Well. Are you coming?"

 I nodded slightly and jumped on boat, Earl followed my lead. Scipio and Prosper were in the front, while Earl and I were in the back. As Scipio started the boat and started to drive away, Earl mockingly started to pucker his lips and do a little kissy face. Well that's not amusing.

 I smacked Earl's arm, who uttered an 'ouch.'

 Scipio asked, "Everything okay back there?"

 I muttered, "Yeah."

 Earl mocked me, using his girly voice, "Yeah."

 Why did I want to go on this little trip in the first place? Oh yes, to see the wooden merry go 'round of course. I really want to see if this thing works, which I doubt it does. For the rest of the ride, I ignored Earl's mocking gestures and taunts.

 



© 2009 MuSiCFreak8899


Author's Note

MuSiCFreak8899
give me your opinion?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

MuSiCFreak8899
MuSiCFreak8899

In Your Imagination.



About
Hello all, I'm Taylor. September 12th is when I blow out the candles. My hobbies are music, writing, reading, sleeping, photography and anything else that is incredibly rad. Vintage and .. more..

Writing