Vampire Friends

Vampire Friends

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Ann meets with Sara again and a true friendship is developing between the two.

"

     Ann flew over the cold frozen Alaskan landscape. It was a very cold night and Ann was dressed for the weather but vampires didn’t really need to protect themselves from the cold except in subfreezing temperatures. If they were out in subfreezing temperatures   for too long vampires suffered the pain of prolonged exposure. Ann glided along, her black feathered wings unfurled wide, moving only as much as needed to stay airborne and heading in the direction she desired.

    Ann was going to meet Sara, a vampire she had met a while back who looked to be in her late twenties or early thirties when she had been turned, her hair long and black, her eyes green and she was plump and curvy. They had become sort of friends.

    So far their clans had not yet met. Ann was concerned for Tyler and Justin since they weren’t vampires yet. Ann felt it best to keep that fact a secret.

    The Aurora Borealis flickered and hissed in the icy cold sky. This Aurora was a deep crimson color and was spreading like spilled blood being pushed along by the solar winds. Ann thought this display quite pretty and she enjoyed its beauty as she soared along.

    Tyler and Justin were at home asleep, or hopefully asleep. Actually they had adopted a nocturnal lifestyle. Lately they were awake more at night than day. Ann couldn’t go out during the day and neither could Eddie so her two sons stayed awake at night to spend time with her and Eddie. Ann didn’t worry too much anymore about her two boys who were teenagers now. They knew how to take care of themselves in the wilds of Alaska. They spent a lot of time out with their husky sled dogs, part of the time trapping to earn extra money and to bring home meat for themselves and their dogs. When they reached 18 years of age they both wanted to become vampires and Ann agreed to turn them.

    Ann was quickly approaching the place where she would meet Sara. It was out in nowhere, so to speak, a few miles outside Umiat. It was far enough away from both their clans so no serious territorial disputes should erupt.

    Ann and Sara both agreed that wasn’t likely to happen since they were slowly building a friendship. They’d be helping to defend each other from other clans and supporting each other in what ever ways were needed eventually.

    Ann started her spiraling descent, casting her gaze over the white landscape that was painted crimson from the shifting and buzzing Aurora above that was still spreading outward. Perhaps that’s an illusion, Ann told herself. She continued descending and spotted Sara.

    The vampire waved both arms at Ann like she was an incoming plane. Ann smiled at that. After landing gently in the snow Ann folded her black wings against her back.

    Sara darted forward. “Hi Ann! I’m glad you could make it.”

   They hugged tightly. “I managed to get away. A hunt with a friend will be nice.”

    “I think so too.” said Sara. “Even vampire girls need a girl’s night out.”

    “Yes we do!” agreed Ann. She looked around. No signs of humans around here and she was blood hungry.

    “Where shall we hunt?” asked Sara. She swept her hand out in front of her. “Nothing but snow here for miles.”

    “How about Fairbanks? We can even slip down to the North Pole and hit Christmas town!”

    They both shrieked with laughter at Ann’s joke.

    “Feed on Santa. Wonder what elf blood tastes like, we can go find out.” said Sara.

    “Probably make us sick. It would sour in our tummies. Not compatible at all.” said Ann.

    They shrieked with laughter some more then they became serious.

    “Let’s hunt then we can chat afterwards. I’m very hungry.” said Sara.

    “So am I so let’s go.” agreed Ann.

    They lifted off into the air and headed for Fairbanks Alaska to hunt for prey. Ann’s black feathered wings unfurled wide as did Sara’s. They flew side by side but didn’t chat much. They had a lot of miles to cover so were flying at high speed. But they were both enjoying the companionship of each other.

    Once in Fairbanks they each found two victims a piece to fill up on so they wouldn’t have to kill to get enough blood. It wouldn’t do to leave a lot of dead people lying around with holes in their necks and drained of blood. Leaving their victims alive enabled the holes to heal rapidly, on a dead body the holes took longer to heal and that left plenty of time for the body to be discovered with the holes still there. Once they were finished they went to the edge of the city.

    “Shall we fly back up north?” Sara suggested.

    “Yes, I don’t want to linger here for long. Let’s find a quiet secluded spot to chat for a while.”

    They took to the air, unfurling their wings and with powerful rapid strokes they sped north very quickly. Clouds had covered the sky, blocking out the northern lights. Snow started falling, large beautiful flakes.

    Ann and Sara found a spot in the forest where they sat and chatted, getting to know each other better. Wolves sang in the distance and Ann thought of Jake and his werewolf pack.

    After several hours of chatting Ann felt she really liked Sara. Perhaps she’ll be a good friend. I can trust her but still, Tyler and Justin need to be safe. Perhaps after they are vampires I won’t have to worry anymore. Ann felt torn. She liked Sara but feared having other vampires around her human son Tyler and her unofficially adopted son Justin.

    “We’ll need to do this again Ann. I think we can be friends. I hope soon our Vampire Clans can meet but for now we can be friendly, right?” A look of hope shone in Sara’s greenish eyes.

    Ann smiled. “I like you too Sara. I think we can officially call each other friends now. But for now our Vampire Clans can wait. It will give them time to get use to the idea of us becoming friends and our clans interacting. This is all so new for all of us.”

    “You’re right. We can go slowly. We have plenty of time!”

    Ann laughed, “Yes, vampires do have plenty of time!”

   The falling snow grew heavier and the wolves were moving closer where the two vampires sat together on a large boulder. They had brushed off the snow before sitting down on it for their chat.

    “Are those werewolves?” Sara asked. “I try to avoid them.”

    They both listened for a moment. “No, I believe they are the real thing, Timber Wolves.”

    Sara smiled in relief then looked up at the dark sky, snow falling onto her face, hair and eye lashes. “Dawn is getting close. I think it’s time we both headed home.” She looked at Ann, a question in her greenish eyes.

    “We’ll meet again.” Ann reached out her hands to Sara who placed hers in Ann’s.

    “Yes.” Sara said, “We’ll meet again. And soon.”

    “Yes, soon.” agreed Ann. And they both knew they would truly be meeting again and very soon.

    After they made a time and place to meet both vampires took to the air and headed home, the song of the Timber Wolves echoing in their wake.

 

 



© 2011 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I missed reading this tale of a vampire family. I like the chapter. I wonder where will you go next with the story? Vampires are not the best of friends when it comes to land and control. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice little Ann the Vampire tale. I enjoyed this a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another great addition to Ann The Vampire. Having vampire girl friend would open up a whole new aspect for this series. I think its a good idea. Anyway, love this story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2011
Last Updated on February 24, 2011


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline