Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A Chapter by Shantel Moore

Sleep wasn’t going to come easy to me tonight. I could already tell. Jake was asleep next to me, his arms wrapped around me. So obviously moving wasn’t going to be a possibility. I looked at the clock then back at the ceiling. The room was devoured in black, so thick you could hardly see what was next to you. I closed my eyes but even then my mind was still going at top speed. It was hard to imagine Jake worried about me leaving him for another guy. I mean I believe him but I feel he isn’t telling me the whole truth about me and Sam talking. He worries me sometimes. Secrets are one thing I can’t stand in a relationship and yet it seems me and Jake have so many. I know he is keeping stuff from me. And its not like I’m not, but at least I can admit it he just won’t. I checked the clock again it was three-thirty in the morning. Wow time flies when you thinking.

Every not and then I could feel Jake move. As the sun peep over the mountains and into the window I could see him a little clearer. He looked peaceful and untouched. I smiled as I watched him. Maybe this is how I looked when I sleep.

*           *                *

I must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I knew it was bright. It took me a few minutes to realize I had just woken up from a deep sleep that I don’t sleep.

“Wow I didn’t think you were going to ever wake up.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Well you crashed hard last night or should I say early this morning?”

“Ok you got me. I didn’t get to sleep until well I can’t remember. All I know is that my head hurts.”

“Well when you crash hard it tends to do that.”

“No duh.”

“And note to self it makes Ashley a little bit cranky.”

“I’m not cranky!”

“Babe? You’re yelling.”

“Sorry. I can’t even hear myself think.”

“I’m sorry love.”

“It’s fine.”

I got out of bed trying to stand, but then remembered I can’t with out my boot.

“You might want this.” Jake said sitting me back down. He slipped the metal boot on my leg. It was cold and heavy. It was like a steal leg I could remove.

“I hate this. Why do I have to wear this?”

“Because the doctor said so love.”

“Well screw the doctor.”

“Babe?”

“What?”

“Calm down.”

“But..”

He gave me a worried look, “Please?”

“Fine.”

I walked into his sister’s room once more. Grabbing the normal shorts and tank top. This time the shorts were white and the tank looked like a rainbow threw up on it. It had color’s splattered all over it. I slipped on the same flat as yesterday.

I stumbled out of the room. Only to fine I would be tripping over my boot an staring directly at the bluish carpet.

“F**k!” I yelled it letting the whole house know I was not in a good mood.

Jake ran out of the room, “Ash are you ok?”

“I’m…” I started shaking, “Fine.” I finished.

“Your shaking really bad.”

“Yup and that is because I am mad and I want to scream really bad but I wont.”

“Well I think the whole house is awake after this love.”

I glared at him, “I’m sorry.”



© 2012 Shantel Moore


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

97 Views
Added on November 11, 2011
Last Updated on January 9, 2012


Author

Shantel Moore
Shantel Moore

Boise, ID



About
Writing is in my blood Its how i communicate. Welcome to my world. Enjoy the ride of Emotions, situations, and thoughts. Im just as crazy as you would expect. more..

Writing
UnTitled UnTitled

A Story by Shantel Moore