Love And Pain

Love And Pain

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

An ANN THE VAMPIRE story.

"

    Tyler and Justin settled easily into their new existence as vampires. They couldn't be more happy and content. Ann didn't worry so much now for their safety when they went out on their trap lines or when they went on long sled rides just for fun with their huskies.

     Julie adjusted to her new immortality after easily getting past how she had been created. The violence that had taken place before her actual turning didn't leave any damage or scars. For Sammie it was different. Everything about being a vampire was hard for her.

     One night as they all sat on their front porch watching the snow falling Sammie started sobbing. Ann rustled her ebony wings as she looked sadly at Sammie. Eddie heaved a big sigh. Sammie curled up into a ball, sobbing loudly. Tyler, Justin and Julie who were sitting on one of the front steps of the porch turned to look at the crying vampire.

     “What's wrong with her now?” Tyler asked.

     “She's having a hard time.” Ann replied.

     “But she's always having a hard time!”

     “I know Tyler.” Ann said.

     “She's mentally ill, vampire style.” Justin said.

     Julie nodded, “Yup. She can't accept the wonderful gifts of being a vampire. I appreciate them.”

     Eddie went to Sammie and easily picked her up, “I'll take her inside and put her in her bed.”

     “Thanks Eddie.” Ann said.

     Eddie looked at Ann sadly, “I don't know about this one...”

     Ann nodded in agreement.

     After Eddie went inside with the still sobbing Sammie, Tyler asked his mom, “Why is she like that, crying all the time? Really, I mean. Vampire mental illness?”

     “I think this is the end result of the way she was made. She knows she wasn't meant to survive so it's affected her negatively. And she can't get past that to see anything good about being Immortal. And probably there is much more going on that we don't even know about.” Ann answered.

    “But I was made the same way.” Julie said, looking at Ann.

     “Yes you were Julie. But the gifts of being a vampire are a positive for you. Drinking blood isn't seen as a big negative like it is for Sammie. You will do what you have to to survive and do it gladly. You're not fighting your new existence.” Ann said to her.

     “I wonder why Sammie doesn't see things like being young forever, never suffering old age or getting sick or dying as good things?” wondered Julie. “I sure do.”

     “Or seeing history as it happens.” added Tyler.

     “It is wonderful, being a vampire.” said Justin. “I'm very happy I'm not going to become an old man.”

     “Me too.” agreed Tyler.

     “I'm glad I'm not ever going to be an old lady.” Julie said.

     Ann felt sad for a moment. She felt blood tears pool in her eyes. Tyler noticed. He got up and went and sat beside his mother. He took one of her hands in his. “What is it Mom?”

     Ann sniffed a few times, rustling the feathers of her ebony wings. She took a deep breath and wiped the blood tears from her eyes. “I was just remembering.”

     “What Mom? What were you remembering?” Tyler asked.

     Justin and Julie watched, concern on their pale faces.

     “I was remembering how I became a vampire.” She looked at Tyler, then Justin. “There is much sadness in my story, for you Tyler and you too Justin. I have never told you the full story. Now I will. I feel it is time and I feel you're both ready.”

     From inside the house they heard a high pitched scream from Sammie. Outside from where they were sitting on the porch they heard an owl whooting from the dark shadowy forest. Further away a pack of wolves howled. Large snowflakes continued to silently fall in a swirling pattern. From the kennels they heard the restless sounds of the huskies.

     “I was married and had you Tyler. I loved my husband but after your birth Tyler he became angry. The anger turned to violence. We separated and I filed for divorce. Before we could be divorced the judge told us to try and solve our problems. We tried but it didn't work. He only got worse. We separated again. He became more violent, stalking me and threatening me. I got restraining orders against him but they didn't work. He repeatedly violated them and the police had to take him away. Whatever happened to him at those times I don't know. He was always back, threatening me again and again. This went on for 11 months. I was always upset. He was so violent in his threats to kill me but the law couldn't do anything to him until he actually physically did something violent to me. Then he did kill me, murdered me. Shooting me to death, six or seven bullets he put in me. It took a month before I could be buried. I was kept frozen so I couldn’t rise. This I knew but what legal stuff was going on that prevented me from being buried I don't know. I rose from my grave a short time after finally being buried a starving vampire. I was so starved I felt like I was insane. It was Blood Lust. I needed blood like I've never needed anything before.

     I wandered from the cemetery and found myself on a road. A car was coming. I pretended like I was in distress. They stopped to help, bless them their concern and caring. I killed the young couple and drained them of their life giving blood. They died. Once their blood was in me I felt such relief and I felt my sanity returned. It was then I realized there was a baby in the back seat.” Ann paused and looked at Justin. “That baby was you Justin. I didn't leave you there. I took you with me. You became mine and I named you Justin.

     Tyler, you were living with my oldest sister and I went and stole you away from her. You didn't belong with her. You are mine. She was in the process of becoming your legal guardian. I don't know what happened as a result of my taking you back Tyler. I never tried to find out. I brought you both up here to Alaska. As you know, we've been here ever since. Eddie joined us along the way.” Ann fell silent. No one said anything. Even the night around them had fallen silent; it was as if the world was holding its breath, waiting.

     “Oh Mom!” cried Tyler, he put his arms around her, hugging her tight.

     Justin took a deep breath, not sure how he felt yet he knew he didn't feel any anger or resentment toward Ann. He went to her and hugged her too. “It's okay Mom. It's okay.”

     “I'm so relieved you aren't mad at me Justin. I worried sometimes.” Ann said, her voice tight with trying to hold back a sob.

     “Never mom. It's awful what happened to you. It's such a sad story but we're all happy now.” Justin said.

     “Yes we are.” agreed Tyler.

     “I love you, my sons.”

     “I love you forever Mom.” Tyler said.

     “I love you Mom.” Justin said.

     Julie stood. “I'm happy to be part of your family. This clan. I love you all.”

Ann held her hand out to Julie who quickly came to her and placed her hand in Ann's. They accepted Julie into their group hug. Ann held them all close.  They were a clan. Six members if Sammie made it. Ann worried about the deeply disturbed vampiress. They'd all do anything they could to help Sammie and her emotional disturbance. They were a clan and they'd do what ever it took to help their own.



© 2014 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
In loving memory of my sister Ann M. Kline.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool write. I like your pen upon it, I like the caring nature within the vampire clan. A nicely crafted story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Enjoyable chapter in the life of Ann. I really liked this one with the added characters and the conflict they cause. Makes this chapter interesting indeed!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice to read how Ann and her Vampire family are doing. Enjoyable read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Good job on this story of Ann. We get to see again by her telling how she became a vampire as he explains to Tyler and Justin what happened that brought them all to where they are now. Good storytelling.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
4 Reviews
Added on December 29, 2012
Last Updated on December 2, 2014


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline