Everlasting Snow

Everlasting Snow

A Chapter by Tina Kline

      Ann unfurled her darkly feathery wings even further as she flew over the nighttime snowy Alaskan landscape below. The moon on the frozen inky sky cast its milky white light down onto everything. Its a breathtaking beautiful world here in Alaska, Ann thought. She doubted if she'd ever grow tired of this place..

     Ever since they'd started using blood in plastic bags the vampire clan had been out hunting less. While Julie and Sara had headed across the state to steal blood from several hospitals to replenish their supplies Ann had decided to go hunting. The last blizzard had ended several hours ago and the sky had cleared. It was time to get things done that needed doing while the winter weather was clear.

      All that is missing is the Aurora Borealis, Ann thought, one will appear soon enough. She knew she needed to focus on the hunt not the beautiful northern lights show, or the absence of it.

     Deep in the frigid Alaskan weather there would be scarce pickings away from the big cities. So Ann headed in the direction of a not so big city but a sizable town that wasn't off the beaten path. Her hunger made her upper and lower fangs ache to sink into the veins of a blood filled human. The thought of that warm living blood, the life essence, spilling into her mouth and her swallowing it made her shiver in pleasure. She was a very hungry vampire right now.

There were enough air currents high in the sky so she flew upward until she found one. Here she only needed to move her wings gently, the air currents carried her along.

     Suddenly Ann was hit with the hot sweet scent of blood. If she hadn't been flying she would have come to an abrupt halt. As it was she faltered in the air.

Someone is bleeding. And a lot.” Ann muttered as she got herself and her wings under control before she toppled down to the snowy ground. Who out here is bleeding? Ann wandered as she started circling in the air. She was over a lightly wooded area. With her vampire vision she spotted tracks In the snow. Wolf tracks. Werewolf tracks to be precise. And human footprints mixed in with them. She was certain the human tracks weren't connected in any way to the werewolf tracks.

     Ann circled lower and landed quietly in the snow. The hot scent of human blood, so fresh and tantalizing drew her. It was irresistible. And Ann was sooo hungry. Had the werewolves made a kill? Ann only wondered this for a moment. The human was still alive for there was no scent of death on the frigid night air.

     Ann easily traveled over the crust of the snow into a grove of pine and Douglas fir trees. Within this grove she could scent the blood and hear soft whimpering and cries along with snorts and growls.

      Yes, here was where the werewolves and their human prey were, for that was what this humans was prey. Where had they found this human what out here so far from anywhere?

     Ann came into the clearing, silent like only a vampire could be. Two large wolves were biting at a human male who looked around 20 years of age. Ann stopped to watch, wondering what was happening here besides a killing.

     She knew the werewolves were killing him. But more likely they were turning him. Ann watched in avid fascination. Her hunger increasing at the powerful scent of blood. Thick as the frozen air.

      The two werewolves stopped biting the whimpering human whose blood was splashed on the ivory snow around him. They looked at Ann who looked right back at them.

     They growled softly. Ann laughed at them. She recognized the two wolves as members of Jake's Alaskan Werewolf Pack. And knew they knew she was protected by their leader and a member of the pack as well. Had been for a long time.They both shape shifted into their human forms. “Ann” the brown haired one greeted. “Yes, hello Ann.” the black haired one said.

     “Hello guys .” her eyes dropped to the bleeding human. She was hungry and wanted his blood. She folded her feathery wings to her back with a rustling sound. “What are you doing with him?” She indicated the helpless human lying on his back in a small cleared area of snow soaking in his own blood.

     “We're turning him. He's going to be a member for pack.” Dark haired answered.

     Ann walked over to the human and looked down at him, careful to avoid stepped in the bloody snow. “Mind sharing?”
     The two werewolves exchanged nervous looks.

       “I'm not talking about draining him. Just a drink or two. I don't think your Pack Leader Jake would mind.”

      “Maybe not.” Brown haired looked at his companion. “What do you think?”
     “Jake might be mad if we don't let her drink as long as she doesn't kill him.”

     “I won't” Ann desperately wanted the blood. It was so warm and thick on the air. The scent of it was so intoxicating she felt she might loose control.

     “Go ahead. It's not to be a kill. We want him in our pack. Jake does.” Dark haired said.

     “Thank you.” Ann dropped to her knees beside the human and started lapping and sucking up the humans blood. She fleetingly wondered if he would be infected with werewolf and vampirism. Ann lapped and rank a few long minutes until she had curbed her hunger and not put the human's life in jeopardy.

     Once satisfied she stood. “Thank you.” she told the two werewolves again. Before they could respond she opened her dark feathery wings and leaped into the frigid night sky. She circled once and headed for home. She hoped the human made it, became a werewolf. The she put him out of her mind. Home and her vampire clan, that's where her thoughts and heart went. And home Ann would soon be.



© 2014 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
In memory of my sister Ann M. on her birthday, Dec. 2. You are so very missed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice tribute to Ann. Good chapter. I like it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah, good chapter. We get to see Ann acting like a vampire with the lust for blood driving her out in the cold Alaskan night. And she finds her meal. Actually she gets the werewolves to share. I like this chapter.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tina Kline

9 Years Ago

Thanks very much.
Awesome chapter! We get to see Ann in her vampire mode. I really enjoyed this impressive chapter with vampires and werewolves haunting the storyline.

It's an excellent tribute to your sister.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lucky for Ann she came upon werewolves who were willing to share the blood of a human they were in the processing turning into a werewolf. Ann in her vampire mode here. Excellent and creative chapter.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 2, 2014
Last Updated on December 2, 2014


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline