Riccio Has A New Hero

Riccio Has A New Hero

A Chapter by MuSiCFreak8899
"

Earl.

"

 Ida called at us from the boat, the others are boarding, "Are you coming?"

 Earl answered, "Yeah!"

 We both boarded the boat, Earl and I on the other side while the others were huddled together. I whistled slightly and pretended to be distracted by other boats floating by us. I could feel eyes on me. Damn. Ever since we met that Scipio, I felt like I was being watched like an animal. Earl didn't seem to mind Scipio, he was way too interested in their plan.

 Earl asked curious, "So...what's the plan?"

 Ida looked over at us and replied, "I was thinking, we would follow the Conte and he'll lead us to the merry go round...."

 Scipio stood up and announced, "We'll do what Ida says."

 Riccio jumped up and pushed Scipio slightly, "Who asked you? Go home thief lord, back to that great big posh house of yours."

 Earl gasped, "A richie!"

 Hornet pulled down Riccio, scolding him for his rudeness. I saw Riccio cast Earl a look of new respect. Oh lord. Scipio stared at us before sitting back down again. He takes blows well. Silence erupted.

 Earl brought up, "So...what do we get for helping you..?"

 Scipio shot back, "I haven't really seen you help, so the answer is nothing."

 My eyes widen, "Uhm--..."

 Earl's face was red with embarrassment and anger, "We could have easily gone to the police after being let go."

 Prosper eyes widen as well and everyone expect Ida stared at him with shock.

 I smacked him on the arm, "No we wouldn't have."

 Riccio defended us, "Yeah! At least they didn't lie about themselves!" He casted a glare at Scipio. Yay! I don't think he wants to kill us anymore. I patted Earl on the hand as his normal face color returned.

 I advised, "Just don't talk for awhile.."

 As we were leaving the boat, I heard Scipio mutter to himself, "So they're not snoops?"

 I looked at him, "No. We're not."

He gave me a surprised look, I guess that question was only meant for him. I walked over to Earl who was talking to the artist we met not all ago.

 Artist complained, "And you just leave me here!"

 Earl replied, "Something came up, Penelope give the man another twenty."

 "What? No way! I already gave him seventy dollars!"

 The artist just shoved the picture of Earl into my hands, "Just take it, and PLEASE don't come back." With that he packed his stuff and hurried off. Maybe we should have came to him earlier.

 I turned back to the group, who were looking quite sleepy might I add. I noticed, Ida disappeared, she probably went home.

 I spoke up, "Well.. this is goodbye I guess..?"

 Earl shrugged, "I really don't think there is a need for us anymore..."

 I bickered at him, "There wasn't a need for us at all!"

 Riccio grabbed Earl's forearm, "You can't leave! You can help us get the money and stay at the theater!"

 Oh my god. I honestly think Earl is Riccio's new Scipio. I sighed.

 Earl raised his eyebrow, "Yeah..sure sure..."

 I gave Earl a look to 'get ready, set run!'. Earl 'accidently' dropped the painting and went over to pick it up, but then did a double take, grabbed my arm and started running the the other direction as fast as he could. I could hear Riccio's cries of protest and Bo's laughter even when we were out of view. I stopped, breathing heavily.

 "That, was INSANE!"

 Earl nodded, regaining his breath, "First, the boy hates me. Now he's giving me that creepy 'you're my hero' vibe."

 I replied, "It's because you yelled at the 'so called thief lord' that he hates."

 "Maybe I really should have kept my mouth shut."

 Rolling my eyes, I snapped, "You think?"

 We were on our way back to the hotel. How were we going to help anyway? It seems like they have everything worked out for themselves. Honestly, I think we would be a heavy weight. But, I have a feeling, now that Riccio thinks Earl is some kind of hero, we'll be hearing from them again soon.

 Earl pointed to the house that I took a picture of earlier, "Richie house!"

 I laughed. Suddenly, we heard foot steps behind us. Hopefully it isn't Riccio. I turned around to be met with dark brown eyes. Oh man.

 Scipio looked at us surprised, "What are you doing here?"

 I replied as Earl glared, "Just walking back to the hotel.."

 Scipio's eyes flickered to Earl then me, "Oh...well okay."

 He stepped back and advanced towards the dream house. Wait, he lives THERE?!

 Earl made him stop in his tracks, "You live here?"

 Scipio turned around, clearly annoyed, "Yes."

 I stated, "I bet your life treats you well."

 Scipio opened the door and frowned a bit, "I wouldn't say that.."

 I was about to ask what he meant, when a loud booming voice distracted my intentions.

 "SCIPIO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT AGAIN?!"

 A man with blonde hair and a scowl planted on his face, jumped out from inside and grabbed Scipio's arm.

 Scipio whimpered a bit, "Just enjoying the view..."

 The man noticed us standing there, he shouted at us, "YOU THERE! LEAVE!!!! YOU FLITHY LITTLE RATS!"

 Earl and I just stared at the two wide eyed, our jaws dropped. The man glared at us more, then pulled Scipio inside and slammed the door.

 "I really don't think life treats him well."

 I turned to him, agreeing, "Money doesn't always bring happiness."

 --------------------------

The next day, I was woken by Michelle, who yet again asked if I wanted bed breakfast. YET again I politely refused and met Earl in the dining area, who was shoving a muffin down his throat.

 His voice was muffled, "Goo' 'orning."

 I laughed, "English please."

 He swallowed it fully and replied, "I know you understood what I said."

 I shrugged happily and grabbed my own muffin.

 "Hungry today?"

 I peeled the paper from the muffin and took a bite, "A adventurous day, can really make a person hungry."

 He realized I was mocking him and tried to grab my muffin.

 I laughed, "No way!"

Some old people gave us glares, they were probably thinking that we were going to start a food fight. Ha! Maybe we should now.

 



© 2009 MuSiCFreak8899


Author's Note

MuSiCFreak8899
Yeah, sorry for such a uninteresting chapter. I promise the next chapter will be VERY exciting.!



My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on August 20, 2009
Last Updated on August 20, 2009


Author

MuSiCFreak8899
MuSiCFreak8899

In Your Imagination.



About
Hello all, I'm Taylor. September 12th is when I blow out the candles. My hobbies are music, writing, reading, sleeping, photography and anything else that is incredibly rad. Vintage and .. more..

Writing