Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Shantel Moore

"so ashley? does your parents know you and jake are going out?" Mrs. Smith asked me at the dinenr table.

"Um my mom does and i dont know if she told my dad. um i dont really see or talk to my dad much considerrring he lives in Texas."

"Oh so your parents are divorced then?"

i looked down at my plate and felt Jake squeeze my hand... "Um no... my parents never got married... my dad he uh proved he wasnt good for me." i felt tears  leak from my eyes like water from a faucet.

"Oh. So its just you and your mom then?"

"And my sister. but now it just seems like me and my mom. my sister stays away from us. she stays trapped in her room."

"Ah."

i felt the awkward silence bother me a bit. i hated being ask questions like that. it made me feel not good enough for someone.

"So Ashley what do you like to do for fun?" Mr. Smith asked looking at his wife.

"Oh i write and sing a little. i use to play basketball but with my legs and ankles so weak its nearly impossible anymore."

"Hmmm. A singer and writer.. Sounds like you Jake."

"Yeah dad i know."

"He acts also." i said looking at Jake.

"We know. he is pretty talented."

"I think he is amazing. i mean not just at acting but singing and writing."

it got silent again and the look that Jake was recieving from his parents told me to keep quiet.

"Yeah he is good like i said."

Good?? He is amazing. didnt they hear me?

i stood up from the table and left.

"Ashley? Wait?" he turned and faced his parents "thank you for such a wonderful dinner." he stated with extra sarcaism.

"Do your parents always do that to you or is just when i say something?"

"Guess it depends."

"Well its rediculuas. what is it so hard for them to say my son is talented?"

"They dont want me to act or sing. they dont care about writing its just the others."

"So what? your suppose to pretend your not talented at acting?"

"I dont hide it."

"Well you could have fooled me because i needed suport back there and you just excepted what was said."

"Im sorry."

"Your always sorry. why not instead of appologizing for once you show it."

"If i stand up to my parents i wont have a place to stay. im saving money i just have to put up with this for a few more months and then..."

"A few more months? you cant do that. your setting your self up for them to win. thats what they want is you here for a few more months that way they can break you and make you what they want. is that fair to you?"

"Look, if i leave where would i stay? with you? your mom wouldnt let that happen. i cant afford a place."

"How much do you have?'

"I dont know a few thousand why?"

"thats plenty on getting an apartment. and you know it. why really arent you leaving?



© 2011 Shantel Moore


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on November 1, 2011
Last Updated on November 11, 2011


Author

Shantel Moore
Shantel Moore

Boise, ID



About
Writing is in my blood Its how i communicate. Welcome to my world. Enjoy the ride of Emotions, situations, and thoughts. Im just as crazy as you would expect. more..

Writing
UnTitled UnTitled

A Story by Shantel Moore