Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A Chapter by WriterGirl101

*Back to Rose*

            I woke up the next morning on the living room couch. Vincent was still asleep at the other end and someone had draped a blanket around us. His arm was wrapped around me. I carefully removed it to get up and shuffled upstairs to see if Ashley had come home yet. I trudged up the stairs to see her bedroom door firmly shut and locked. I thought of knocking but decided to leave her be. I silently padded to the kitchen, getting out a pan, the toaster, some eggs, etc. As I was turning on the stove I dropped one of the eggs. I silently cursed as I wiped away the mess. I finished without incident after that and made bacon.  Everything from the night before crashed into my mind at once and I began to shake from the pain of it all. Anger builds up strong and fast, I just want to hit something. Cursing again, louder this time, I threw the pan, bacon still sizzling in it, across the kitchen as it slammed into a wall. It left a giant dent in the mint-green wallpaper as it crashed to the floor. I didn’t feel like sobbing, I didn’t feel depressed. I was tired of being the small girl crying on someone’s shoulder, instead, all I felt was blazing anger.

            I grabbed my coat shoved on some boots and stormed out the door. I didn’t know where I was headed; I just kept walking as rain began slowly drizzling from the sky. I hear and feel the crunch of leaves and sticks under my shoes; I feel the perspiration caress my face softly. I breathe in the smell of wet grass, wild flowers, and the husky smell of animals. I lift my head and notice I’m somewhere in a wooded area, I panic at first, believing it’s the one from my dreams, but it isn’t. I shake my head and keep walking. I don’t even care where I’m heading. Thunder rumbles in the distance, wind howls through the trees, and I cheer up slightly at its calming effects. I eventually slow down my pace as I feel my legs get weaker.

            I find the driest spot on the ground that I can and just descent. I felt anger well inside, strong, deep, and painful, once more. All I wanted was to scream and just make it all go away, but I can’t. I wish I had never have let Michael die, wish I never dated Vincent, wished I could have done something for my mother, all the things I can’t do now. It began raining harder and I watch little droplets flow down the trunks of the trees and little droplets form on the flowers. I pull my knees up to my chest and just sat there listening to the sound of thunder playing its song. I listen as the rain falls gracefully and watch lightning dance to the music. I hear footsteps behind me and I tilt my head listening to where they are coming from.

            A moment later a body sat next to me. I turned my head to see Vincent looking at me. I can’t look into his eyes. So I just look back to the skies. He does not say a thing as he watches me. A few more minutes pass as we both listen to the storm above us. He does not ask any questions, does not stare at me, or anything to make me uncomfortable. He just sits there, holding my hand in his. After a minute, I turn to him staring into his deep blue eyes, and his questions are there, unanswered.

“How did you find me?” I ask him.

“Easy, I followed you. I was just making sure you stayed out of harm’s way. I was going to go back, but I didn’t want to worry about you. That all sounds so creepy.” He chuckled.

“Hmm... No, I think it’s sweet.” I laugh.

“Are you sure? I guess I need to stalk you more, huh? Never thought girls were into that.” He laughed.

I punched him in the arm playfully and laid my head on his shoulder.

“You punch me, but then lie against me... You’re a complicated goose, love.”

             We sit there for a few more minutes before the storm gets worse and decide to walk back to the house. He helps me to my feet and puts one arm around my waist. We walk back in silence, just enjoying each other’s company. I bury my face in the crook of his neck and breathe in his scent. He had a masculine scent, it was nice.

            My sister was in the living room when we got back. She was standing up, a worried expression on her face. She gave me a questioning look and I smile reassuringly. I know the time has come to tell her everything. But I was afraid. My fingers shake nervously as I sit down in my black velvet chair. She sits across from me on the green, threadbare couch. I see questions brewing behind her emerald eyes and I swallow nervously, preparing myself.

“Vincent, I’d like to talk to my sister alone, please.” I tell him. He glances questioningly, but understanding quickly takes over. He nods and steps out the front door.

            I took in a wavered breath and began telling my story from beginning to end. I started from when I first began having the dreams. I told her the fear I had felt. I told her of the visits then, the warnings that Death had given me. I told her of the visit at the graveyard and I told her of my future that Death had claimed. I watched her face as I spoke, disbelief veiling her eyes. But she didn’t try to stop me. She simply sat and listened. When I finished, she stared, her expression blank. Her eyes turned black...



© 2016 WriterGirl101


Author's Note

WriterGirl101
I know it's short, I know it sucks, but please work with me, writers block is a b**
I'll edit it when I get the time but I needed to publish something at least

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It does not suck. It is really good and have an an amazing cliff hanger. I seriously loved it and will try and think of a good idea unlike the s**t one I gave you earlier. XD

Posted 8 Years Ago


WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Hey, it wasn't s**t lol.... I might just use it. ;)
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Haha lol, maybe, maybe not. And cool lol.
WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Lol yep... XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 22, 2016
Last Updated on February 22, 2016


Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101