Day 13

Day 13

A Chapter by Willem Gray

Day 13

I am a huge fan of Trevor Noah.

As a comedian he has made me spit up my meals and fall on the floor more times than a person suffering from chronic food poisoning. When he was chosen to be the host of the daily show my heart sang: finally someone could surpass censorship, because of his background and tact, and deal with the issues no one wants to deal with.

Trevor Noah is an optimist, he makes people think with his comedy and he speaks up about global issues. He is currently hosting the Daily Show and I thought he was doing a great job. Hearing about his declining ratings really baffled and surprised me.

He is using the platform to spread a positive message, but that message doesn’t seem to be well received.

Maybe it’s the massive shoes he has to fill, the ridiculous deadlines or the fact that he is starting an old show from scratch. Maybe he is struggling to say what he wants to say because of censorship issues. Maybe Americans don’t like positivity, since one negative review complained that he is not as bitingly sarcastic as the previous host, the very entertaining Jon Stewart. People don’t seem to accept that these presenters have very different personalities and styles.

Trevor Noah teaches subtle lessons that touch on social, economic and political issues. These lessons are both a relief to be heard and extremely entertaining to those who can relate to them. He is filled with a hope that the world sorely needs.

If that style is not appealing to the American public, send him home. We South Africans would love to learn more from him. 



© 2016 Willem Gray


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on December 23, 2015
Last Updated on March 27, 2016
Tags: Trevor Noah, ratings, Daily Show


Author

Willem Gray
Willem Gray

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa



About
Hello! more..

Writing
Silicon Silicon

A Poem by Willem Gray