Day 16

Day 16

A Chapter by Willem Gray

Day 16

Tonight my matric exam results will present itself to me in the form of an SMS.

Yes, they still exist.

Am I nervous? Ha! Of course not! Nerves and good marks are for p*****s.

I am kidding, of course. The fact that the marks, that I have spent twelve years working on, will be arriving in a few hours is killing me.

Ideally my SMS will contain the following marks:

·         MATH : A

·         SCIENCE: A

·         BIOLOGY: A

·         AFRIKAANS: A

·         ACCOUNTING: A

·         ENGLISH HOME LANGUAGE: B (because there is not a hope in hell for me to get above 80% for English, ever)

It could, however, just as easily say that I have failed grade twelve, because I forgot to put my student number on one of the tests or something. F**k me I should have checked, but I was probably too busy trying not to s**t myself, because of the stomach problems I was blessed with in the middle of my exams.

I did try my best, but I’m afraid that in this instance my best might not deliver the results I was hoping for. In that case, f**k it.

I have this idea that my life will forever be ruined, and that I will die an uncomfortable and horrific death if I do not do well, but that is most certainly not the case. I might be depressed and even lose hope, but I will not die and I will not be defeated. I have no idea what the future holds for me anyway so if some things change I will adapt to them.

That is the truth. I will be fine. However, despite that, I am still going to lie awake tonight. So I recorded the first two Star Wars films, I will watch them tonight while I await my marks, and when the rebels get their arse handed to them in “The Empire Strikes Back” I will know that there is still “A New Hope” to look forward to.



© 2016 Willem Gray


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on January 5, 2016
Last Updated on March 27, 2016
Tags: Exam results, matric, stress, hope, Star Wars


Author

Willem Gray
Willem Gray

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa



About
Hello! more..

Writing
Silicon Silicon

A Poem by Willem Gray