Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Shantel Moore

   Their eyes locked on to each others. He look vaglly familar, she just couldnt place how. They stood there staring at each other. I wish i knew if that was him or not. She thought to herself. She slowly reached for her phone. Maybe this will help, she thought as she sent him a text.

   She then placed her phone slowly back into her pocket. Not moving her gaze from the stranger. He reached into his pocket and pulled his phone out. Thats odd.

   He slowly worked his way over to the center of the stage. She followed. Is he knew in town? Does he know me? Why is he here in the middle of rehershal if he is new?

   He slowly started walking a little faster. She stopped right where she was and thought about running. Wait if i run how will i know?

  "Hey."

  "Hi?"

  "You new in town or something? Because i know everyone here at this park and you have never been seen here before."

   "I'm not new i just am visiting some family, and was planning on suprising my girlfriend. But i have no clue how to get around this place. So i dont know how t get to her house."

  Shoild i help? Is he being honest? Is he a creeper? "Whats the address?"

  "Oh uh here its written on this paper." He reached into his pocket a pulled out a folded envelope.

  She was hesitant at reaching for the envelope. She grabbed it from him. Her eyes widen whne she saw the address. That looks like mine, but , wait....

  "Jake?" She said with a hint of shakiness in her voice.

  "Yes. Wait how did you know my name?"

  "I know you. I mean we talk all the time."

  "Ashley?!"

   "Mhm."

   She was shaking. I cant believe it. She felt her legs turn to jello underneath her, but before she could fall she reached for a wall.

   "Are you ok? You look sick?"

   "Not sick, just in shock."

   "Why?"

   "Nevermind."

   "Your so weird love."

   He called me love? So we are together?

   "You ok hun? You got quiet."

   "Im fine just thinking"

   I cant believe this. i mean im not even well dolled up or anything. But things usually happen when you least expect it. Maybe we can hang out while he is here. Maybe i can go on a real date and not one of those school dances type of date for once. The only thing is, is i have to be the one to make the move. I know it will take me a bit to gather the courage and get going but i think i can do it.

   "So um Jake i have a question?"

   " Shoot."

   "Do you maybe want to hang out tonight. You know like watch a movie or just chill type of thing?"

   "Sure. I would love to. I'll run it by my parents and see what they say."

   "Ok." I have never felt my face turn as red as it did. it made red pens or cherries or anything that is a very creamy red look like it was only a pink.

   "Does your face always turn red like that?"

   "Uh only when i uh sometimes. I guess it depends on what triggers it."

   "Oh and did i happen to trigger it?' He asked with a sly grin on his face.

   "Uh you can say that."



© 2011 Shantel Moore


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a sly guy! This story is cute so far and love how the chapters are short so I don't feel overwhelmed!

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like this

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 14, 2011
Last Updated on April 21, 2011
Previous Versions


Author

Shantel Moore
Shantel Moore

Boise, ID



About
Writing is in my blood Its how i communicate. Welcome to my world. Enjoy the ride of Emotions, situations, and thoughts. Im just as crazy as you would expect. more..

Writing
UnTitled UnTitled

A Story by Shantel Moore