Day 20

Day 20

A Chapter by Willem Gray

Day 20

So lately I’ve been quite busy with the whole “studying” thing.

I put “studying” in quotation marks because I don’t know whether what I do counts as studying. I go to class, get bored shitless and do some online assignments to make myself feel better about the fact that I still need two textbooks. I have simply been too greedy and too lazy to buy them as of yet.

Luckily I find accounting fascinating, which is good since I will be doing it for a very long time if I decide to stick to my current plan of becoming a lecturer in accounting.

I have also been watching many videos on Youtube regarding sexism, neomasculinity, racism, rape, economics, politics etc.

I have decided that I have no idea what to think or what to say, since all of those things are very complex issues. While I do have an opinion on some subjects, I feel it is best to keep away from social debates for now since I have no urge to throw my lot in with a certain group just yet. Also I am very persuadable and I need some more time to marinate on certain social topics before I decide to ramble about them incoherently.

Instead I will tell you about my one friend who studies accounting with me, and how he ruined my shot with the most beautiful girl I have ever seen since the previous most beautiful girl I had ever seen. His name is Gareth and I showed him this girl, who was sitting in our accounting lecture minding her own business. I then proceeded to tell him about what our wedding was going to be like, and that he should rent a tuxedo since I would be getting married within the week. This made us laugh even more than the previous day when I repeatedly offered him a chance to tell everyone near us that he was gay and liked to rub feet. Everyone agreed that there was nothing to be ashamed of but he kept insisting that he was straight and that he didn’t have a foot fetish, after which I told everyone he was racist because of his discrimination against feet and the male penis but even that was not as funny to us as me, imagining my wedding with the girl in row three.

The girl I loved.

Then he did the unspeakable. His reason for this treacherous act was probably the fact that I was telling every pretty girl he met on campus that he has a foot fetish and that he likes sucking on toes. Yes, he probably wanted to get back at me for that, but why did he have to go to the prettiest girl in the world, after class, and proceed to tell her all about how I wanted to marry her within the week? He pointed at me and all she saw was a hairy, ugly guy lying on his arms not being able to look up at them because of sheer shame. Gareth then continued to say how much I loved and admired her, which made her so uncomfortable that she left the room as quickly as a bullet leaves a rifle. Gareth was unable to contain his laughter, and neither was I.

With friends like Gareth I am able to stand the unending onslaught of boredom and despair that is university. Furthermore we are even Steven once again!

I just have to figure out how I am going to ruin my friend’s life on Monday in such a way that we both enjoy it.   

 

 



© 2016 Willem Gray


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on February 20, 2016
Last Updated on March 27, 2016
Tags: friend, university, study, social issues, love, girl


Author

Willem Gray
Willem Gray

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa



About
Hello! more..

Writing
Silicon Silicon

A Poem by Willem Gray