Shadows And Light

Shadows And Light

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

An ANN THE VAMPIRE story.

"

     Summer in Alaska. It wasn't at all too hot like down in Portland, Oregon where Ann had lived as a human. But as a vampire, hot or cold weather didn't matter. But Alaska was lovely in the summer. Spring was prettier. A riot of flowers bloomed quickly to have a chance to be pollinated and go to seed.

     The moon was round and full in the silver star studded night sky. Ann flew along, her feathery dark wings unfurled and slowly pumping up and down as she sailed through the warm air currents. The vast forest below was dark but her vampire vision had no problem spotting the lakes and streams, elk moving along, grizzly bears and wolf packs out and about. Werewolf Packs as well.

     Ann loved her life as a vampire and loved living in Alaska. Their home was in a tiny town away from others. They expanded their house underground after Julie joined their group. Tyler and Justin were now vampires. They were finally a true Vampire Clan.

The forest below was shimmering and glittering in the moon's silver blue light. The tops of every pine needle, leaf, rock and vine were painted a silver light. The ponds and lakes were glimmering with moonlight too.

     Ann smiled. Waiting below in a clearing was her vampire friend Sara. Ever since Tyler and Justin had become vampires she had spent more time with Sara. Ann didn't have to worry about her son's safety around other vampires anymore.

     Seeing Ann circling overhead as she descended Sara waved. Sara was a curvy vampire with long black hair and green eyes. Her pale face shimmered in the moon's light. Ann landed beside Sara and folded her feather black wings against her back.

     “Ann!” Sara greeted her, taking both of Ann’s hands in her own.

     “Sara.” Ann noticed the agitated look in her eyes.   “Is something wrong?”

     “Oh....” Sara wasn't sure how to tell Ann her problem or even if she should.

     “Oh Sara. You can trust me. Let's sit.”

     They walked a few feet to the edge of the little clearing to a moss covered fallen log. In the distance wolves howled, a beautiful haunting sound. They were real Timber Wolves, not Werewolves. The two vampires sat side by side on the fallen log.

     Sara looked at Ann, blood tears pooling in her eyes. “Well.......” She sobbed.

     Ann pulled Sara into her arms and held her tightly. She wondered with fear what had happened to Sara. This had been a pre-planned meeting, not one just made in the spur of the moment. What had happened to Sara since last they talked? “What is it?”

     “My Clan...” Sara choked out.

     Ann felt a cold dread. What had happened to them? Ann had met them a few times. Once Tyler and Justin had been turned she'd been certain they'd all spend more time together. “Yes?” She encouraged her friend to continue.

     “Vampire Hunters killed them all. Only I escaped.” She cried out. “It was so sudden and unexpected!”

     “How long ago?” Ann managed to ask as a cold horror filled her body. Vampire Hunters! Here in Alaska, she thought.

     “A couple nights ago.”

     Vampire Hunters. Here in Alaska. Ann and Sara's Clans were hundreds of miles apart, but still.

     “Don't worry Ann. I killed them all. Three of them. I killed them.”

     Ann felt such a wave of relief she thought she might collapse. “Thank God.” She said. “They deserved to die horrible deaths.”

     “Yes, and they did.” Sara and Ann separated. Sara wiped her face.

      “You will come home with me Sara. I don't want you on your own. And stay with me for as long as you need or want to.” Ann said. This night sure had turned out different than she had thought. She took one of Sara's cold hands in hers. “Please come. Don't argue.”

      Sara nodded. “Okay Ann. Thank you.” She was grateful. She didn't at all want to be alone.

      “Let's go now.” Ann insisted. “You need others around you, caring others.”

     Sara nodded, holding back a sob.

     Ann and Sara took to the air, their powerful wings taking them over the vast Alaskan forest, heading to Ann's home outside of Coldfoot.

     Eddie, Tyler, Justin and Julie sat in the living room as Ann told them Sara's story. Sara sat silently, trying not to sniff as she fought tears. When Ann was done there was a moment of silence in the room. Several huskies were curled at Tyler and Julie's feet. Their eyes were slits as they listened to Ann's voice.

     “Well.” Ann finally said. “I'd like to officially invite Sara into our Vampire Clan. If you all agree.”

     “Oh!” gasped Sara in wonder and surprise. She took hold of Ann's hand.

     Eddie spoke first, “I vote yes.”

     “I vote yes.” Tyler said.

     “Me too. I vote yes.” Justin said.

     Julie quickly followed, “I vote yes.”

     Ann smiled and pulled a tearful Sara into her arms. She went willingly. “You Sara, are officially a member of my Vampire Clan.”

     “Thank you. Thank you all.” A tearful Sara said.

     “I hope you will stay with us forever. But you are free to leave at any time.” Ann told Sara. Ann and Sara sat up again.

     Sara said, “I am honored to be a member of your Clan.” She wiped blood tears from her face. One of the huskies made a little yip as if welcoming Sara to their home too. Maybe the dog was, Ann thought.

     “Yeah. The more Clan Members the better. We'll be stronger and that's important.” Tyler said.

     “Thank you. Thank you all.” Sara said again.

     “We've expanded our home underground. I'll show you your room.” Ann said to Sara.

     “Thank you.”

     “Do you have anything of yours stored somewhere you want to bring here?” Ann asked.

     “No.”

     “That's okay. We'll get you what you need.” Ann led Sara downstairs to the beautiful underground space full of rooms.

     Ann smiled. Sara was now part of her Clan. Her friend and now fellow Clan Member.



© 2014 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice little dark vampire story. Sara will now become closer to
Ann as part of her Vampire Clan.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good chapter in this storyline. Sad for Sara but i'm happy she's no in Ann's Vampire Clan.
Very enjoyably red.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks, my friend.
Another cool vampire story string Ann as an adult. I like this very much.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks very much.
I like this, on going story about Ann the Vampire. I'll have to check out more of these stories. This is a nice one with Ann caring about her friend Sara. Impressive story telling.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks very much.
Coyote Song

9 Years Ago

You are welcome. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
4 Reviews
Added on August 18, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline