Blood Party

Blood Party

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Ann and her vampire friend plan a get together and when Ann gets there she discovers, much to her disappointment, her friend has brought along another vampire.

"

     Ann was meeting her friend, vampire Sara, once again. They were becoming closer all the time. They often discussed their clans coming together in friendship but so far that hadn't been done. Ann couldn't do anything like that while Tyler and Justin were still human. The moment was rapidly approaching when that would be changing.   Tyler was coming in on his 18th birthday and so was Justin. His birthday Ann had to pick since he had only been a baby when Ann had unofficially adopted him. By making an educated guess when he might have been born by guessing his age Ann had chosen a date to celebrate his birthday on.

     “I'm off now to spend some time with Sara.” Ann told Eddie, Tyler and Justin.

     “Have fun mom.” said Tyler.

     “Yes, honey.” Eddie gave Ann a kiss. “Have a good time and be safe.”

     Ann gave him a big hug. She knew Eddie often worried about vampire hunters in the bigger towns and in the cities. “I'll be careful.”

     “Bye mom.” Justin said.

      Feeling much loved Ann stepped out the front door of their home in the outskirts of Coldfoot Alaska. A green Aurora Borealis was hissing and crackling in the clear sky overhead. A chill was in the air and the deciduous trees were all ablaze in fiery colors. Autumn was in full swing. A lovely time of the year and a wonderful break from the snow.

     Ann shot up into the cold night air and headed to the place where she was to meet up with Sara. Ann enjoyed flight, one of her several favorite things about being a vampire. She came down outside Steven's Village on the Yukon River in an open spot in the forest where Sara was waiting for her. As soon as Ann landed Sara rushed to her and they hugged, squealing and laughing in greeting. They were both enormously happy at seeing each other again.

      “Hi Ann! I'm so glad you could make it.”

      “I'm so glad you could make it too.”

      They stepped back and held hands, smiling at each other.

      Overhead the Aurora Borealis shifted in the solar winds like curtains fluttering in a breeze. From some distance came the howling of a wolf pack.

     “I have something to tell you Ann.” Sara said.

     “You do? What?” Just as Ann asked that she sensed another vampire very near them. Gasping in fear and surprise Ann yanked her hands from Sara's and stepped back, prepared to fight.

     A male vampire stepped from the trees and into full view. He was tall, thin with long white hair that drifted about his face, thanks to the wind.

     Ann pulled back her lips exposing her fangs and snarled at the sight of him. She was half crouched, her hands extended, talons ready to rip and tear.

     “Don't worry Ann! It's alright. This is Jessie from my clan. He wanted to meet you.” Sara said in a concerned rush. She was horrified at the thought that she had just made a serious mistake and could very well lose her best friend because of it.

     Ann looked at Sara and then looked to the male vampire standing there watching her and Sara. “I didn't know you were going to bring someone.” she said in an accusing voice.

     “I'm sorry Ann. This is Jessie, he's alright. He's a good friend of mine.”

     “You already told me who he was.” Ann said, her whole manner telling Sara she felt betrayed.

     “Hi Ann. Sorry this was sprung on you.” Jessie said coming forward a few steps. “Yes, I wanted to meet Sara's friend. She talks a lot about you. You sound great so I just wanted to meet you.” Jessie's icy blue eyes stared hard at her. He tried to seem as friendly and open as much as possible. Jessie didn't want Sara to lose someone she really cared about because he had wanted to come along with her despite Sara thinking it wasn't a good idea. He had won Sara over and now he wanted to win Ann over.

     Ann crossed her arms. “Well, this was an unpleasant surprise.” She looked at Sara. It was hard for her to stay mad at her. “Well....”

     Sensing Ann was hesitating in her anger toward her Sara quickly said, “I'm really sorry Ann. I never thought this might have been seen as danger to you. I do see it now. Please...please don't be mad at me.” She looked pleadingly at Ann.

     Ann smiled, “Oh Sara! I can't stay mad at you.” She turned to Jessie. “Hello Jessie.”

     Jessie smiled, exposing his sharp white fangs. “Whew! I'm relieved. I'm glad to meet you Ann.” He came forward the rest of the way. He held out his hand to Ann.

     Ann took his hand and they shook. Sara was smiling happily but Ann felt silly shaking hands. She pulled her hand away. Jessie let it go. Just because she couldn't maintain her anger at Sara didn't mean at all that she trusted Jessie. Just the opposite. She didn't trust him one little bit.

     “I'm hoping we become friends too.” Jessie said to Ann.

