Aurora Borealis

Aurora Borealis

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

An ANN THE VAMPIRE story.

"

      It was a clear yet freezing night in Alaska. The sky shone with a million and plus crystal sparkling stars. And the Aurora Borealis was at its funnest, shifting and rippling red, blue and green curtains hanging low in the night sky.  They shivered, twisting and untwisting as if with the unseen solar winds.

     Ann and her clan where sitting on the rock outcropping from a hillside, rocks bare of snow, watching the aurora display. Each had their own rock but the bigger rocks were shared. Ann and Tina had a rock to themselves. They sat side by side, one arm around each other. Eddie sat on a rock slightly above them. Sara had her own rock as did Julie. Tyler and Justin shared a rock. They were all situated close together.

      “Ohhhhhhhh! Tina said with a sigh. “I would never get tired of watching this fantastic display.”

Ann laughed softly, “Yes, it only gets better. You could see this all the time living here in Alaska.” but not down in soggy rainy Seattle, she added to herself.

      “You are so right Ann.” Tina said.

      “Alaska has spectacular beauty.” Eddie said.

      “It does.” said Sara. “I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.”

     “Me neither.” Julie said. She glanced over to where the two vampire sisters were huddle together. She smiled. Sisterly love. How rare was that, really?

     “I like the northern lights aunt Tina.” Tyler said. “You should live with us and you could enjoy them all the time.”

     “Tyler is right Aunt Tina.” Justin said. He considered the vampire his aunt too since he was unofficially adopted by Ann.

     “You guys all have strong selling points.” Tina said, smiling.

     They fell silent again, watching the Aurora ripple and shift across the night sky. It almost seemed like there should be come kind of celestial music to accompany this fantastic light show. Tina could almost hear what she thought would be perfect otherworldly music.

     In the distance a wolf started howling, a long drawn out sorrowful sound. Then another join in, howling in harmony with the first. Tina looked at Ann, her bright blue eyes lit with excitement.

     “Wolves? Wild wolves?””

     “Werewolves.” Ann answered. “Jake’s pack.”

     “Oh? But you're friends with this Jake, right?”

     “Yes. I once saved him and he once saved me. For saving him he made me a Pack Member with all the benefits that go with it.”

     “Wow, how lucky for you.” Tina said with a teasing smile, the tips of her fangs showing.

     “Actually it is.” Ann said. “Jake's Pack has grown since I first met him.”

     Behind and slightly above them Eddie said, “Her being a member of the werewolf pack has done her good. Her life was saved by them giving her blood of two of their victims.”

     “That's true.” Ann said.

     “And their meal was a little less juicy.” Tyler said with a smirk.

     Justin laughed with him.

     “Ha. Ha. Tyler. Is that suppose to be funny?” Tina asked.

     “Yes.”

      Tina laughed, “And you do hear me laughing, right?” And she laughed some more.

     “I hear you Aunt.” Tyler said.

     They all joined in with soft chuckles.

     The two werewolves continued their singing. Several more joined in.

     “It is such a beautiful wild sound. I can never get tired of hearing wolves howling. Or werewolves to.” Tina said.

      Ann smiled, pleased. She was certain her sister was going to stay in Alaska a lot longer than she thought. She was already falling under the spell of these wild places. Ann was more than hopeful. She was certain.

      They continued watching the Aurora display over head.  Tina felt like she could reach up and almost touch it. It was such a surreal sight, almost as if it was not even of this earth. They sat there enjoying the show until dawn started lightening the sky and the aurora faded away.



© 2015 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
In memory of Ann on her upcoming birthday - 1973 -2004. Miss you painfully and deeply.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A fun tale to read. Just the right amount of darkness in this tale and yet enough light to see Ann as a sympathetic vampire character.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very awesome and extraordinary tale. Really enjoyed this well written and interesting tale.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Good story. Another great addition to ANN THE VAMPIRE saga.


Posted 8 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful tribute to Ann. This seemed very real, the characters seemed real. This is a strong piece of writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

8 Years Ago

thanks very much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 23, 2015
Last Updated on November 23, 2015


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline