Reflections

Reflections

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

An ANN THE VAMPIRE story.

"

    The virgin snow sparkled with blue, green, red and purple as the Aurora borealis overhead shifted in the solor winds. Ann and Eddie stood and looked out their glass wall onto the snowy winter night. The nearby pine and Douglas fir tress partially blocked the view but only created another breathtaking counter view.

     “Coming here was the best thing we could have done.” Ann said.

      Eddie put his arm round her waist. “Yes. This place is perfect for us. We have plenty of room here for those living with us.”

      Ann smiled. “Even the huskies are happy. They live inside more than in the kennels now.”

Eddie chuckled, “They're more like pets than working dogs now.”

     “They're happy. That's what counts.”

     “I don't miss their barking from the kneels.”

     “Neither do I.” Ann said.

     They heard Tyler and Justin leave the house. The husky pack with them. The dogs excited barking was loud in the snowy winter night. Ann and Eddie looked at each other. Then burst out laughing.

      “We'll always having barking husky dogs around here.” Eddie said.

      “Yes, I’m afraid you're right.” Ann said. “Let's go see what the boys are up too.”

      When Ann and Eddie stepped out on the porch they found Tyler and Justin trowing snowballs at each other, looking like two young humans having fun in the snow with their excited dogs jumping about and barking.

      Except these two young men wore no gloves on their hands, were bare footed, wore jeans and short sleeve T-shirts and no head coverings or scars. Any human seeing them would think them mad or insane. Weather, winter or summer or anything in between didn't bother vampires. They were immune to it.

      “Good thing we live out of any mortal's eyes.” Ann said.

      “Yes, that's true.” Eddie agreed.

      Ann laughed and put her hands together, enjoying the sight of her boy's enjoying themselves in the snow. Julie and Sara come out to join them.

      “Oh! How fun!” Julie said. She hurried down the porch steps to join the snow ball fight. She wasn't dressed for winter weather either. No gloves, no warm hat, but she wore shoes, tennis shoes.

      She joined the snowball fight, her husky dog barking in excitement and jumping about, kicking up snow with its paws.. The weather was frigid and no human could have lasted long in it without the proper protective clothing like the vampires easily did.

      “I'm hungry.” Ann said.

      Eddie looked down at her, “Time to hunt?”

     “Oh, I don’t know.” Ann looked up at Eddie. “I haven't made much use of the bagged blood. How about us getting a mug full of warm blood and go up to our room and enjoy it there? We can watch the Northern Lights while sipping our blood”

      Eddie smiled. “I like that idea. Enjoying our meal at our leisure.”

      “Yes, it won' taste the same as from the vein...but we can get use to this....different flavor.”

      “I agree.” Eddie said.

      They headed down to the blood room and quickly filled large soup mugs with blood and heated them up in the microwave, one at a time. Then they returned to their room.

      They both sat cross legged on the bed, sipping their blood. “This is perfect.” Ann sighed.

      “Yes, the view out our glass wall is outstanding.” He sipped his blood then took a gulp. “Gotta drink it while its warm.”

      “Yeah.” Ann took a gulp, then another. Gazing out the window she noticed several snow flakes drifting down.”It's snowing...again.”

      “It's always snowing here.”

      “Yes, but its so beautiful.” Ann replied.

      “Always.”

      Ann finished her blood and set her mug on the nightstand on her side of the bed. Eddie set his empty mug on his nightstand.

     “It's the holidays again.” Ann said.

     “Yes it is. Our house looks like Thanksgiving.”

     “Now its time to make our house look like Christmas.” Ann said. “And go gift shopping.”

     “Now we have Sara with us this year.” Eddie said.

     “Yes.” Ann smiled. “I'm pleased our clan is growing.”

      “As I am.” Eddie said. “So far we've no hint of vampire hunters sniffing around are territory.”

      “And we'll stay alert and ever vigilant.”

     “We will.” Eddie agreed.

      “Jake's werewolf pack is also on the alert for vampire hunters or any other danger to both of us, vampires and werewolves.”

      “We are lucky his pack is our friends. Thanks to you.”

     “Jake helped me when I was in trouble. I helped him when he was in trouble. We are friends now. I'm part of his pack and under its protection.”

     Eddie hugged her close, “I love you Ann.”

     “I love you Eddie. I love Tyler, and Justin. And I love Sara and Julie. They are all are our family, our clan.”

      “Yes.” Eddie said gazing out the glass wall as the snow falling grew heavier and the Northern Lights continued to flickered and shifted in the solar winds.  “Our happy family here in Alaska.”

      Ann rested her head on his shoulder and sighed contently, feeling life was a okay. Those painful, hurtful days that had brought her to Alaska so long ago almost seemed like another life time now. And she was glad, grateful and so glad.




© 2014 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
IN memory of my sister Ann M. on her birthday December 2. You are so very missed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great tale in the ongoing tales of Ann The Vampire.
I enjoyed this chapter and tribute to Ann.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice chapter with some very beautiful nature images in it. And a nice tribute Ann.
Over all, a nice collection of stories in her memory.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the reviews. Much appreciated!!
Nice work. You have good storytelling skills. Looking forward to reading more about Ann.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A nice story in memory of your sister. One I enjoyed a lot. Awesome work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 2, 2014
Last Updated on December 2, 2014


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline