Luck Is With Us

Luck Is With Us

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

An ANN THE VAMPIRE story.

"

     Tyler, Eddie and Justin spent several hours flying through the falling snow to steal several industrial size refrigerators. It was easy to get into large restaurant establishments but a little harder to get out with the refrigerators but they did. After a couple thorough cleanings they moved them into a basement room in the house.

     While they were doing this Ann, Julie and Sara were flying about in the falling snow making visits to many hospitals, large and small, stealing blood. They carried large canvas bags and once these were full they returned home and filled up the refrigerators. It took 2 trips to fill up the refrigerators with the blood.

     They also picked up a couple large microwaves and microwavable mugs. These they put in the same room as the refrigerators.

     Dawn wasn't far off by the time they had everything situated like they wanted. They all stood in the basement room looking things over.  They decided to call the room the Blood Room. Looking at the large stainless steel refrigerators, the large microwaves and the cupboards now filled with microwavable mugs, bowls and other things they needed. A job well done they agreed. Several huskies moved about the room, sniffing at everything and in every corner, checking out this new addition to their world.

     “Well, “ Ann finally broke the silence. “I think we did a good job. We won't have to go hungry or hunt during a blizzard now.” She smiled.

     “No we won't.” agreed Eddie. “ We have plenty of blood here and we'll replenish on a regular basis.”

     “Yeah. That will be easy.” Tyler said, “It doesn't take us long to fly around Alaska.”

     “I wonder how this blood tastes. It's not fresh from the vein.” Sara said.

     “I think we can find out now. After all that work I'm sure we could all use a blood mean.” Ann said.

     “We can heat it up in a coffee mug.” Tyler said.

     “I wonder what it tastes like cold.” Justin said.

     Tyler looked at him, a slightly disgusted look on his face, “You can find out. I'm not!”

     “I will!” Justin said.

     “Ugh,.” Tyler said, making a gagging sound.

     “Don’t knock it until you try it.” Justin said.

     Ann opened the door of one of the large stainless steel refrigerators and took out a plastic bag full of blood. Slamming shut the door she turned to face her clan with a bright smile on her face. “A pint.”

     “Yeah.” Eddie said, eying the bag suspiciously.

     “You want some cold Justin? I'll pour you some now.” Ann said.

     “Okay.” Justin's voice held a bit of uncertainty now.

     With a soft chuckle Ann cut open the plastic bag with German stainless steel scissors and poured a small amount into a clean glass. Tipping the bag back up she held out the glass to Justin.

     Justin took the glass from Ann and tossed back the cold blood and swallowed. He coughed and made a face.

     Everyone waited, silent and holding their breath for his reaction. Yuk!” he finally managed to get out.

     Everyone laughed at him. “Brave of you to try it cold.” Eddie patted Justin on the back.

     “I could survive on it if I had to.” Justin conceded.

     “I think the rest of us will try it warm.” Eddie said, getting down several mugs.

     Ann put in a small amount of blood in each mug until the bag was empty. Then she microwaved each blood filled mug in the two microwaves.

     Once everyone had a mug of warmed blood hey took a tentative sip then they drank it down.

     'Not bad.” Sara said.

     “It's not warm and fresh from the vein but its durable.” Julie said.

     “Yes it is.” Ann said. “We can avoid going out hunting in blizzards and other storms now.”

    “Or if you just fill like not hunting.” Julie added.

     “That's right. We'll have more freedom.” Tyler said, “To do what ever we want.”

     “Yeah. We can have other interests.” Justin added.

     “We can do sledding more often.” Tyler said.

     “Yeah.” Justin said.

     Ann smiled. “Well, this is a success.” She rinsed out the mugs and glass in the little sink they'd had put in the basement room.

     Eddie went to her and put his arms around her waist. “Our lives keep improving.”

     Ann looked up at him and gave him a bright smile, “Yes they do. I'm happy.”

     “So am I.” Eddie said “Ever since you accepted me into your life and your two son's lives.”

     Sara and Julie left, sensing Ann and Eddie needed and wanted to be alone. Justin and Tyler followed them out.

     “Yes. I remember that time. I lived in that apartment and Justin and Tyler were little human boys.” Ann stretched to put a mug away.   Eddie took it from her and placed it in the cupboard.

     Ann smiled. “We are all lucky we have a Vampire Clan. Tyler, and Justin don't want to leave since becoming vampires. Julie and Sara have joined us. Julie could have left us too upon becoming a vampire but she didn’t. We all are lucky to have each other.”

     Eddie kissed Ann. “Yes, we are all lucky.”

     Arm in arm they left the basement room and went up the stairs. Dawn was very close now.

The green northern lights were still flickering outside. Putting on her nightshirt Ann sat on the bed watching the aurora through their glass wall. When Eddie joined her they snuggled under the covers, the norther lights causing green tongues of light to reach into the room.

     “I love you Ann.” Eddie said

     “I love you.” Ann replied.




© 2014 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A nice little tale that I like. This is an awesome ongoing tale of Ann the vampire, her immortal life starting with her being murdered.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I very much enjoying this evolving vampire tale.
Fantastic work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks BCF.
Black Cat Fever

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
They are moving up in the world, so to speak, my l earning to adapt to new ways of getting the blood they need. Nice chapter.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much.
A nice little tale in the larger story of this vampire's life.
I enjoyed reading this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading. I sure appreciate it a lot.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 11, 2014
Last Updated on November 11, 2014


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline