Day 6

Day 6

A Chapter by Willem Gray

Day 6

Well It’s f*****g way past midnight and I can’t sleep so I guess I might as well masturbate, o wait! I already did.

So I might as well be productive. Why is it that when I absolutely should not be f*****g around at one in the morning, because of a huge exam about humans turning into monkeys in a few hours, I absolutely have no desire to sleep? Wait don’t answer, I don’t care. It is just a tiny bit inconvenient that’s all. I am already such a f*****g nutcase, sleep deprivation is not something I need right now.

Best of all, sleep deprivation might lead to sleep paralysis, and guess what? In my case it often does.

Imagine laying in your bed with your eyes wide open, you are able to look around you but not able to move: in the corner, next to the porn magazines, stands the worst thing you could possibly imagine, your mom (jokes). It is something even more horrifying: It has no clear facial features nor any discernible gender, it is very tall with dark hair and it just looks at you, and you look at it. You can’t move. You try desperately to free your body so that you can speak, or scream, but to no avail. All you can do is look, and that really f*****g sucks. Don't worry though, eventually you wake up through sheer power of will, but it can take a long time and it is always takes it’s tole.

That description is what my experience is usually like, it’s your own imagination that creates the source of panic, since when you are paralysed you are still technically dreaming, therefore your setting and threat may differ from mine if you are unlucky enough to ever experience this horrific ordeal. I’ve gotten somewhat used to it by now and I even tend to enjoy the spastic jolt with which you make your anxious re-entry into the real world, but still I would have preferred waking up tomorrow with a song of peace in my heart and without the conspicuous sock next to my bed.

O well, such is life. 



© 2016 Willem Gray


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on November 15, 2015
Last Updated on March 27, 2016
Tags: sleep paralysis, exam, insomnia, funny


Author

Willem Gray
Willem Gray

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa



About
Hello! more..

Writing
Silicon Silicon

A Poem by Willem Gray