Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Ann and her Immortal Companion

Ann and her Immortal Companion

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Ann meets another vampire after she moves herself and her two sons to Alaska.

"

    Ann hovered outside on the lawn in front of her apartment. Her two boys, one her natural child, the other an unofficially adopted child, where with her.

    Ann had been a vampire for quite a few years, ever since her husband had murdered her with six or seven bullets from a semi-automatic gun while she sat in her car waiting in a drive through restaurant waiting for her lunch order to be delivered to her through the open window. Because of the violent nature of her death, being murdered, she had been reborn a vampire.

    Ann had unofficially adopted the son of her first two victims then rescued her own son from the unhappy situation he had fallen into since her murder.

    She had found an apartment in a small town in Alaska. Her sons were teenagers now and accepted Ann for who and what she was, their vampire mother. This cold winter Alaskan night they were out viewing the aurora borealis, it’s purple, blue, green and red curtains shifting, hissing and crackling in the cold night sky.

    “Cool!” Cried Tyler, Ann’s biological son.

   “Yeah!” Agreed Justin, Ann’s unofficially adopted son.

    “It’s so beautiful.” Ann sighed, gazing at the brilliant midnight display. She never grew tired of viewing this spectacular phenomena produced by Mother Nature, and now she’d be viewing it for eternity. Ann knew she’d always enjoy the aurora borealis like it was her first time viewing it.

    Ann, Tyler and Justin ooed and ahhed the northern lights as they hissed and crackled in what seemed like only inches above them, like they could reach out and touch them when Ann suddenly sensed something! Something she had never sensed before, not since becoming a vampire.

    Another immortal! And somewhere near! Ann tore her eyes away from the aurora borealis and scanned the darkness around the apartment, a darkness that was not really dark at all to her, but a landscape lie with silver luminous glow.

    There was someone, an immortal out there, watching them! Ann’s heart beat faster, in alarm or excitement? But, to her relief, she did not sense danger, only curiosity, a longing to be closer.

    Ann moved protectively closer to Tyler and Justin who were still watching the northern lights in excitement, the aurora borealis curtains seemed to be shifting lower, the two teenage boys fingers were nearly touching the wild, sunspot produced electricity!

    “Tyler, Justin, I think we need to go inside now.” Ann said in a low voice, it was no more than a whisper to the two boys but Ann knew the hovering immortal could hear her just fine.

    Tyler looked at his vampire mother with big brown eyes, concern obvious in them.

    “It’s okay Tyler. I just think you and Justin need to be inside. I sense an immortal nearby.” Ann gently ushered Tyler and Justin to the apartment steps that led to their second floor apartment.

    “It’s a vampire?” Tyler asked, excitement in his voice.

    “A vampire?” Said Justin. “Another vampire, here in Alaska?”

    “Sssh. Don’t get so worked up. Just up the steps you go, get inside and let me check the situation out. I sense no danger to us.”

    The two teenage boys dashed up the steps, which ere always kept clear of snow and ice, Ann right behind them, seeing them into their apartment. Once the door was safely closed behind them Ann turned and went back down the steps and out into the Alaskan night, the other immortal out there, in the dark, lurking, waiting for her.

    A half block from her apartment Ann spotted him. Actually, she knew, he let himself be spotted. He emerged from the shadows, once being part of the shadow, to appear on the icy cold sidewalk, hovering just inches from the halo a street light produced on the sidewalk.

    Ann stopped when she saw him. A tall man with short black hair and very tan skin. He was dressed in a heavy parka and black pants with fur lined snow boots. His dark eyes glittered like diamond chips of glass.

    He stared at Ann and his sensuous lips parted slight in a smile. Ann sucked in her breath slightly, when she saw his thin needle sharp fangs. He was a vampire! The first vampire she had ever seen! She didn’t know whether to be afraid or excited. Another of her own kind!

    An attractive one at that. A real nice looking male vampire.

    Now what? They stood on the sidewalk, facing each other, looking at each other. Ann could sense Tyler and Justin had left the apartment, desperately wanting to see the other immortal! Keep away, Ann thought, keep away! Let me deal with this situation.

    The male vampire had moved closer while Ann’s attention had been diverted. She could smell his masculine scent, see the dark hairs on his face as if he hadn’t shaved for several days, could hear his heart beat and hear him breathing.

    “Hello.” Said the male vampire, his voice deep, rich with a Hispanic accent. “I’m Eddie.” He moved closer and extended a big hand.

    “Hi.” Ann responded, feeling and sounding breathless. She reached out and took his hand in hers. “I’m Ann.”

    Eddie smiled. “You live in that second floor apartment alone, with two mortal boys? Yes, I’ve been watching you and your little family.” Eddie smiled again, a deeper smile that lit up his eyes with warmth.

    Ann relaxed. She could sense everything was going to be okay. “Yes, I’ve lived here in Alaska quite some time with my two sons.”

    “Two sons?”

    “Yes. One, Tyler, is my biological son, before I became a vampire. Justin I rescued from my first victims. I’ve unofficially adopted him.”

    “You have no man.” Said Eddie. “Growing boys need a man, a father figure.”  Eddie paused, watching Ann closely. “You, Ann, need a man’s love.”

    Ann stared at Eddie. “I do?” And she realized she did. She was very lonely for adult male companionship. Her endless nights of feeding on mortals, taking care of a growing Tyler and Justin, trying to keep them in the human world and herself out, and failing.

    Tyler and Justin would become vampires when they grew up; it had been decided by all three of them.

    “I’d like to be their father and your companion. If you’ll have me.” Eddie said and waited.

    Ann’s heart beat painfully. She glanced at Eddie and felt the pain of her loneliness. Eddie reached out a hand and gently took hers. “We will be happy together.” He said. “We’ll be a loving family.”

    “Yes we will.” Ann said, feeling her loneliness starting to ease. “Let me introduce you to my boys, Tyler and Justin.

    Ann led Eddie back up the street to her apartment where Tyler and Justin were waiting for them in the Alaskan Northern Lights lit dark.

  



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the description of the aurora borealis. I bet in real life it would be a beautiful site to see. I like the feel and emotion of this chapter. The meeting was interesting. Maybe too quick to accept the other Vampire offer. A very strong chapter. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Nice, Ann isn't alone anymore. She has a companion. I was afraid something bad was going to come of this. The descriptions of some of the natural scenes are like magic.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks very much.
I like the description of the aurora borealis. I bet in real life it would be a beautiful site to see. I like the feel and emotion of this chapter. The meeting was interesting. Maybe too quick to accept the other Vampire offer. A very strong chapter. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh...I love this chapter. Especially the Alaskan Northern Lights, Alaska would be a fun place to live to me.

I love that she has a romantic vampire love interest now, Eddie the hispanic vampire. Nice.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now Ann will have some happiness in her life and perhaps not be so lonely. I feel her sons will benefit by having this male figure in their life if he does turn out to be a good guy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

557 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..