Chapter three

Chapter three

A Chapter by WriterGirl101

After the body hit, footsteps began walking around through the house. My heart dropped instantly. It was the strange man whom won. We heard shuffling footsteps, hands going through our stuff, and opening and closing our doors. He came close to our cellar door and we held our breath, waiting. It seemed that he stood there for hours, waiting and listening. He tried the door knob once. It was locked. I was afraid he’d try to knock it down. Eventually he left, slamming the door behind him.

          We waited a few more minutes, just to be completely sure, and then we left the cellar.
“Stay here, I’m going to check on Michael.” Mom told us. She came back a few minutes later, her face a pale snow white. “Rose, dear, he’s gone.” She said to me.

“What do you mean, gone?” I asked, the truth not yet hitting me.

“You know what I mean, dear.” She replied, slowly, carefully.

          I collapsed to a heap on the floor, and cried out his name. It was the most heart wrenching sound my mother said she had ever heard. I loved Michael, I really did. And now he was gone. Possibly to Heaven, but who knows.
          I sobbed and cried, and I don’t know what else. My sister took me into her arms, and led me up stairs, to my room. She sat me down on my bed, and let me cry into her shoulder, soaking her pretty blonde hair.

          After a while, the cops showed up. They took pictures, asked questions, etc. I got really upset when a guy cop asked me about Michael’s death, and a nicer police woman allowed me to quit. I went back up to my room, and stayed there for the rest of the investigation.

          The next week, Michael’s father, Ron, invited me over. I didn’t want to go, but mom thought it would be good for me. So I went. Big mistake...

 

          We talked for a while, we ate, and a few times, we just fell into silent thoughts. Michael’s mom, Angela, though, just sat quietly, going through the motions. It was like she wasn’t even there.

          Eventually, Ron told me why he had invited us over. There was a box of things that Michael had collected over the three years that we’ve been dating. Things that he had planned to give me when we both graduated, or things I’d given him. Ron handed me the box. It was just a simple card board box, with my name on it.

 I thanked him, and got ready to leave, when Angela stopped me.
          “You’re a wiccan, right? You can cast spells, right?” She asked me.

“Yes.” I replied.
“So, you can use a spell to, to, I don’t know, bring my baby to life again?”

I was astonished. I understood why she was asking this, but I couldn’t think of a single thing to say.

“Ma’am, that’s black magic. It’s not something I do. It’s bad.”

“But you can do it! You said you could do it!”

“Yes, but it’s dangerous.”

“Who cares?! Don’t you want your boyfriend back? Don’t you want to try?” She was getting slightly hysterical now.

“I’d love to, honestly, but even if it wasn’t, his body has deteriorated beyond any repair. Even if I was willing, I couldn’t.”

“You just don’t love him enough! That’s what it is! If you loved him the way you always said you did, you’d at least try!” She shouted. “You don’t deserve what’s hidden in that box! You don’t deserve it!!” she added, pointing.

“Ma’am, please, you must understand-” I began, close to tears myself by now.

Ron then jumped to the rescue, and grabbed his wife’s shoulders. He whispered into her ear, calming her down, and then led her to the couch.

“I’m so sorry. She’s just upset, and that spell was out only chance at getting Michael back. But I understand completely why you can’t do it.” Ron said to me, coming back. “We love you, come back at a better time, okay? And don’t stop your life because of this. Move on. I know I’m trying to. Just don’t forget.” He added, pulling me into a hug.

                I knew Michael way before we even got together. We’ve lived in the same neighborhood since we were tiny babies. Our parents were best friends with each other, and eventually, Michael and I became friends. We became an official family when we got together, so yeah, they love me, and I love them.

          I nodded, and pulled away. He walked me to the front door, and let me out. When I got home, I told mom and Ashley everything. I then invited Ashley to come to my room, and open the box with me.
“I’m afraid, Ashley.”

“Don’t be. I’m here with you.”

“Okay.”

There was a not hidden under the first flap.

Open the smallest box last. �"Ron and Angela.

“I wonder what that means.” I said, showing my sister. She shrugged her shoulder, and made a ‘go on’ gesture. I opened the box...

          At the very top was mini Doctor Who, Matt Smith, figurine. He was my favorite doctor. It was a cute little collectable. There was a book under that. Dracula by Bram Stoker. I’ve wanted to read it for years, but I could never find it anywhere. And I didn’t trust the internet enough to read it there. I laid that aside, tearing up. The next few things were necklaces, earrings, a couple bracelets I’ve wanted, stuff I’ve given to him, stuff like that.

          At the bottom was a small box, wrapped in paper, on top of a large photo album. I remembered the small note, and went for the album first. It was picture of us through the ages. They were pictures of us as kids, as teens, and so on. The last one was of us when we were trying on our graduation gowns. He kissed me on the lips right as the picture was snapped, so I had genuine surprise on my face.

          My sister was silent through the whole thing, but when I finally got to the small box, and tore off the paper, she gasped. I did too. It was a black velvet box, and we both knew exactly what it was. I opened it, and inside was a golden Celtic ring, with an opal stone set in it.

          He’d chosen opal, because it was my birth stone, and because I had always told him I’d rather have that than the traditional ring with diamond. By that time, I was in tears. Ashley pulled me closer to her, and I just sat there in her arms a moment.

          I went to bed soon after, the ring on my finger. 



© 2015 WriterGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Omg this is heartwrenching. This brought me to tears. I can't believe he's dead and that's so sweet he had the box with all the stuff in it for her and he was going to ask her to marry him. This was a really great chapter I can't wait to read more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Than you very much. Extremely glad it brought out some feeling, because I honestly didn't think it w.. read more
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Trust me it was good enough. After the first chapter I was hoping that it would be the guy who broke.. read more
WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

*Excited cheer*

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on July 2, 2015
Last Updated on October 14, 2015


Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101