Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by WriterGirl101

The next week, it was time for the grad party. All the graduates, their parents, and their siblings pitched into decorate, organize, and prepare. After it was all completed, it looked great. There were drink & food tables, a stage, for live music, and there were even 50 sections, one for each grad student. These sections were blocked off by red velvet ropes, and had a table in each section, and a banner with the occupant’s names. These sections were gift tables, tables for relatives and friends who come and join in the fun.

         

          But the party wasn’t just a social gathering. We were to have carnival games, like races, booths, and such. It was all great. There was even a wall climb, and famous bands and musicians. Ed Shereen was the one I’d requested, and he had come. And most important thing was the section where Michael would have been. It was set up as a memorial.

         

          It went pretty well for the first few hours. I won myself a few prize (my favorite was a giant stuffed panda), climbed the wall, and stuffed my face in food of all kinds, from pizza to cotton candy. My parents and sister showed up a little later, and had some fun of their own. It was then called to attention that we needed to go to our tables. People would bring their gifts, find the right table, drop them off, and then they’d move on to enjoy the party, so all the tables were full of junk when it was time to move to them. Mine even had stuff set on the ground, because there was no more room on the table. I had a feeling it was because of Michael more than anything else.

         

          I got lots of stuff, and when family time was over, we all went to the stage to see the music. There were five bands in all and three musicians; two country bands, one hard metal band, and two world bands. The Dubliners (they were an old band), and Celtic Woman were the world bands, and I rather enjoyed them. When it was time for my pick, someone else stepped out instead. It was the Reaper guy again. And this time, everyone saw him.

          He stepped out on the stage, with a scythe. Everyone applauded, thinking it was part of the act, but I knew the truth. He pulled back his robed hood, and his skull was underneath. But surprisingly he began to play. I began to doubt he was the real deal, as he played on. It was great music, and then Ed Shereen’s voice rang out. I didn’t know who set this stunt, but it didn’t matter because I liked it.

          Everyone danced and bobbed to the music, while others continued walking around the field. Near the end of the music, Ed turned and looked directly at me. The eyes of his mask began to glow bright red dots. He raised his hand, and I smiled, still thinking it was part of the act.

         

          Smoke rose out of his hands, purple smoke. It snaked out, and wrapped around me, and I began to gain fear. Everyone backed away from me, fear in their eyes as well. I looked down, and I was hovering above the ground. The smoke was picking me up! But I didn’t feel anything except fear. I struggled to get away, but I literally could not move an inch.

          As I was struggling and calling for help, I was brought closer and closer to the stage. No one moved a bit, obviously afraid of what was going on, and then finally some people rushed forward to pull me back, but I was going nowhere.

           When I reached the stage, there was a huge black explosion, and I was no longer at the field. I looked down again, but the smoke was gone, and I was on the ground again. I looked up and noticed that I was in a dark forest. It was the exact same forest in my dreams. I turned, beginning to panic. Sure enough, there was the wall I always got trapped at. I walked to it, and touched it.

          It was cold to the touch. It was real. This was really happening. I screamed. I screamed over and over until I had no voice left. I turned to look for my captor, and I saw him standing at the edge of the trees, watching me.

          “What do you want?” I screamed at him. He didn’t respond with voice, but he began to walk towards me. I backed up to the wall again, until my back touched the cold stone. He reached out his hand to me, and I heard in his familiar raspy voice, but instead it was inside my head, and his “mouth” never actually moved. “Please, angel, don’t be afraid of me. You know me, and you know you do. Look in your heart, and you’ll know I tell the truth when I say who I am.”

          I stared at his outstretched skeleton hand, trying to clear my head before I panicked yet again. I nodded, trying to think. I mean maybe he really was my father, and then became this skeleton thing. Maybe he was trying to reach out to me, but why? Grim Reapers weren’t supposed to be like this; were they?? Maybe I’ll figure it out, but that would mean I’d have to willingly stay with him. 



© 2015 WriterGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the last line. I can't wait to read more :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ohhhhhh interesting. I love the ending, though is that really how a grad party goes? Hm.

Either way, can't wait for more! :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

It was more of a fun fair-type thing I was going for, mixed in with a grad party, to add more fun I .. read more
Silent Wolf

8 Years Ago

Awesome. I've never heard of a "grad party" so I was genuinely curious. :)
WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Lol........

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 25, 2015
Last Updated on August 4, 2015


Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101