Day 8

Day 8

A Chapter by Willem Gray

Day 8

For reasons I will not discuss, last night I found myself on an uneven grassy plain, in a tent, without a blanket. I could not sleep, partly because some people were using my tent as a “hot-box,” which made breathing a challenge, and partly because it was raining cats and dogs outside together with everyone inside the farmhouse making lots of noise, prats.

I got up at five to check the damage, it was detestable. There was broken glass everywhere, kids lying around looking like corpses, people passed out under cheap blankets on couches, I had no respect for them, which made what I saw next even more heart-breaking.

She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, she does work for charities. She is pure, kind and noble. There she lay, under a cheap blanket, surrounded by what most would not consider inviting company. Her face changed from a vacant drunken stare to a beautiful smile when she said hello. That’s when I realised she was not what she appeared to be.

I am not excusing myself from being involved with this type of company, but this was one of the few times that I could see what the higher class people get up to. The difference between my relationship with those total dickheads, and her relationship with them: I went to bed at 11, and tried to fall asleep in a tent, she stayed awake and drunk, and was awarded a bed inside the house.

This was her crowd, and that broke my heart. It must not be ignored that I am jealous, certain people act a certain way to attract a certain type of person, but I really thought that a girl so seemingly perfect would not be attracted to mean-spirited, under-developed oxygen thieves.

She sent me a message on my birthday a few weeks ago, telling me how amazing and Jesus-like I am, but she told me to not let it go to my head. What I didn’t tell her then, but am sure of now, is that I don’t believe her.

We never really spoke, so not only has she no idea of knowing what I am actually like, she clearly has a distorted view of what a good person is like. Therefore if I'm wrong and she told the truth in her message, I am not as good of a person as I thought, and that makes me a little sad.   

 



© 2016 Willem Gray


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on November 21, 2015
Last Updated on March 27, 2016
Tags: girl, disappointment, party


Author

Willem Gray
Willem Gray

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa



About
Hello! more..

Writing
Silicon Silicon

A Poem by Willem Gray