     Ann smiled weakly, feeling very uncomfortable in the presence of this new vampire. She had been prepared to have a good tie with Sara, not Jessie. She hadn't expected another vampire to be here. The thought hadn't even entered her mind. It had been a totally unwelcome and unwanted surprise.

     “What shall we do together? We all need to get to know each other.” Sara said, thinking Ann and Jessie needed to get to know each other.

     “We could hunt.” suggested Jessie. “I could use a blood meal.”

     “Um.” Ann said. She looked at Sara feeling disappointment in her friend for putting her in this uncomfortable situation. She had learned to trust Sara and now this. Ann felt her anger at her friend trying to return. She worked to push it away.

     “I'm hungry. I could use some blood too.” Sara said hoping Ann would agree to a hunt. She really wanted to get past this awkwardness they were all feeling.

    “I'm not really hungry.” Ann said. She noticed Jessie and Sara glance worriedly at each other. She let out a rush of air. Ann didn't feel sorry for them since it was they who had created this extremely uncomfortable situation, not her.

     The howling wolves were slowly growing closer. Ann noticed this fact but realized Sara and Jessie didn't. Ann knew one of the wolves was Jake, her werewolf friend and leader of his pack. She smiled to herself at knowing he was approaching.

     “Maybe I ought to go.” said Jessie, “Let you two ladies have a good time like you planned.”

     “Oh, please Ann! Let's all do something together!” pleaded Sara. She knew if Jessie left it would leave a permanent wound in her and Ann's relationship. Ann would never forgive her for bringing a friend to one of their get togethers without asking if it was okay first.

     “Sure.” Ann said, giving in a little to her friend's panic. She glanced up to the night sky. The Aurora Borealis shifted, hissed and crackled in the air above them. A full moon hung in the night sky overhead as well.

     A wolf entered the little clearing the 3 vampires were in.

    Upon seeing the wolf Sara gasped and Jessie growled a warning to it to stay away.

     “Jake!” Ann cried. “Hello Jake! Join us!”

     “He's your friend?” Sara asked, surprised.

     “Yes, Jake is my friend. He's the leader of his werewolf pack.”

     The wolf blurred and shifted and became a man. Jake strode forward. “Ann. How are you?”

     “I'm cool. I'm so glad you're here!” Ann was very relieved to see Jake. She felt much safer now.

     “Good.” Jake looked at the 2 vampires. He had sensed Ann's distress and was glad he had been nearby with his pack.

     “Jake, this is Jessie and Sara. Sara is a friend of mine.   I've only just met Jessie. Sara and I were just getting together to enjoy a few hours together. Join us?”

     “Sure. I'd love to.” The look he gave Ann told her without doubt he'd be looking out for her.

     “Good!” Sara said. She was glad one of Ann's friends would be now joining them. She hoped it would repair the damage she had done by inviting Jessie without telling Ann.

     “So, what are we doing?” Jake asked.

     “Well, we could go hunt.” Jessie suggested. He really was Blood Hungry.

     “Jake smiled, “I'm hungry. I could use a good warm bloody meal.”

     Jessie laughed, approving of Jake and liking what he heard. Jake grinned and gave Jessie a friendly pat on the back.

     Ann smiled. If Jake liked Jessie then she knew she could trust him too. Maybe this situation wouldn't be a total disaster after all. She was relieved and glad. She really didn't want to lose Sara's friendship. “You know, I have an appetite now!” she announced.

     Sara giggled. “Let's head to the nearest town where there are plenty of humans to pick from. We can have a feast and party.”

    “Okay! I like the sound of feasting.” Ann said with a big fangy smile, “And our party will be a Blood Party!”

     And the 3 vampires and one werewolf headed for the nearest town to do just that, have a Blood Party!







© 2014 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm glad you are still writing the story. I like Ann and the way you set-up the vampire clans. A very good chapter. I like how you introduce the new vampire. No weakness in the chapter. Just made me want to read more. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A excellent chapter in the saga of Ann the Vampire. I enjoyed this chapter, I'm glad that Jake showed up and smoothed the situation. I'd hate for Ann and Sara's friendship to fall apart.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm glad you are still writing the story. I like Ann and the way you set-up the vampire clans. A very good chapter. I like how you introduce the new vampire. No weakness in the chapter. Just made me want to read more. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful and interesting addition to this book. Its good you're continuing Ann's adventures!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A really wonderful chapter in Ann the Vampire saga. Sara is lucky Ann still likes her after what she did. Good thing Jake was around the ease the situation and smooth things over. Awesome!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2011
Last Updated on December 2, 2014


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline