Ann The Vampire: The beginning

Ann The Vampire: The beginning

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

The violent act that turns Ann into a vampire.

"

    It was homicide that took Ann out of the world at thirty years of age. Murdered by a man who was her legal husband for only one more month. It was a cold January day when he took her life with a semi-automatic, putting six bullets into her body, killing her and leaving their five year old son without parents.

    A week later Ann was put in the cold damp earth in a cemetery that was rural like, very tranquil on a quiet slope. The grass was green and moist. Her stone was cold, the flowers and angel statues that appeared on her grave showed she was loved and missed.

   But Ann died of homicide, a violent public execution in full daylight, in a busy downtown area of a large urban city.

    Torn away from the man she now loved, but worst of all, torn away from her son, who was her very happiness and reason for being.

    Ann was placed six feet down, hope for her was that she would rest in peace. But Ann could not. Homicide left her spirit violated. Left her soul outraged. Her son was left on his own. Abandoned because of his murderous father!

    Ann was damned. And she was very restless. She was buried in the morning, around 10:00AM. She stirred and moaned in her coffin. She clawed at the lid as she slowly woke up.

    As darkness descended she took a great gulp of oxygen and knew there was not much of that available where ever she was. Her eyes opened and she saw the silk fabric lining of a coffin.

    For a moment Ann was confused. Where was she, what was she doing here? Certain she was that she was in a coffin but how had she gotten here? Was she dead?

    Logic went that if she was in a coffin then most likely she was dead. Then it came flooding back to her. Her soon to be ex-husband standing in front of her white sports car where she sat in the driver's seat, raising his semi-automatic, aiming it right at her and the loud blasts that followed. How many times had he fired? Did it really matter? He had shot her, he had killed her, she had been murdered, yet here she was, alive in her coffin!

    And she noticed something else; a hunger was burning in her veins. A painful burning hunger. Her restlessness increased. She knew she had to get out of her coffin. Ann knew, too, darkness was descending. And a change was coming over her.

    The hunger was like fire in her veins, her very skin, her very being ached with it. A hunger for what, Ann wondered? Her skin was crawling with the need! The moon was rising in the cold January night sky, a light rain was falling. She could hear it striking the earth. Her heart beat started up and she took another gasp of oxygen. She knew it was time. But time for what?

    "I must leave this coffin." Ann whispered to the dark that she realized was not dark at all. She realized she could see as if it were daylight, but everything had a silver glow to it. "I must leave now!"

    As she lay there the knowledge came to her, she must transform to mist. As mist she could seep through invisible cracks in the coffin, move up through the soil and break free. Then she'd be out in the night, free to seek what it was she needed to end this torturous hunger!

   She thought real hard and then she was moving out through a crack in the coffin! Moving up through the damp soil to the surface. It was so easy. Ann laughed with delight even though she was no longer in a solid body. She was mist. In no time at all she was above ground. She thought real hard again and the swirling mist that she was rapidly became solid and she was her human form once more.

    She stood on the damp grass of the cemetery; it was a little past midnight. It was cold, a cold pre-dawn January but Ann did not feel the cold. All she was aware of was her desperate hunger. All Ann could think about was ending that desperate hunger!

   She looked about. It was as if it was daylight, yet everything had a silver glow to it.

   Ann darted across the damp cemetery grass, moving across the lawn to the nearby road where she heard passing cars. Where there were cars there were people. And she knew people would have what it was she so needed!

    For a moment Ann felt horrified. Hunt humans? For what? To kill them! She paused near the road after easily scaling the cemetery fence. Yes, Ann knew, she needed something from them. And Ann realized it was their blood she needed.

    She walked to the road. She was a little alarmed; her heart beat a little painfully. "Yes, I will kill." Ann said. It was the way it must be. "What am I?" She wondered.

    Ann stood on the side of the road. Waiting. The darkness of the night was as daylight, spun with silver magic. She could hear insects crawling and flying in the night even though it was January. She could hear the rustling of birds sleeping in tree tops; hear their feathers as they shifted on the tree limbs they were perched on. She could hear the breathing of cows several miles away. The soft, very distant bark of dogs, the quiet padding of cat’s feet as they hunted rodents, and Ann could hear their tails scraping on the ground as they moved along, could hear their whiskers as they twitched their little noses.

    "What am I?" Ann asked into the night. She was transformed, changed. And she knew this. "But what am I?" She asked again, a little confused, knowing yet not wanting to accept.

    Her restless soul, unable to die, unable to move on was damned because she died by violence. She would never rest in peace!

    A car was coming up the quiet road. There was a young couple and a child in the car. It was near one o’clock in the morning now.

    Ann stepped out on the road, blocking the car's way. She knew they'd stop. She knew she looked horrible, as if something had happened to her. Their concern for another human being would stop them.

    Ann stood and waited, the beam of the car's headlights shone on her. And the car came to an abrupt halt, just as Ann knew it would. She started sobbing, wanting to make the effect really convincing.

    The young man got out of the driver's side of the car. "Are you alright? do you need help?"

    "Please help!" Ann cried collapsing on the road. "I was attacked!"

   "Call 911!" The man said to his wife who already had her cell phone in her hand. The little boy in the back seat of the car slept.

    Suddenly Ann was on her feet with a savage snarl, her lips pulled back, exposing her fangs, her eyes blazed silver.  The man stumbled backwards toward the car. "My God!" He cried.

    Ann flew at him; they slammed against the car. The woman inside screamed, dropping her cell phone. Ann clawed at the man with her grey talons, ripping the man's flesh, then sinking her fangs into his throat and she started drinking his blood. He moaned in shock and pain under her savage assault.

 

    But Ann was in ecstasy! The pain in her skin and body rapidly eased as she drained the man of his blood, of his life. She drank until the man's heart stopped beating. His death was very satisfying to her. She let his dead body slide down to the road.

    She stood up, her face and clothes splashed with blood. Her silver eyes burned the woman inside the car as Ann focused her gaze on her. Ann suddenly was desperate for more blood. She went around to the driver's side of the car and flung the door open and lunged at the woman who screamed in horror as she realized, she too like her husband, was about to die at the hands of some kind of monster. She thought of her little boy sleeping on the back seat of the car.

    "Please! Please don't kill me!" She begged. "I have a little boy!"

    "A little boy?" Ann said, her fangs aching to sink into the woman's flesh and drink more blood. "He will be my son!" And Ann grabbed the woman, pulling her across the car seat and out onto the pavement and clawed her flesh, ripping her flesh and sinking her fangs into the struggling woman's throat, her blood filling Ann's mouth.

    And ecstasy filled Ann again, igniting her, making her feel so so alive! She sank her fangs deeper, ripping the woman's flesh and drinking her blood until the woman's heart stopped beating. Ann felt an even deeper sense of satisfaction at the woman's death.

    Ann stood up and sighed, the pain finally gone from her body. She felt calmer, more at ease. And she heard the little boy stirring on the back seat.

   Ann opened the door to the back seat and stared down at the sleeping child. His dark hair and pale face shone in the moonlight, his dark lashes shadowed his cheeks.

    With a smile Ann reached in and lifted the little boy into her arms. She stared down at the sleeping face, crimson tears falling from her eyes, onto her cheeks, as memories of her own son filled her.

    "My little second son." Ann said to the little boy. "I will take care of you and keep you safe. I will raise you with my son as soon as I retrieve him."

    Ann gazed out into the pre-dawn darkness. All the night's sounds faded as she focused on the one sound she so desired to hear.

    It was the sound of her sleeping son, miles away from her, in his bed in someone else's house. He was sad, so very sad, missing his mommy.

    "I am coming." Ann said and once again glanced down at her sleeping second son. "I will raise you both in a safe place."

    Ann was no longer human; she could easily escape the law enforcement personnel who would be investigating these murders soon. With one single powerful thought, Ann lifted into the dark air, her ebony feathery wings unfurling, easily taking her aloft, as she left the scene of her first blood feast.

    "I am a vampire." Ann thought as she winged over the sleeping dark city, her second little boy in her arms. She could feel the breath of her sleeping son; she could hear his heart beat. Soon, very soon, he'd also be in her arms. Then she'd take both of her children away to someplace safe, someplace where no one could harm them or her, ever again.

    Soon Ann had her son rescued from his unhappy home where he had lived since she had been murdered. Ann took both her little boys, seeking a safe place for them all.

 

  

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi, Tina. I really enjoyed it. Reading your vampire novel sort of reminded me of Christoper Pike's vampire novels. I loved those. I think this does have a lot of potential to be really good. I did enjoy it, but when reading I noticed quite a few parts were almost repetitve, especially mentioning "a silver glow". I really liked the way you described your character's thirst for human blood; I found that really fun. You also might want to work on the final paragraph a bit; it just looked and felt rushed slightly. I think it could be really tightened up a bit if you did some editing. But it was a really fun read and I will check out more of your story. Can you check out my story Dark Destinies? Thanks

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Excellent beginning chapter telling how she became a vampire. Even though she'd just been through hell she cared enough for the child not to leave him but take him with her.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very compelling beginning. i have read that people use to believe that if someone w as murdered they'd become a vampire and would take precautions so that person wouldn't come back a vampire.

good use of this vampire myth (or is it?)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks very much.
Hi, Tina. I really enjoyed it. Reading your vampire novel sort of reminded me of Christoper Pike's vampire novels. I loved those. I think this does have a lot of potential to be really good. I did enjoy it, but when reading I noticed quite a few parts were almost repetitve, especially mentioning "a silver glow". I really liked the way you described your character's thirst for human blood; I found that really fun. You also might want to work on the final paragraph a bit; it just looked and felt rushed slightly. I think it could be really tightened up a bit if you did some editing. But it was a really fun read and I will check out more of your story. Can you check out my story Dark Destinies? Thanks

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"As she lay there the knowledge came to her, she must transform to mist. " To turn into mist. That is a very good way to escape the coffin. The opening chapter is amazing. You create reason and purpose for the character. She had great hunger and no conscious in this chapter. Killed the man and woman without thought. A excellent chapter. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this swift beginning of horrifying vampire story. Fun read for me. Can't wait to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked the beginning, but the part were she killed the two parents and took their child, I did not. It just seems weird for the main character to worry about getting another child, when her first is in the hands of the man that killed her. Aside from this I liked it. Good writing I hope this leads somewhere good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very tragic being murdered by her evil husband. Very cool becoming a vampire and being with her son again. Excellent pen on this beginning tale, very creatively penned with well done imagery, awesome work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Nice beginning really made me feel for the main character.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great beginning. There is a legend people become vampires who die by violence and murder is violence. Hope she gets her son from this unhappy situation.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

689 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..